Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2014 8:21:26 AM EDT

Transcript: Voicemail from McAuliffe’s chief of staff

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/transcript-voicemail-from-mcauliffes-chief-of-staff/2014/10/02/cece3fee-4a81-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html

October 2 at 8:42 PM

The following is the transcript of a voicemail that Paul Reagan, Gov. Terry McAuliffe’s chief of staff, left on Democrat Phillip A. Puckett’s cell phone in the days leading up to Puckett’s resignation from the state Senate in June:

“Hey Senator. This is Paul Reagan again. I just wanted to bounce one idea off you. I know there was a lot of frustration with your daughter, not, you know, getting a judgeship or something. if there’s something that we can do for her, I mean, you know, we have a couple of big agencies here that we still need agency heads. We could potentially, potentially, subject to approval of the governor and so forth, you know, the department of mines, minerals and energy could be available. So we would be very eager to accommodate her, if, if that would be helpful in keeping you in the senate. We, we would basically do anything. We just need you really, we need you for the rest of your term and beyond, but in the immediate future, we need you to help us get this Medicaid deal through and I think we’ve got a way to do it. So anyway, please let’s keep all this confidential. Call me 703-850-----. Thank you sir. Bye.”

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh, American Idol/Survivor/NFL is on.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#2]
They're now claiming he wasn't Chief of Staff, he was "acting on his own" as an independent contractor.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're now claiming he wasn't Chief of Staff, he was "acting on his own" as an independent contractor.
View Quote

OK.

Bring charges against "independent contractor" and offer reduced sentence if he will testify about the details of coordination with McAuliffe.

...chance that will happen?

[error, divide by zero]

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Find me a high level politician that isn't.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
What really made my stomach cringe for a sec was knowing no Libs will see a problem with it - or at least corruption is in both parties.  They will still rant about Repubs.

How can people be so stupid?  Are they really stupid?  Or just evil?  Or stubborn when proven wrong?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
WAR ON WOMEN!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Politicians and back door deals to help each other out? Coming up next on Netflix's House of Cards.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I am holding my breath waiting for the department of justice to start investigating.  Any minute now it will be on cnn.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am holding my breath waiting for the department of justice to start investigating.  Any minute now it will be on cnn.
View Quote

Yep!! LOL!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:27:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Most of us who didnt vote for him (or him by proxy) already knew he was corrupt. I'll be surprised if he finishes his term.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Meh, those types of goings on are as old as Virginia politics.....Even pre-Revolution.

The difference was it was done FTF. Appointed agency heads are seldom the best person for the job.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Most of us who didnt vote for him (or him by proxy) already knew he was corrupt. I'll be surprised if he finishes his term.
View Quote

He will finish his term I doubt anyone will remove a corrupt Democrat. Republican, yes, the media would destroy him. D, no.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:10:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Which one of the two below Attorney Generals do you expect to prosecute?

http://www.impactony.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Eric-Holder.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f452c56480fa88a68da7e46aa4b271134387e172/c=17-0-4175-3116&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2014/01/23/1390472427000-AP-VA-Attorney-General.jpg

Quoted:

Yea point taken.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#16]
meh, in 2 more years, Billary will have a cabinet position for him anyway.  we all knew this.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
meh, in 2 more years, Billary will have a cabinet position for him anyway.  we all knew this.
View Quote

True, but it truly scares me as to the piece of shit Va will elect after him. Mcaullife has all the makings to be far worse than even little Timmay.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Transcript: Voicemail from McAuliffe’s chief of staff

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/transcript-voicemail-from-mcauliffes-chief-of-staff/2014/10/02/cece3fee-4a81-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html

October 2 at 8:42 PM

The following is the transcript of a voicemail that Paul Reagan, Gov. Terry McAuliffe’s chief of staff, left on Democrat Phillip A. Puckett’s cell phone in the days leading up to Puckett’s resignation from the state Senate in June:

“Hey Senator. This is Paul Reagan again. I just wanted to bounce one idea off you. I know there was a lot of frustration with your daughter, not, you know, getting a judgeship or something. if there’s something that we can do for her, I mean, you know, we have a couple of big agencies here that we still need agency heads. We could potentially, potentially, subject to approval of the governor and so forth, you know, the department of mines, minerals and energy could be available. So we would be very eager to accommodate her, if, if that would be helpful in keeping you in the senate. We, we would basically do anything. We just need you really, we need you for the rest of your term and beyond, but in the immediate future, we need you to help us get this Medicaid deal through and I think we’ve got a way to do it. So anyway, please let’s keep all this confidential. Call me 703-850-----. Thank you sir. Bye.”

View Quote

LOL............the last Gov should have been charged when he was in office.............lol.........his lawyers got him a deal and got the feds to wait until he left office.............ha ha ha.............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top