Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2014 12:38:43 PM EDT
Hey fellow Virginia guys.  I found this interesting and thought I'd share.  Here are the 10 most dangerous cities in Virginia.

The criteria was, cities over 10,000 people, and crime statistics based on murder, rape, robbery, assault, burglary, theft, and vehicle theft.

The 10 Most Dangerous Places in Virginia

1. City of Richmond
2. City of Norfolk
3. City of Portsmouth
4. City of Roanoke
5. City of Petersburg
6. City of Fredericksburg
7. City of Hopewell
8. City of Bristol
9. City of Danville
10. City of Newport News
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to fix your url link, you have an extra http:// at the end.

also, by looking at some of the comments, they did not do a full study since some major cities were omitted. I would not put a lot of stock in the article.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey fellow Virginia guys.  I found this interesting and thought I'd share.  Here are the 10 most dangerous cities in Virginia.

The criteria was, cities over 10,000 people, and crime statistics based on murder, rape, robbery, assault, burglary, theft, and vehicle theft.

1. City of Richmond  UVA Campus
2. City of Norfolk ODU Campus
3. City of Portsmouth
4. City of Roanoke
5. City of Petersburg
7. City of Hopewell
8. City of Bristol
9. City of Danville
10. City of Newport News
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
As a person who regularly reads the Fburg police blotter and used to live near Petersburg, I'm gonna go with the list is inaccurate.

Also, all of Fredericksburg's problems can be traced to two areas of town.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need to fix your url link, you have an extra http:// at the end.

also, by looking at some of the comments, they did not do a full study since some major cities were omitted. I would not put a lot of stock in the article.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Richmond = VCU campus not UVA; although as recent press shows, UVA/Charlottsville has it's own issues.

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. City of Portsmouth
4. City of Roanoke
5. City of Petersburg
7. City of Hopewell
8. City of Bristol
9. City of Danville
10. City of Newport News

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Richmond = VCU campus not UVA; although as recent press shows, UVA/Charlottsville has it's own issues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

3. City of Portsmouth
4. City of Roanoke
5. City of Petersburg
7. City of Hopewell
8. City of Bristol
9. City of Danville
10. City of Newport News

Maybe , but not unsafe. Unless youre a drunk co-ed who is DTF up until the day , or 2 years, afterward.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I wasn't aware Frednecksburg was dangerous.  But then again, I just shop and eat there, not try and buy crack from the prostitutes.  So I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe , but not unsafe. Unless youre a drunk co-ed who is DTF up until the day , or 2 years, afterward.
View Quote

Hope you don't plan to run for office.  I know it's off the original topic but that attitude is f'd up.  

The Pro gun community is missing a great chance to point out that our university's prohibit the carrying of arms for self defense, 18 year Olds are prohibited from purchasing handguns or being licensed to carry concealed and rape / attempted rape us a lawful reason to use deadly force for self defense no matter the victims age.  

No means no and a gunshot provides a nice exclamation point.  We need women of the Pro gun side, not people like you alienating them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope you don't plan to run for office.  I know it's off the original topic but that attitude is f'd up.  

The Pro gun community is missing a great chance to point out that our university's prohibit the carrying of arms for self defense, 18 year Olds are prohibited from purchasing handguns or being licensed to carry concealed and rape / attempted rape us a lawful reason to use deadly force for self defense no matter the victims age.  

No means no and a gunshot provides a nice exclamation point.  We need women of the Pro gun side, not people like you alienating them.
View Quote

No means no. My point is that there are many cases where the girl didnt say no, she , for whatever reason, decided to claim she was raped when she actually wasnt. I dont see how that has anything to do with the pro-gun / anti-gun debate neither. And yes , I realize there are many cases where the female was actually assaulted and the perp should be prosecuted to the fullest.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#11]
ladies, want to change rape culture? shoot it in the face
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#12]
 I dont see how that has anything to do with the pro-gun / anti-gun debate neither.
View Quote

This is a gun board and pro gun by its nature.  I don't know how much new traffic this site gets from new users who may be trying to learn about guns and the gun community, but if I was a female reader I would have said the heck with these pro gun guys.  Maybe I went to far.

