Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2014 7:14:53 PM EDT
Yay.

I guess I'll go and ask him his position on securing the border and illegal immigration (hint for those of you considering voting for him - he supports open borders and says that we should "welcome immigrants of all skill levels").  Hopefully no VCDL members fall for his nonsense.

Not that I'm all that excited about Ed Gillespie....but we need to get Warner out of there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
In my absence, please give him one helluva super atomic wedgy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell him to FU from me. I left the North to get away from mealy-mouthed cock gobbler politicians like him.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask him how much the dems are paying him this time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:30:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This....He a Dem shill.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Can you ask that LINO fuck him how a libertarian can support a carbon tax and advocate for the central government placing tracking devices in personal automobiles?

K, thanks.

As for "getting Warner out of there," he's in for life.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tell him FU from me. I left the North to get away from mealy-mouthed cock gobbler gun grabbing paycheck stealing politicians like him.
View Quote

Add me to this pile, slightly modified quote.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I see it's still easier to rag on Sarvis (not a fan of him at all), while conveniently forgetting the Republicans aren't able to field an electable candidate....
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll just be honest, I don't know anything about this guy.  And I assume you're talking about the VCDL Annandale meeting on the 23rd?  I've never been to a meeting, I should probably go to one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I see it's still easier to rag on Sarvis (not a fan of him at all), while conveniently forgetting the Republicans aren't able to field an electable candidate....
View Quote

As I said above, I'm not a huge Ed Gillespie fan, but by most standards of "electability", Ed Gillespie is about as "electable" as you can get.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#12]
fuck sarvis
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tell him to FU from me. I left the North to get away from mealy-mouthed cock gobbler politicians like him.
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#14]
You mean Sarvis, the I lost as a Republican so I took my ball and went home, came back as a Libertarian, lost and f'ed the Old Dominion while doing it, now I'm back a second time as a Libertarian to do it again?  That Sarvis?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You mean Sarvis, the I lost as a Republican so I took my ball and went home, came back as a Libertarian, lost and f'ed the Old Dominion while doing it, now I'm back a second time as a Libertarian to do it again?  That Sarvis?
View Quote

That's the one.  Let's make sure no one on our side falls for that nonsense a second time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yay.

I guess I'll go and ask him his position on securing the border and illegal immigration (hint for those of you considering voting for him - he supports open borders and says that we should "welcome immigrants of all skill levels").  Hopefully no VCDL members fall for his nonsense.

Not that I'm all that excited about Ed Gillespie....but we need to get Warner out of there.
View Quote

The idiots posting on the VCDL Facebook page are falling over themselves for Sarvis because he's the only one who sent in the vcdl's survey. Like thas the only thing that matters, sure its important but there's a lot more at stake. Not that it matters as Warner will safely win.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
fuck sarvis
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:07:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck sarvis

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The idiots posting on the VCDL Facebook page are falling over themselves for Sarvis because he's the only one who sent in the vcdl's survey. Like thas the only thing that matters, sure its important but there's a lot more at stake. Not that it matters as Warner will safely win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay.

Although I recognize that there are both positive and negative aspects to this, one of the reasons I think that tyranny is steadily winning out over liberty is that those who favor tyranny are willing to vote for stealth candidates who they know will vote for tyranny but don't wear it on their sleeve.  We are not willing to vote for people who we believe will vote our way but aren't willing to advertise it during the campaign.

Note that I am not saying that Gillespie would be another Ted Cruz - I recognize he is a milquetoast Chamber of Commerce-type Republican.  But I do think he would vote more our way than Warner.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
...came back as a Libertarian, lost and f'ed the Old Dominion while doing it...
View Quote

Your math skills when it comes to the last gubenatorial election fail. Sarvis didn't get enough votes to swing the election had all those votes gone to Cooch the Papist.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
...the only one who sent in the vcdl's survey. Like thas the only thing that matters, sure its important but there's a lot more at stake. Not that it matters as Warner will safely win.
View Quote

And anything other than those questions are supposed to be outside the scope of the mission of VCDL. When you hear a PAC say they couldn't endorse a candidate because they thought someone else would win, it's time to start spending your support money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Your math skills when it comes to the last gubenatorial election fail. Sarvis didn't get enough votes to swing the election had all those votes gone to Cooch the Papist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He absolutely got enough votes to swing the election; 145,000 votes in an election won by 55,000.  The debate is which regions he drew more from the D or the R.  Honestly it's the over blown crap, kinda like what you are doing that gave us the worst possible outcome.  Live and learn......or not
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:58:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He absolutely got enough votes to swing the election; 145,000 votes in an election won by 55,000.  The debate is which regions he drew more from the D or the R.  Honestly it's the over blown crap, kinda like what you are doing that gave us the worst possible outcome.  Live and learn......or not
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are assuming that all or even half of his votes would have went to Cuccinelli.

Fact is, more Republican voters stayed home in this race than turned out in the last one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You are assuming that all or even half of his votes would have went to Cuccinelli.

