View Quote

I like you, we think alike.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hoping for a rough one, myself.
View Quote

Me too!

Got me a Toro snowblower that I'm dying to try out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of winter, anyone have plans or parts to build a waste oil furnace for shop/garage space?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Winter is horrible - if we're speaking of cold and snow.  I miss TX every year I've been here during the winter.  I prefer one season - hot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll take a really cold winter if it means we can finally kill off some of the bugs.  We need a long period of below freezing weather and freeze the little bastards....

That said, F' winter.  Keep the weather just like today... 82*, sunny and low humidity!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't necessarily mind the snow, we had plenty where I grew up. It's the idiots who go into full panic mode whenever they even mention snow in the forecast that piss me off. Don't these idiots keep any food in the house? If they cancelled school as often as they do down here, we wouldn't have had a summer vacation.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

models are calling for a 2009, 2010 repeat... it could get real ugly...

Quoted:
Winter is horrible - if we're speaking of cold and snow.  I miss TX every year I've been here during the winter.  I prefer one season - hot.
View Quote

right there with ya brutha... winter should be about 2 weeks in the 30's...lol
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Winter?  I moved from upstate MI in part to get away from it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll take a really cold winter if it means we can finally kill off some of the bugs.  We need a long period of below freezing weather and freeze the little bastards....
View Quote

I second that...
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I hear its going to be a cold one.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I second that...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I second that...

They just hibernate and then come back out when it warms up and bite your ass when you're not expecting it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Me and my garage full of AWD vehicles miss the snow. We haven't have a solid snowfall in central VA in at least 4 years.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Bring it. More $ because the tards cant drive to come in.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#16]
The school system in our county added 10 min. to the last two months of the school year last year to try to make up for missed days.  They kept it going this year from the beginning.  I think they are expecting a bad winter.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I fucking hate winter, cold, dark, suck
View Quote

Me too, it bums me the hell out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I predicted last winter was going to be rough after having such a mild summer. This summer was pretty much the same.  

Not looking forward to this winter.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I fucking hate winter, cold, dark, suck
View Quote

Same here!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I come from SC !! nuff said  !!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Farmer's Almanac says this one is gonna be worse than last year.

Pepper your angus, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Whether warmer or cooler when compared to the recorded averages (during the cosmic blink-of-an-eye since measurements have been made and kept)  ... it will shrilly be proclaimed as 'proof' of mankind-caused global cooling .... errr, global warming ... errr  ... climate change.  Yeah ... That's the ticket.  Climate change!  Mankind is bad! Mankind causes climate change!

Beginning in the early 70s, greentards and their allies in the  press alarmed about mankind-caused Global Cooling. And then the cooling trend stopped.

By the mid-to-late 1990s, the boogeyman had become Global Warming.

Now because the warming trend has stopped, the boogeyman is Climate Change.

Archaeology and paleontology yields strong evidence of periodic warming and cooling trend throughout the 'record' these sciences consider. More modern history is no different, and is ignored every bit as much by the greentards, such as the example cited below:

An extraordinary climatic shock, the "Great Frost" struck Ireland and the rest of Europe between December 1739 and September 1741, after a decade of relatively mild winters. Its cause remains unknown. Charting its course sharply illuminates the connectivity between climate change and famine, epidemic disease, economies, energy sources, and politics.[1]

Though no barometric or temperature readings for Ireland (population in 1740 of 2.4 million people) survive from the Great Frost, there are a scattered few surviving records from Englishmen who were in the habit of using the mercury thermometer invented 25 years earlier by the German pioneer Fahrenheit. Indoor values during January 1740 were as low as 10 °F (-12 °C).[1] The one outdoor reading that has survived was stated as "thirty-two degrees of frost", not including the wind chill factor, which was severe. This kind of weather was "quite outside the Irish experience,” notes David Dickson, author of Arctic Ireland: The Extraordinary Story of the Great Frost and Forgotten Famine of 1740–41.[1]