I would like to see the VDCL go to lobby day and talk about this issue.  There are  lots of women across the state infuriated by the failure of the institutions to protect them.  The should be equally or more infuriated that the state prevents them from protecting themselves by threat of criminal  or civil action since they are on college campuses and not 21 years old (for a CCW permit)
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#13]
FWIW - a lifelong friend of mine has a daughter who was attacked at UVA.  Typical situation, there was a party she knew a really drunk guy and was naive (stupid) enough to want to help him get home.  He attacked her leaving huge bruises on many personal areas, but she was able to get away before worse happened.  Went to court and the judge said "I know you are guilty but don't want to ruin your life"; kid gets off.  UVA kicks him out for a year, he's back now.  UVA has SERIOUS issues and as a taxpayer I'm pissed that they let this crap go on for so long.  Drunken frat boys need to know their limits or go to jail.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FWIW - a lifelong friend of mine has a daughter who was attacked at UVA.  Typical situation, there was a party she knew a really drunk guy and was naive (stupid) enough to want to help him get home.  He attacked her leaving huge bruises on many personal areas, but she was able to get away before worse happened.  Went to court and the judge said "I know you are guilty but don't want to ruin your life"; kid gets off.  UVA kicks him out for a year, he's back now.  UVA has SERIOUS issues and as a taxpayer I'm pissed that they let this crap go on for so long.  Drunken frat boys need to know their limits or go to jail.
View Quote

I Agree that he should have been reprimanded and not just let off by the judge. Thats ridiculous. At least she did go to the police. The girl in the Rolling Stone article never did, only went to the magazine and that was after two years. But with that said, how is UVA responsible for your friends daughter being assaulted by the guy ? Did she report it to the school and the school cover it up ? It sounds as though she reported to the police and he was arrested, the judge then scewed it up. The judge doesnt work for the school so how is the school responsible ?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I Agree that he should have been reprimanded and not just let off by the judge. Thats ridiculous. At least she did go to the police. The girl in the Rolling Stone article never did, only went to the magazine and that was after two years. But with that said, how is UVA responsible for your friends daughter being assaulted by the guy ? Did she report it to the school and the school cover it up ? It sounds as though she reported to the police and he was arrested, the judge then scewed it up. The judge doesnt work for the school so how is the school responsible ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reported it to the school, went through the "student council" he got a UVA vacation for a year and is back & will have his UVA degree.  I'd prefer sexual predators not be welcomed back taking a slot from a non sexual predator.  This isn't a "student council" issue to me, but a law enforcement & university issue; neither showed an interest.

Boy this went way off track.  Sorry for the venting guys, that wasn't my intent.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wasn't aware Frednecksburg was dangerous.  But then again, I just shop and eat there, not try and buy crack from the prostitutes.  So I've got that going for me, which is nice.
View Quote

They probably roll in all the shoplifting/larceny arrests at the Central Park Wal-Mart which would jack the numbers up.  It seems the police are on-site about half the time I stop there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#17]
#2 baby!!!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#18]
List is BS because Hampton isnt on it. HR should just be under one category - whole place is.... Well I wont live there.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No means no. My point is that there are many cases where the girl didnt say no, she , for whatever reason, decided to claim she was raped when she actually wasnt. I dont see how that has anything to do with the pro-gun / anti-gun debate neither. And yes , I realize there are many cases where the female was actually assaulted and the perp should be prosecuted to the fullest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are drunk/under the influence of drugs (legal or not, intended or not) you cannot give consent.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Let me see if I have this correct:

• If one drinks and drives, they are 100% responsible for their actions.
  • If one drinks and screws the football team, it is the football team's fault that one said "Gang-bang me guys" but they failed to give that person a sobriety test?

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Let me see if I have this correct:

• If one drinks and drives, they are 100% responsible for their actions.
    • If one drinks and screws the football team, it is the football team's fault that one said "Gang-bang me guys" but they failed to give that person a sobriety test?

Quoted:

If you are drunk/under the influence of drugs (legal or not, intended or not) you cannot give consent.

Date rape much in college ?
      Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:11:01 PM EDT
      [#24]
      Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:38:51 AM EDT
      [#25]
      Sexisim.  The automatic default in today's society is that a woman is a victim unless proven otherwise.  And to prove otherwise is a very high bar to reach with plenty of potential problems for anyone that tries.  Terrible things happen and there are plenty of real victims but it shouldn't stop the gathering of all the facts and using them to make an objective judgement.
      Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:55:29 AM EDT
      [#26]
      I'm still trying to figure out hoe Roanoke is more dangerous than Peterburg, Hopewell, Danville and Newport News
      Link Posted: 12/3/2014 2:38:40 PM EDT
      [#27]
      it is that star... Evil power there...  Kidding, I have always loved Roanoke!
      Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:36:16 PM EDT
      [#28]
      Don't really go to Roanoke that much and have only been to Danville a handful of times, but Danville surely is a larger shit hole than Roanoke on it's worse day.
      Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:18:54 PM EDT
      [#29]
      Quoted:

View All Quotes
      Quoted:
      Quoted:
      Quoted:

Really ? So if I go to a bar and have a beer or two and end up taking a woman home She can be charged with rape because I couldnt give consent ?
      Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
      Top Top