http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/

I guess nobody cares in RVA?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorta surprised that there aren't any set in the 757...
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Williamsburg is 757
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
My daughter is in Williamsburg, this worries me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#4]
This one made me lol..  

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldnt worry. Unless they bus in protesters from Norfolk PTown or Newport News there wont be anything but those infected with white guilt and hipsters around.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#6]

The one in Vermont is even more hilarious. What are they going to do, tip some cows and hold up trucks at the Ben & Jerry's factory?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's going to be nothing but misguided W&M students, who are already there and misguided anyway.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's going to be nothing but misguided W&M students, who are already there and misguided anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy there!   Some of us Tribe know what's up!

'91

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

'91

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'91

I know that. I wasn't referring to ALL of them.

(JD '03)
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wouldnt worry. Unless they bus in protesters from Norfolk PTown or Newport News there wont be anything but those infected with white guilt and hipsters around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oddly enough, of the local kids I knew in my son's HS graduating class a few years ago, all of those who went to W&M (other than him) were among the flamingist liberals/progressives at the HS.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#12]
You may want to note that the 1968 riots (King or Kennedy)  never crossed the Potomac into Virginia.

Every wondered why?

Lumber yards are great places to park NG men and vehicles.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Or maybe an excuse for some local thugs to prey on the well meaning students and other innocent locals.  I'm tempted to drive down.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#14]
NG men?  What's that?

Quoted:
You may want to note that the 1968 riots (King or Kennedy)  never crossed the Potomac into Virginia.

Every wondered why?

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Assume National Guard, may also be called Virginia State Defense Force (VDF) in VA.

Quoted:
NG men?  What's that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
NG men?  What's that?

Quoted:

Every wondered why?

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Assume National Guard, may also be called Virginia State Defense Force (VDF) in VA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
NG men?  What's that?

Quoted:

Every wondered why?

Rosslyn on the Virginia side of Key Bridge was not anything like it is now.
National Pawnbrokers and a couple lumber yards.
The National Guard was hidden in the lumber stacks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
NG men?  What's that?

Quoted:

Every wondered why?

National Guard may NOT also be called VDF, there's several major differences.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#18]
The thought of protesting in Blacksburg amuses me. Tech is like an island of blue in an ocean of red.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The thought of protesting in Blacksburg amuses me. Tech is like an island of blue in an ocean of red.
View Quote

Actually, quite of bit of VT is red too, especially compared to other public universities.   There's been a very small activist group there since at least the Vietnam War and would go away if they nixed a liberal art program.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Actually, quite of bit of VT is red too, especially compared to other public universities.   There's been a very small activist group there since at least the Vietnam War and would go away if they nixed a liberal art program.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blue college is still blue. Ever look at the voting map? Blacksburg is one of the only Blue spots on this side of the state.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think you have much to worry about, all 10 of the city police force will be on duty I'm sure
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I live in richmond, and can assure you, don't give a shit
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Blue college is still blue. Ever look at the voting map? Blacksburg is one of the only Blue spots on this side of the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regardless of school, the college women are almost entirely liberal in their voting.  As far as the atmosphere, everyone knows Hokies are a bunch of high tech rednecks

Blacksburg only shows on this b/c there is an agitator in town, don't expect VT to rally behind it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I live a couple blocks away from Merchant Square. I wouldn't worry as it'll probably be the same five dirty hippies that hung out at Merchant Sq as the local Occupy WS protest. Too quiet around here.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Yeah those guys on tumblr are rocket scientists LOL.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I looked at their graphic and see they say "every 28 hours a black person is killed in the USA by police, security, or racist vigilante.".  I wonder what qualifies as a "racist vigilante"?  My guess is that it might be someone protecting their lives, their loved ones, or their property; I don't know this, but I'd be shocked if otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#28]
My little slice of Portsmouth was all quiet last night.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quiet in my part of Portsmouth too, not too far from the old Tower Mall.  When I cut the news on at 11:20 and saw the riots in progress I found myself wondering where I had left my 33 round mag for my Glock 34. Not to worry, it was handy but unneeded.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:02:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quiet in my part of Portsmouth too, not too far from the old Tower Mall.  When I cut the news on at 11:20 and saw the riots in progress I found myself wondering where I had left my 33 round mag for my Glock 34. Not to worry, it was handy but unneeded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Church land here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hundreds Protest Ferguson Decision in Richmond

Nearly 500 people gathered in downtown Richmond Tuesday evening to protest a Ferguson, Missouri grand jury’s decision not to indict a police officer who shot dead unarmed black teen Michael Brown there in August.

The protest gathered at the John Marshall Courts Building, where demonstrators held signs reading “Black Lives Matter” and unfurled a banner that stated “Police are the Enemy.” Dozens of Richmond police officers watched from across the street, eventually blocking off a lane of traffic to allow the protesters more room.

Dozens of speakers, ranging from college students to community organizers, called for more people to speak out against police violence committed against African Americans. One speaker said she had protested in Ferguson, alongside Brown’s mother.

“This isn’t a black thing, this is a human thing,” she said. “A mother is weeping because she lost her child.”

The protesters proceeded from the courthouse down Broad Street to the Governor’s Mansion -- with police blocking traffic along the way. The crowd of hundreds then offered a moment of silence in Brown’s memory before circling back to the courts building.

Romance Simpson, a Virginia Union University sophomore, helped organize the protest after the grand jury announced its decision Monday. She helped lead an impromptu march that night to the Richmond police headquarters.

“I’m tired,” Simpson said as she motioned at the protesters. “We’re all tired. I feel like the police should do a better job understanding the black community.”

http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/hundreds-protest-ferguson-decision-in-richmond/Content?oid=2151883

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#32]
White guilt lives!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top