Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2014 2:21:38 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1624460_.html

I'm surprised at the attention and traction this has gotten.  Several 2A groups jumped on board.  I know there are a few VCDL bigwigs that are part of the hometown forum.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm skeptical of the whole effort. For some of the reasons, check out what the really dedicated full-auto guys have to say about this on subguns.com. (Fundraising for this has been banned there.)

Basically, ownership and possession are two different things. Trusts can own machine guns, but only physical people can possess them. The Hughes Amendment bans possession of post-86 MG's. You just can't get around this inconvenient fact.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Subguns can suck my ass.

The ONLY thing they are "dedicated" to is protecting their investment, period.  End of story.

I'm skeptical, too.  But being skeptical and being vocally against it while claiming to be pro 2a reeks of hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Subguns can suck my ass.

The ONLY thing they are "dedicated" to is protecting their investment, period.  End of story.

I'm skeptical, too.  But being skeptical and being vocally against it while claiming to be pro 2a reeks of hypocrisy.
View Quote

Morally support?   Possibly but you'd have to ask Phil.  Financial support?  Don't think the pockets are very deep.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Morally support?   Possibly but you'd have to ask Phil.  Financial support?  Don't think the pockets are very deep.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Subguns can suck my ass.

That's more in line with what I was thinking.  They've got enough issues to deal with locally to be expending funds on a long, long shot.  But vocal/moral support or otherwise acknowledging the effort would probably go just as far.

Anyway, just a thought.  I've said since the beginning, when little Susie Homemaker hears "legal machine guns for all" she'd vote hell no!  But of course, she doesn't realize they are already legal, they are just rich men's toys.  How will this effort get around that perception is way beyond me, but it's certainly not something I'm opposing just because I think it's a long shot to work.

Hope that makes sense.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Subguns can suck my ass.

View Quote

Pretty much my thoughts. Just like the ass hats at NFATCA who brought 41P down on us.

I'm as skeptical as anyone, but I still kicked in a few bucks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Subguns is no NFATCA.

It's an oft-repeated myth that current machine gun owners "want to protect their investment." I own several machine guns, and I can tell you that being able to get more is higher on my priorities than protecting my so-called "investment." Every machine gun owner that I know feels the same way. Nobody "invests" in machine guns -- although some may say that that's what they're doing, in order to mollify their spouses. People buy machine guns because they like machine guns (for whatever reasons), and the fewer barriers to such acquisitions, the better.

The chance of this lawsuit succeeding is not slim -- it's nil. So say the well-versed and experienced lawyers that post on Subguns, The High Road, etc. Arfcom is the outlier in this, and I'm afraid it's been taken over by wishful thinking. Unfortunately, there are one or two lawyers that think they can make a bunch of money catering to this wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Subguns can suck my ass.

View Quote

correct
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the VCDL has bigger fish to fry than to mess with that in any meaningful way.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
VCDL is supposed to focus it's energies on VA. We have national groups to deal with national issues.
View Quote

My thoughts as well. I'd really like to see VCDL tackle shall sign legislation for CLEO signoff on NFA forms.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd really like to see VCDL tackle shall sign legislation for CLEO signoff on NFA forms.
View Quote

Yes, and it's also time for the legislature to revisit the issue of state police registration of MG's, and the whole Virginia "Uniform Machine Gun Act." Registration is just a nuisance, and duplicates federal registration, while the Uniform Machine Gun Act is a relic of the 1930's, is confusing and poorly drafted, and is full of traps for the unwary. To give the legislature some credit, it did at least change the registration from an annual requirement to a one-time thing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top