Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2014 2:27:19 PM EDT
So, I order two guns from two places and due to some weird problems at website #1 I had to ship to two separate FFL's.  I picked Anonymous Shop and Quantico Tactical.

Store #1 - Anonymous Woodbridge/Quantico area gun store.  Total nightmare, rude staff, never notified me of the arrival and claimed it was my PHONE'S fault.  Yes, you read that correctly - they didn't notify me because it was my phone's fault.  That lacked so much logic I was speechless.  You can't make this stuff up.  They took a phone call while I was there, then made fun of the customer for asking something basic after they hung up the phone.  With me RIGHT THERE.  Time in to time out, 30-35 minutes.  More bad stuff happened, but that's enough - you might not believe the rest.

Store #2 - Following day, Quantico Tactical in Woodbridge.  Couldn't have been a better experience.  Spoke with Mike (I think that's his name, maybe Matt - not sure why I'm forgetting it) on the phone and he was nothing but nice.  Went in and they had my rifle all waiting to go.  As I was filling out my forms the phone rang and someone needed an FFL sent.  Mike took their info and said "no problem, I'll do it right now", hung up the phone and did it.  Again, 100% professional.  Another guy helped me, but he was great, too.  Told me about some .22lr deals and such as I was paying.  Time in to time out, right around 12 or 13 minutes.  Oh, and it was $17 bucks I believe.  Which is over half what I paid the day before.

I will NEVER go anywhere else again.  I won't name the first store as it isn't directly relevant to my experience with QT and I'd just prefer to give them no publicity.  This is not a paid editorial, I simply want the locals to know what kind of folks you're dealing with a QT.

(I have receipts from both places I'd be happy to share privately if someone or a mod wants to call me out on it.)

TL/DR crowd:
Quantico Tactical is inexpensive and treats you as if you are their CEO.  Frequent their establishment.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I still don't understand why you won't name the first store.  It'd be nice to know who to avoid.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still don't understand why you won't name the first store.  It'd be nice to know who to avoid.
View Quote

Avoid everyone in that area except for Quantico Tactical.  

I don't want this to detract from QT and turn into one of those "well, every time I go they are great" or "the owner is the best ever!!!" bullshit threads or some nutjob company saying I'm slandering their good name.  Hope that clears up why I'm not interested in kicking that hornets nest.  I've been twice.  The first time was mediocre and the second time was a nightmare.

Maybe we'll all meet up at some point over some beers and I'll tell everyone the whole story.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Must be Dicks......Sporting Gds
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to say your story is 100% correct for that area.
That is why I only do business with QT.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Another thumbs-up for QT.
Consistently a friendly, reliable place.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
i've done several transfers through QT by potomac mills and they've always been very good to deal with.  i just wish they would do transfers from individuals
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#7]
EVERY time I have been to QT, they are friendly and helpful but not pushy. They will ask you if you need help finding something but if you tell them that you are just looking, they give you the space to look.

I have been going to QT since they opened in Quantico in (I believe) 2002. Nothing but good things to say.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I like QT and spend money there.  I like VA Arms and spend money there.  I like Purcell Guns and spend money there too.  Oh yeah, and I buy other stuff from F3 Tactical, they're nice folks as well.  Also, have to mention that I buy ammo from Walmart and Dicks from time to time not because of their customer service but they're priced okay and I'm in the store anyway.  There are plenty of other places that I will not spend my money with usually because they have aholes working there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like QT and spend money there.  I like VA Arms and spend money there.  I like Purcell Guns and spend money there too.  Oh yeah, and I buy other stuff from F3 Tactical, they're nice folks as well.  Also, have to mention that I buy ammo from Walmart and Dicks from time to time not because of their customer service but they're priced okay and I'm in the store anyway.  There are plenty of other places that I will not spend my money with usually because they have aholes working there.
View Quote

I have a short list, and none are the ones you mentioned.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#10]
AST? I've been there and was not impressed. Transfers were pretty high when I asked. QT is a great placed to spend money.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
AST? I've been there and was not impressed. Transfers were pretty high when I asked. QT is a great placed to spend money.
View Quote

Hmmm.... Guess we've both been there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
AST? I've been there and was not impressed.
View Quote

Went once, also wasn't impressed, didn't care for the attitude displayed. I've not returned nor will I. I'll stick with VA Arms and QT.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I hate Quantico Tactical.

Because they still haven't opened a store in Hampton Roads!  I want to enjoy these levels of consistent good customer service at more than gunshows when I go to y'all's tables!  Hell, I'd settle for a Richmond store as I'm in Richmond once a month at least.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Because they still haven't opened a store in Hampton Roads!  I want to enjoy these levels of consistent good customer service at more than gunshows when I go to y'all's tables!  Hell, I'd settle for a Richmond store as I'm in Richmond once a month at least.
View Quote

Hey QT... It doesn't have to be Hampton Roads.  Somewhere between Richmond and Williamsburg would work too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:35:30 AM EDT
[#16]
QT for the win!!

I have a transfer coming in this week, and will ONLY use them for my transfer needs.

You can't beat their prices, and their customer service is top notch!

We are very lucky to have them in our area!!

ETA: I came in here dreading to see a tale of lost guns, stolen parts, botched transaction, etc...glad I was disappoint.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:54:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Another vote for QT at Potomac Mills. A few months ago I wanted a Ruger 10/22 takedown and they had it. I couldn't find one locally so I called them and asked if they had one. They said they did I told him I could be there in about 90 minutes and asked them to hold onto it, sure no problem.

Once I got there it was a very smooth transaction.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I be QT hasn't even seen this thread.  

Glad so many people in here use them.  Hopefully this will turn someone on to them who hasn't used them before.  ($10 pmags?! I'll take 20 please)
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Another +1 for QT in Woodbridge.  Transferred an AI rifle thru them.  Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I have been going to quantico tactical for a while now.. They are definitely, without question the best ffl in NoVA
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Because of this thread, I decided to use QT for my last transfer. It was two items from CDNN and the staff at Quantico Tactical couldn't have made it easier and less painless. They are a very polite and professional crew. I know they are not making a bunch of money off $15 transfers ($20 total for two items) so I decided to do a little Christmas shopping while I was in the Woodbridge store and picked up some 40 round PMAGS as stocking stuffers and found them cheaper than any place online.

So... a BIG to The crew at Quantico Tactical, Woodbridge. Thank you for this GREAT service!
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep went there and picked up 4 lowers for $160, but couldn't stop there. Had to jump on the mag deal as well. Tough trying to save with a place like that local.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Told a co-worker about them and he's picking up his transfer today.  He's a new AR owner!  (He'll need optics and pmags as well )
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I like the QT in Q-Town.  I can walk there for lunch!

Is Anon Store on Rt. 1 going through Hoodbridge?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:51:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1

There is more to VA than NoVa. Tidewater needs a QT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top