Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 9:56:33 PM EDT
19 October Update!

I'm joining forces with Arsenal Attorneys to present a full day of classroom/role playing training on 15 November in Chantilly at the Staybridge Suites.  

Essentials of Self Defense Law/Street Encounter Skills Seminar

Know Your Rights. Know the System.

Arsenal Attorneys, represented by a defense attorney and a former prosecutor, will explain what gun owners should know about their rights to protect themselves. The course will first present the law of self-defense using actual court cases. Students will then apply the law to real-life scenarios to determine when self-defense is justified. Finally, the class will explore the criminal justice system to understand how self-defense claims are handled by law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, and jurors.

Saturday November 15, 2014

9am – 12pm at the Staybridge Suites, 3860 Centerview Drive Chantilly (0845 showtime, please!)

Tuition: $150 per student
Register at Arsenal Attorneys

This class will be followed by my Street Encounter Skills presentation. This course involves a 4 hour interactive, multi-media lecture illustrating the indicators of criminal pre-assault behavior, the physiological impact of stress  in self-defense situations and ballistic performance.  The course culminates with highly supervised “force on force” scenarios to reinforce and exercise the defensive principles of awareness, avoidance, deterrence, de-escalation and transition to decisive action.

1300-1700

Tuition:  $75.00

Register at FPF Training

</a>" />

Also, my 2015 schedule is up!  Note that Tom Givens is coming back in May, Kathy Jackson in October and Greg Elifrtiz will be in Culpeper three times next year.

See you on the range!

John

1 Nov--Concealed Carry:  Foundation Skills
 2 Nov--Concealed Carry:  Street Encounter Skills
 8 Nov--Advanced Concealed Carry Tactics (Day One)
 9 Nov--Advanced Concealed Carry Tactics (Day Two)
22 Nov--Concealed Carry:  Street Encounter Skills

Concealed Carry:  Foundation Skills
This ten hour class is intended for near novice and experienced shooters alike seeking to acquire the basic skills required for carrying and employing a concealed handgun in self-defense. The class will consist of an extensive read ahead email, multi-media classroom presentation and subsequent defensive marksmanship application emphasizing safety, manipulation (load, unload, reload, reduce malfunctions, perform a concealed draw stroke), practical marksmanship and the legal considerations of employing deadly force.  (Includes a copy of “The Law of Self Defense” by Andrew Branca. www.lawofselfdefense.com.)
Cost:  $175   Time 0800-1800  200 rounds NOT INCLUDED

Concealed Carry:  Street Encounter Skills
During this ten hour course, students will concentrate on practical application exercises transitioning and foundation skills into a realistic context and live fire environment. The principles of de-escalation, verbalization and decisive movement will be exercised along with practice in the judicious use of lethal force.  This course also includes a 4 hour interactive, multi-media lecture illustrating the indicators of criminal pre-assault behavior, the physiological impact of stress  in self-defense situations and ballistic performance.  The course culminates with highly supervised “force on force” scenarios to reinforce and exercise the defensive principles of awareness, avoidance, deterrence, de-escalation and transition to decisive action.
Cost:  $150  Time 0800-1800, 200 rounds required  

The Active Response "Extreme Close Quarters Gunfighting" course is full.  I'm accepting names for the wait list (currently three deep.)
There are 10 seats open in the "Collapse Medicine" course.  This is REALLY the class you should be taking!  0900-1600 on Sunday, 19 October.)

Email [email protected] for details or to register.

See you on the range!

John

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Thumbs up for John, I trust him enough that I sent my wife to his class, and recommended it to my sisters-in-law
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Update in OP bump!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for hosting that Close Quarters Pistol course this weekend, Ellifritz knew his stuff.  Picked up some new skills and refreshed some old ones.  I hope he comes back with that extended version in the future --
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for hosting that Close Quarters Pistol course this weekend, Ellifritz knew his stuff.  Picked up some new skills and refreshed some old ones.  I hope he comes back with that extended version in the future --
View Quote

I think we're going to have to drive to Ohio to get that other course.  I am hosting him three times next year, though.  Knives for CCW/Collapse Medicine in April to start.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Gotta throw this one a bump.

Rather than take another shooting course, or blast another case of ammo down range, I think it would be a good idea to take a hard look at the legal ramifications of self defense and gain a few skills to avoid the circumstance all together.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to bump the thread, but good call, will definitely try to carve out the time if there are slots left.  Arsenal did my NFA trust and immediately responded to all my idiot questions many, many months after I got it.  Got a VCDL discount as well - good people.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]
One week out bump!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top