Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2014 3:40:49 PM EDT
anyone in Va beach/Norfolk area have an pistol caliber carbines in stock? cal and price would be nice if you remember. looking for one for the wife.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone is making M1 Carbines in 22 and 9mm. It seems to me that one of them would be ideal for what you are looking for. Check GB under "M1 Carbines".
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone is making M1 Carbines in 22 and 9mm. It seems to me that one of them would be ideal for what you are looking for. Check GB under "M1 Carbines".
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
seen them, not impressed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw a beretta at colonial the other day.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

its the citadel M1 carbine! you can get one at the Kentucky Gun Co...
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#6]
For research information there is a pistol caliber carbine section in the armory portion of the website.

I really enjoy my marlin .357 magnum carbine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Saw a beretta at colonial the other day.
View Quote

i doubt she will be able to work the controls on the berettas since i can barely reach them and she has a lot smaller hands than i have. LOL.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For research information there is a pistol caliber carbine section in the armory portion of the website.

I really enjoy my marlin .357 magnum carbine.
View Quote

been there done that. just trying to find someone that has some in stock so she can handle some to see what fits her and that have controls that she can reach. if all else fails i may just build her a 9mm AR. i was hoping maybe someone had a JRC or something like it in stock.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Why not just get her a M1 carbine? 15 or 30 round magazine, .30 carbine has similar ballistic characteristics as .357 magnum. A good USGI shooter can be had for around $700 or a new Auto Ordinance version for around the same.

I LOVE my IBM twins;

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why not just get her a M1 carbine? 15 or 30 round magazine, .30 carbine has similar ballistic characteristics as .357 magnum. A good USGI shooter can be had for around $700 or a new Auto Ordinance version for around the same.

I LOVE my IBM twins;

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/fn111557/M1%20carbine/m1_020.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/fn111557/M1%20Carbine%20No2/No2_01.jpg

View Quote

she likes my AR so not sure how she would like the M1 carbine. i havent done much research but from what i remember when the AO's came out they seemed to have been hit or miss. have they gotten better?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been researching PCC's for a while now.  From what I have seen, a 9mm AR15 and a 9mm Beretta CX4 are two of the best and not terribly expensive.  M1 carbines now sell for more than both of these rifles and the cheap ones you can find in Keltec and Highpoint are garbage.  I have checked both out and until something better comes alone, the Beretta is the most impressive and can be had for about $550 and cheaper if you shop around.  If you get lucky and find one of the Marlin Camp Carbines made years ago those are fun too but you don't see them very often.

As a side note, I have heard rumors of someone making a PCC that takes Glock Mags but I haven't found any creditable info on it yet.  Some of the AR15 9mm rifles take Glock mags but I have heard they are hit or miss in quality.  It would be fantastic if Glock made one based on the G17 pistol.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#12]
And if you use a slightly slower powder the velocity can be run well above ammunition designed for pistol length barrels.
And still keep the port pressure within limits.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have been researching PCC's for a while now.  From what I have seen, a 9mm AR15 and a 9mm Beretta CX4 are two of the best and not terribly expensive.  M1 carbines now sell for more than both of these rifles and the cheap ones you can find in Keltec and Highpoint are garbage.  I have checked both out and until something better comes alone, the Beretta is the most impressive and can be had for about $550 and cheaper if you shop around.  If you get lucky and find one of the Marlin Camp Carbines made years ago those are fun too but you don't see them very often.

As a side note, I have heard rumors of someone making a PCC that takes Glock Mags but I haven't found any creditable info on it yet.  Some of the AR15 9mm rifles take Glock mags but I have heard they are hit or miss in quality.  It would be fantastic if Glock made one based on the G17 pistol.
View Quote

the KRISS Vector uses G21 mags, problem is im NOT paying $1500 for one. i dont think she would be able to reach the controls on the Berettas. im thinking now it would just be easier to grab a couple of cheap stripped lowers and build a couple of 9mm AR's. there is a business in the EE selling lowers for $55 each. i get a discount from either midway or brownells(cant remember which) and will order the rest of the parts from there i guess. i do want her to try an M1 carbine to see how she likes it first though. one of the AO's with the folding stock and pistol grip may fit her just fine.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#14]
DDLES was selling Glock mag lowers, they have a horrible reputation in their delivery of product. I understand they have gone out of business. The manufacture is supposedly now selling the Glock AR lowers.

I have a DDLES AR lower for the G20 & 21 and a 10mm upper, love it. I plan on getting a .45acp upper as well.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#15]
You can also put together a RRA 9mm using a Hahn block in a standard lower that will then take Colt SMG mags.  I've got one and couldn't be happier with it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#16]
This pistol caliber carbine is getting more traction...

Uses Glock mags and comes in a variety of calibers

$550 to 750 at the funshows...

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p/asrx-cplt-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top