Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2014 11:51:49 AM EDT
I normally shoot at the Blacksburg range in the National Forest when I have time to go.  Yesterday, I took the day off to take my brother-in-law (who is visiting) and my dad.  When I got there, the gate was closed and there was a sign saying closed Monday through Thursday for construction starting July 21st.  There was nothing about this on the VDGIF site that I could find.  So we drove another hour to get to the Potts slope range.  Luckily, it was open.  I talked to a man there who said he was told the Blacksburg construction project was going to take about 4 weeks.  I guess they missed that deadline.  Anyway, I just thought I'd give anyone who gos there and hasn't been there in a while a heads up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for the info!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a shot of the construction from last weekend. And of my sexy self.

This photo was taken for a friend.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the additional information.  Looks like they'll now have the whole line covered now.  Nice tactical Gatorade btw.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the additional information.  Looks like they'll now have the whole line covered now.  Nice tactical Gatorade btw.
View Quote

That's just how I operate.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks a lot like the Wythe county range, but it seems to me the overhang in Wythe county is deeper.  The benches they will put in are nice, too.  Are they going to do work to the firing zone and backstops?  In Wythe county they regraded everything and rebuilt the berms.  Nice job and thanks to the Dept. for getting it done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top