Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2014 10:22:21 AM EDT
Your sheriff, Shannon Zeman (R, supposedly), is appearing in ads endorsing Mark Warner here in NoVA.  

Just thought you ought to know.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you and noted. I know Shannon well. I may have to ask him about it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The ad has been playing virtually non stop in the Richmond area.  Several quotes from former republican office holders condemning Gillespie going after Warner on the state senator/daughter judgeship issue.  The sheriff's closing quote (paraphrased) "Mark Warner is trying to solve problems, Ed Gillespie's attacks are the problem."
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The ad has been playing virtually non stop in the Richmond area.  Several quotes from former republican office holders condemning Gillespie going after Warner on the state senator/daughter judgeship issue.  The sheriff's closing quote (paraphrased) "Mark Warner is trying to solve problems, Ed Gillespie's attacks are the problem."
View Quote

Yep, that's the one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep, that's the one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's the one.

Warner must be getting desperate. I think he's feeling the connection voters have been making between him and Obama. I hope the door hits him in the ass on the way out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep, that's the one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's the one.

Seen it here too in the NRV. Floyd County is the Burlington VT of VA, with a kind of weird hippy redneck thing, so it doesn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Seen it here too in the NRV. Floyd County is the Burlington VT of VA, with a kind of weird hippy redneck thing, so it doesn't surprise me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's the one.

We are being over run by hippies and liberal out of towers but we still are strong republican when voting results get tallied up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We are being over run by hippies and liberal out of towers but we still are strong republican when voting results get tallied up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, that's the one.

That's all well and good, but someone needs to have a heart-to-heart with the sheriff.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Sheriff of a county of 15,000.  You can't find them much smaller than that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Apparently Warner has been "endorsed" by a number of sheriffs, and is claiming a bipartisan coalition.  Zeman and Tony Roper from Clarke County are the only Rs who signed on.

I'm just getting frustrated with the insistence by so many people that if a candidate has an R behind their name, we should vote for them, no questions asked.  Too damned many of them take our votes for granted and then stab us in the back.  

Warner has been anything but bipartisan as a Senator, but is running as the bipartisan "statesman".  Idiots like those two sheriffs give him cover for those claims.

Plus, in a tiny county, I'm pretty sure a locally elected sheriff has more than a small amount of influence.

Rant over, sorry.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Apparently Warner has been "endorsed" by a number of sheriffs, and is claiming a bipartisan coalition.  Zeman and Tony Roper from Clarke County are the only Rs who signed on.

I'm just getting frustrated with the insistence by so many people that if a candidate has an R behind their name, we should vote for them, no questions asked
.  Too damned many of them take our votes for granted and then stab us in the back.  

Warner has been anything but bipartisan as a Senator, but is running as the bipartisan "statesman".  Idiots like those two sheriffs give him cover for those claims.

Plus, in a tiny county, I'm pretty sure a locally elected sheriff has more than a small amount of influence.

Rant over, sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just getting frustrated with the insistence by so many people that if a candidate has an R behind their name, we should vote for them, no questions asked
.  Too damned many of them take our votes for granted and then stab us in the back.  

Rant over, sorry.

The bolded part is what really bugs me.  He strikes me as the type that's only a Republican because it's politically expedient.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Warner must be getting desperate. I think he's feeling the connection voters have been making between him and Obama. I hope the door hits him in the ass on the way out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's the one.

Never going to happen. Warner is going to win by double digits and laugh all the way to the bank. As I have state before, that Obama jizz guzzler has his seat for life.

If the Va GOP doesn't run some dipshit, the other Obama ball gargling jizz guzzler, Timmay, might be beatable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top