Fact is, more Republican voters stayed home in this race than turned out in the last one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, when the Repub machine doesn't even stand by their guy why will their lap dogs?  I was responding to the hypothetical statement above, which is simply wrong and silly to call out another member on.  Furthermore, that lil dig at Cuch, even a year later shows why we get our butts kicked in elections.  We should be more  disappointed in the Republic Machine then Cuch, but hey that war on women crap is what some want to believe.  So it's Cuch's fault and the Republicans will do better next time
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck sarvis

^this...
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Is anyone going to this meeting?

EDIT:  Why is this post showing as invisible?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay.

Yeah... given his past, I'm pretty sure he's they type who will say anything someone wanted to hear just to get an endorsement.  So desperate to be elected to something.  Anything.  Just elected.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

What do you mean invisible?  Did you accidentally ignore yourself?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yeah... given his past, I'm pretty sure he's they type who will say anything someone wanted to hear just to get an endorsement. So desperate to be elected to something.  Anything.  Just elected.
View Quote

DING DING DING!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, who knows. I saw I replied but didn't see my reply!  Long night.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't blame Sarvis. I blame the tools that voted for him or didn't even vote at all.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I haven't studied up on Gillespie yet. Figure he's the only shot at getting warner out so I'll be voting for him regardless. Anyone have a quick rundown for me?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#33]
So now that Warner is tainted with the Puckett corruption investigation will the state propaganda agencies pin him to the cross over it like they did to Cooch and Bob?

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So now that Warner is tainted with the Puckett corruption investigation will the state propaganda agencies pin him to the cross over it like they did to Cooch and Bob?

View Quote

You mean the not trying to hide their liberal bias media rake Warner over the coals?  Hold your breath....

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I haven't studied up on Gillespie yet. Figure he's the only shot at getting warner out so I'll be voting for him regardless. Anyone have a quick rundown for me?
View Quote

I will be voting for him, just to vote against Warner.  But who in the blue fuck in the VA GOP decided that someone with his baggage (Enron) would be the ideal candidate to go after Warner?

I'm of the opinion that a primary rather than a convention might weed out some of the more obvious GOP miscues.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I will be voting for him, just to vote against Warner.  But who in the blue fuck in the VA GOP decided that someone with his baggage (Enron) would be the ideal candidate to go after Warner?

I'm of the opinion that a primary rather than a convention might weed out some of the more obvious GOP miscues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  Something that is over a decade ago is still relevant and where is the trail that ties him directly to doing evil things for Enron?  He worked for a company that worked for a shitty company.  

Yeah it is an albatross.....

There are other reasons to dislike him but Enron is the democrats throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.  Really don't see it working very good.  how many people actually remember who or what enron was.  I would wager not many with the attention span of our citizenry.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Really?  Something that is over a decade ago is still relevant and where is the trail that ties him directly to doing evil things for Enron?  He worked for a company that worked for a shitty company.  

There are other reasons to dislike him but Enron is the democrats throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.  Really don't see it working very good.  how many people actually remember who or what enron was.  I would wager not many with the attention span of our citizenry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In conversations with other people in this area, the Enron thing IS sticking.  And, it should have been known to be a probable sore point prior to his being the nominee.  Furthermore, most people over the age of 30 will know about and remember Enron.  That's a large percentage of potential voters.  Financially, it was a big event that was kept in the news a long time.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Yeah I'm 24 and somewhat remember enron being in the news a bunch but I didn't pay attention to what was going on in the world then. The news used to bore me to tears now it just raises my blood pressure...
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay.

Maybe hubby & I need to go.  I heard all that crap last year, when I stumped for Cucc (I'm a libertarian).  I had to fight that at each door I knocked on.  Pissed me off how ignorant people were about Sarvis & his big gov't schtick.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I agree, when the Repub machine doesn't even stand by their guy why will their lap dogs?  I was responding to the hypothetical statement above, which is simply wrong and silly to call out another member on.  Furthermore, that lil dig at Cuch, even a year later shows why we get our butts kicked in elections.  We should be more  disappointed in the Republic Machine then Cuch, but hey that war on women crap is what some want to believe.  So it's Cuch's fault and the Republicans will do better next time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, like when Bob Bolling came out in support of McAuliffe?  How are we supposed to get the base out to vote when even the Rs are acting like spoiled children (I'll just pick the other team, then) or monarchy (I'm next in line)?  

We have heard for YEARS that we need to come together for the RINOs running, but the RINOs don't do it for more conservative Rs.  F* that, I may vote for RINOs here & there, but good luck getting me out when I'm being bullied.  Why should I?  Cucc was a great candidate, and he got SCREWED.  Yeah, that fosters a lot of warm fuzzies among the base.

And I'm not even a Republican or religious conservative, but I certainly see the base's point here.  If Rs have to come together, then it's All or Nothing, people.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Maybe hubby & I need to go.  I heard all that crap last year, when I stumped for Cucc (I'm a libertarian).  I had to fight that at each door I knocked on.  Pissed me off how ignorant people were about Sarvis & his big gov't schtick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay.

