Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2014 7:39:37 AM EDT
I am here right now on business, fly out tomorrow, what to do after 4:30pm. Seems the Natl Firearms museum and the A&S Museum are a no-go at that timeframe. Suggestions?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Next door in Herndon there used to be one of those Brazilian steakhouse places, you know where they bring different cuts of meat out on a skewer you tell them what you want and they slice it for you. It's been a few years since I've been there I'm not positive they are still open try Google. There are a lot of other dinner and cocktail options in that area. If you've never been to DC evening time can be a nice time to visit the mall and other attractions. Much less crowded and most of the traffic is flowing out of the city.

Absolutely positively do not take anything firearm related! Not even an empty piece of brass. Draconian does not even begin to explain DC gun laws. Although with a new federal judge ruling things may get better. The vote is still out on that though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on what your interests?  Reston Town Center has plenty of food and places to eat and a movie theater.  Urban setting in the suburbs.  

The Silver Line aka Washington Metro subway has opened up close by, will get you to DC if your interested, as noted before, don't take anything firearm related.

Blue Ridge Arsenal (range and store) - about 30 minutes away depending on traffic, has gun rentals and range open until 9:00.  If you have your own, the NRA range is open until 10:00.

ETA:  Suppose to rain, but the Nationals baseball team plays the Mets tonight, it is reachable via the subway.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Grab a bite to eat at Ted's Bulletin restaurant.  It's in Reston Town Center.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure miss Angelo's and Maxie's steakhouse.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish he left us an AR.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sure miss Angelo's and Maxie's steakhouse.

View Quote

Me too, bro.  Me too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top