Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 9:59:11 AM EDT
What is on my ballot?

The previous thread is in the archives.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#1]
so what is the proposed constitutional amendment?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

http://elections.virginia.gov/index.php/election-law/proposed-constitutional-amendment/
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://elections.virginia.gov/index.php/election-law/proposed-constitutional-amendment/

No idea what the hell that is.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm, didn't know about the ammendment.  I know where I stand on that though, so I'm good.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm tired right now...  If I read that correctly, the current law is for disabled vets, the revision adds those that are deceased.  Does that sound correct?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm... Tough decision.   Currently reads SHALL tax exempt for 100% DVs.  Proposed adds KIAs (good) but changes from SHALL to "the GA MAY." (not good)
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#8]
If you are in Norfolk there is a city ballot on whether or not the city keeps an appointed school board or switches to a voter elected one. (sort of like was done with the mayoral elections a few years back)

I voted yes on that. Maybe some better school board people can get voted in instead of city council's appointed cronies.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmmm... Tough decision.   Currently reads SHALL tax exempt for 100% DVs.  Proposed adds KIAs (good) but changes from SHALL to "the GA MAY." (not good)
View Quote

the proposed text of the amendment does not change the "shall exempt" for 100% DVs, I'm really not seeing a downside
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top