If you guys go let me know. I'm going and have never been. It will be nice to say hi to someone.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes, like when Bob Bolling came out in support of McAuliffe?  How are we supposed to get the base out to vote when even the Rs are acting like spoiled children (I'll just pick the other team, then) or monarchy (I'm next in line)?  

We have heard for YEARS that we need to come together for the RINOs running, but the RINOs don't do it for more conservative Rs.  F* that, I may vote for RINOs here & there, but good luck getting me out when I'm being bullied.  Why should I?  Cucc was a great candidate, and he got SCREWED.  Yeah, that fosters a lot of warm fuzzies among the base.

And I'm not even a Republican or religious conservative, but I certainly see the base's point here.  If Rs have to come together, then it's All or Nothing, people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly, I feel us independents are inherently more Republican in values then the Republican establishment.  This Cuch was a bad selection posting crap needs to actually be explained or just stop.  The governor loss was clearly on the Republican Party abandoning someone who didn't tote the RINO line.  Sarvis supporters are just largely uniformed people trying to break away from the failing 2 party system, but blind to the better candidate.  It should be clear Sarvis is not Libertarian.  The VCDL is being professional to entertain any politician that will discuss the 2A, but seeing this reinvigorated Sarvis love reminds me that even a fool can own a gun.  May we one day step away from life's distractions and begin to understand what we vote for.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Sadly, I feel us independents are inherently more Republican in values then the Republican establishment.  This Cuch was a bad selection posting crap needs to actually be explained or just stop.  The governor loss was clearly on the Republican Party abandoning someone who didn't tote the RINO line.  Sarvis supporters are just largely uniformed people trying to break away from the failing 2 party system, but blind to the better candidate.  It should be clear Sarvis is not Libertarian.  The VCDL is being professional to entertain any politician that will discuss the 2A, but seeing this reinvigorated Sarvis love reminds me that even a fool can own a gun.  May we one day step away from life's distractions and begin to understand what we vote for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you guys go let me know. I'm going and have never been. It will be nice to say hi to someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay.

I'll be there - tall white guy in a tie with an HK on the left hand side.

For those who don't normally go, I highly recommend it.  It's an informative time, and, if nothing else, it's nice to know that you're not alone out there in your views (particularly in this part of the state).

Also can't emphasize enough the need to mark your calendars to attend LOBBY DAY, on Martin Luther King Day down in Richmond.  We have normally enjoyed a huge numbers advantage over the antis, but there was no ignoring the fact that last year they brought a lot of people.  Perhaps not as many as us, but it was closer than normal.  For the R's in deep red parts of the state and the D's in deep blue parts of the state, the numbers that show up on Lobby Day probably don't make much difference in how they vote on legislation.  But for R's holding on to seats in purple parts of the state (and the one or two D's holding onto seats in purple parts of the state), the numbers of people that show up on Lobby Day can make a difference.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

For those who don't normally go, I highly recommend it.  It's an informative time, and, if nothing else, it's nice to know that you're not alone out there in your views (particularly in this part of the state).

Also can't emphasize enough the need to mark your calendars to attend LOBBY DAY, on Martin Luther King Day down in Richmond.  We have normally enjoyed a huge numbers advantage over the antis, but there was no ignoring the fact that last year they brought a lot of people.  Perhaps not as many as us, but it was closer than normal.  For the R's in deep red parts of the state and the D's in deep blue parts of the state, the numbers that show up on Lobby Day probably don't make much difference in how they vote on legislation.  But for R's holding on to seats in purple parts of the state (and the one or two D's holding onto seats in purple parts of the state), the numbers of people that show up on Lobby Day can make a difference.
View Quote

Not too accustomed to getting close enough to a guy OC'ing to examine his gun.  Just doesn't seem like it will end well for me.  

And I bet if I approach any tall white guys (I'm 5'8" - everyones tall) and I say "liberty for all?" they will all probably say "fuck yea!".

But I'll give it a shot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Just saw a post on a Facebook gun trading group where someone asked if Gilespie was pro gun. One of the comments was a Savis supporter. While i think Sarvis will have very little impact (Warner is a prick who has his seat for life) it's sad to see people who think he is a real libertarian.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
it's sad to see people who think he is a real libertarian.
View Quote

well said
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay.

Hubby said he's not going to the Sarvis thing this Thursday, but we've gone to LOBBY DAY the last two years. PLEASE CONSIDER ATTENDING. It's more important than ever!!!

Hubby believes my carjacking story about my BIL with our state senator single-handedly stopped certain anti legislation getting through 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Did anybody go to the meeting? What did the LINO douche have to say for himself?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did anybody go to the meeting? What did the LINO douche have to say for himself?
View Quote

I didn't even bother asking him any questions - he did enough damage to himself with his talk.  He is one of the most genuinely unlikeable people I have ever met.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top