Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2014 2:21:40 AM EDT
This story caught my eye..

http://watchdog.org/179372/calibration-issues-maryland/

Voting machines that switch Republican votes to Democrats are being reported in Maryland.

“When I first selected my candidate on the electronic machine, it would not put the ‘x’ on the candidate I chose — a Republican — but it would put the ‘x’ on the Democrat candidate above it,” Donna Hamilton said.

“This happened multiple times with multiple selections. Every time my choice flipped from Republican to Democrat. Sometimes it required four or five tries to get the ‘x’ to stay on my real selection,” the Frederick, Md., resident said last week.

Queen Anne County Sheriff Gary Hofmann said he encountered the problem, too, personally.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:37:34 AM EDT
[#1]
That's Maryland politics for ya!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I knew years ago when SEIU had voting machine contracts this would be the case.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And Chicago, and possibly Colorado.

Demand a paper ballot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Demand a paper ballot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Demand a paper ballot.

Don't forget, VA is now part of the blue state fiasco.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Demand a paper ballot.

At least we don't have "early voting" so the Dems can conduct fraud over a longer period.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget about all the illegals that vote too.............
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

At least we don't have "early voting" so the Dems can conduct fraud over a longer period.
View Quote

Actually, you can vote early, by casting an "absentee ballot" at your local registrar's office. All you need to do is tell them that you're going to be out of town on a business trip on election day, and they'll hand you a ballot.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Actually, you can vote early, by casting an "absentee ballot" at your local registrar's office. All you need to do is tell them that you're going to be out of town on a business trip on election day, and they'll hand you a ballot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative.....Not the same at all.

You vote with an absentee ballot by mail and the ballot must be requested several weeks before of the election. Early voting is voting in person at designated polling places in your city or town before the election day.

Early voting is a option in thirty-odd states. Not in Virginia.

Absentee voting....Available in all 50 states.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You vote with an absentee ballot by mail and the ballot must be requested several weeks before of the election. Early voting is voting in person at designated polling places in your city or town before the election day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, apparently you have never voted absentee. All you have to do is show up at the registrar's office and request an absentee ballot.

Don't tell us that you have to request an absentee ballot by mail "several weeks before the election", because that is totally wrong. You can vote with an absentee ballot right up through the Friday before the election.

When I was still working on the railroad, my work schedule had me out of town just about every Tuesday. As a result, I voted that way just about every year.

After I retired, my wife and I worked for several years as "Officers of Election" in a precinct that we didn't live in. We went down to the Registrar's office the week before the election and voted. There was usually a line of voters there, waiting to cast their absentee ballots.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Arent' absentee ballots considered 'provisional' or some other similar phrasing in Virginia, and not counted unless there is a particular percentage difference between the candidates?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Arent' absentee ballots considered 'provisional' or some other similar phrasing in Virginia, and not counted unless there is a particular percentage difference between the candidates?
View Quote

No. All absentee ballots are counted as if they had been cast on election day at the polls.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are counted in a CAP , "central absentee precinct" in most localities when the polls close. They keep all the AB's in the office and count them there vs the old way of sending them out to each precinct.  You can vote on the machine at the CAP or request a ballot to be mailed to you. You can vote in person up until this Sat. The CAP is considered another prescient.

Saturday Office Hours of Operation                                               October 25, 2014, November 1, 2014

Last day for receipt of absentee ballot applications by mail and fax       October 28, 2014

Last day to vote absentee in person                                                 November 1, 2014

ELECTION DAY Tuesday, November 04, 2014Polls Open: 6:00 a.m. – Polls Close: 7:00 p.m.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool. Don't know where I got the idea that they were provisional. Glad to see it's not true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top