Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 8:03:54 AM EDT
Anybody else going? Wife and I will be there tomorrow morning for a while. I missed the last couple of times so I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
nope, broke and trying to buy a house. money is tied up in that for now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:49:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I got my P09 at the last one and so far have only been able to shoot it one trip.  I bought a pound of TAC at the last Richmond Gun Show and have not yet got around to starting some load development work with it.

In other words, I'll be skipping this one.  Once I get some TAC loads figured out I'll be looking for an 8 lb. jug of that, but till then I can't think of anything I really need (the want part is what gets me in trouble, but if I don't go, I don't see something I want).
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to the show this morning. It wasn't too crowded around 9. I think this will be the last show I go to for a while. People still selling 22LR at outrageous prices, even though supply is picking up and it's readily available weekly. Every dealer was selling 223/556 55gr ball ammo for $8-$12/box when it's available online for $325/k shipped ($6/box).

The thing that sent me over the top was my interaction with the guys at Widow Maker Arms. A friend of mine asked to look for an SWR Specwar suppressor mount. Widow Maker Arms was one of the few Class III dealers at the show. My conversation goes like this:

Me: Excuse me, I'm looking for a Silencerco or SWR suppressor mount. Do you have any here at the show?
Widow Maker 1: I don't know what your talking about. Do you mean an adapter?
Me: No. I need the muzzle device that the suppressor mounts to.
Widow Maker 1: (Pulls out an AAC 51t mount) We have these.
Me: Well, that's an Advance Armament mount. that won't work with the Specwar suppressor. I need one from Silencerco or SWR

This is where Widow Maker 2 steps in....

Widow Maker 2: How does it thread?
Me: It needs to be 1/2 by 28.
Widow Maker 2: (Pulls out another AAC mount) Here ya go.
Me: Well, that is 1/2 by 28, but it's an Advance Armament mount.
Widow Maker 2: All of these quick detach suppressor mounts are standard. AAC, Yankee Hill, Silencerco....they are all compatible.
Me: So, you're telling me, I can mount an AAC suppressor to a Yankee Hill mount and vise versa??!!
Widow Maker 2: Yeah, (looks at Widow Maker 1) we do it all the time.
Me: How long have you guys been in business? It doesn't work like that. AAC uses a 18t, 51t, or 91t ratchet mount and Yankee Hill uses a total different QD system.
Widow Maker 2: (Turns to Widow Maker 1) Do we have a Yankee Hill Suppressor here? I can show you how the AAC mount and YHM suppressor work together.
Widow Maker 1: (Returns after a short time) No, I can't seem find one
Me: Alright guys, thanks anyway

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top