During the ramp up to the crisis in January 1740, the winds and terrible cold intensified, yet barely any snow fell. Ireland was locked into a stable and vast high-pressure system which affected most of Europe, from Scandinavia and Russia to northern Italy, in a broadly similar way. Rivers, lakes, and waterfalls froze and fish died in these first weeks of the Great Frost. People tried to avoid hypothermia without using up winter fuel reserves in a matter of days. People who lived in the country were probably better off than city dwellers, because the former lived in cabins that lay against turf stacks, while the latter, especially the poor, dwelt in freezing basements and garrets.

Coal dealers and shippers during normal times ferried coal from Cumbria and south Wales to east and south-coast ports in Ireland, but the ice-bound quays and frozen coal yards temporarily froze trade. When in late January 1740 the traffic across the Irish Sea resumed, retail prices for coal soared. Desperate people then stripped bare hedges, fine trees, and nurseries around Dublin to obtain substitute fuel. Also affected by the Frost were the pre-industrial town mill-wheels, which froze. Water powered the machinery which ground wheat for the bakers, tucked cloth for the weavers, pulped rags for the printers. As a result, the abrupt weather change disrupted craft employment and food processing.
View Quote

And the greentards still want America to revert to the nirvana that existed prior to the industrial revolution, instead of, for example, fighting polluters which arguably have greater global impact than modern-day America could have in a decade... like the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China). Sheesh!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Meh, I got my wood in....Bring it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too, but I still have some winter preps I need to do.

ETA: Moving a wood pile is the least rewarding most annoying home owner tasks I've done yet. There's no payoff, no sense of accomplishment, just a big fucking pile of wood that used to be over there is now over here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Just added 700 gallons of propane. House is designed to run electric until it isn't efficient then switches to propane. I'm from CT so, I enjoy the snow and the relaxation.

ETA: Snow lover owns p2
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm hoping it won't be too bad, we are considered mission essential personnel where I work and we work 12 hour shifts.  So while most people had last winter off, we were still working. 12 hour shift, plus driving in bad conditions does not make for a good combination.

Zach
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Being a relocated Yankee, I too look forward to some snow.  Hoping for Snowpocalypse II!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I enjoyed driving over snow piles last year, hoping for a repeat.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That said, F' winter.  Keep the weather just like today... 82*, sunny and low humidity!!!
View Quote

I always wonder how the bugs were really bad in upstate NY? and other cold area's
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I hope it shuts down the east coast like in 2010.  I'll be warm inside laughing at all my neighbors because my propane back up generator will be powering my house, and I'll get the chance to put a slight dent on the rations we keep in our basements.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I think its going to be a weak winter.  Last year in the 757 was a good winter that brought us a mild summer.  So I'm expecting this winter to be warm and the next summer to be blazing hot.  YMMV
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:00:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I think its going to be a weak winter.  Last year in the 757 was a good winter that brought us a mild summer.  So I'm expecting this winter to be warm and the next summer to be blazing hot.  YMMV
View Quote
Hope your right! Winter sucks.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

ETA: Moving a wood pile is the least rewarding most annoying home owner tasks I've done yet. There's no payoff, no sense of accomplishment, just a big fucking pile of wood that used to be over there is now over here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread must have been good luck. A friend called and said his Aunt (who was moving) had some firewood in a shed she needed to get rid of. I went there and Lo and Behold there was near a cord of seasoned oak!

Stacked and covered now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This thread must have been good luck. A friend called and said his Aunt (who was moving) had some firewood in a shed she needed to get rid of. I went there and Lo and Behold there was near a cord of seasoned oak!

Stacked and covered now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stacked and covered now.

You owe me
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I bought a new truck so I am anxious for some snow. Gotta test it out!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm hoping for mild winters until my procrastination finally wears off and I get a wood stove installed in the basement. Electric bill was ridiculous last year and we only keep the thermostat at 68 during the winter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top