Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2014 4:16:10 PM EDT
Former Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife were found guilty on corruption charges. While I'm sure they are valid its appalling how the FBI still refuses to investigate the IRS.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/former-va-governor-wife-found-guilty-on-multiple-counts-of-corruption/
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck.

Fuck Obama and his corrupt DOJ.  I hope Eric Holder steps down an empty elevator shaft.

It's time to take the gloves off.  Fucking pussy republicans.  Impeach, indict, charge, stack the courts, I don't give a fuck anymore.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah. They were fucking corrupt alright.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't matter what Country what political flavor Rich folks want to get richer without all the boring legal stuff.

Political office just makes it easy!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck.

Fuck Obama and his corrupt DOJ.  I hope Eric Holder steps down an empty elevator shaft.

It's time to take the gloves off.  Fucking pussy republicans.  Impeach, indict, charge, stack the courts, I don't give a fuck anymore.
View Quote

Really?   So corrupt politicians are ok as long as they are republicans?  
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck.

Oh please.  You really think taking a watch warrants this type of witch hunt versus the shit liberals do?!?  Give me a break.

Wow.  Get your head out of the sand.  There is mass corruption going on, this was an assassination of a potential republican presidential candidate by a corrupt and politically driven DOJ.

If Bob M is guilty of corruption then half of fucking congress needs to be in jail.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh please.  You really think taking a watch warrants this type of witch hunt versus the shit liberals do?!?  Give me a break.

Wow.  Get your head out of the sand.  There is mass corruption going on, this was an assassination of a potential republican presidential candidate by a corrupt and politically driven DOJ.

If Bob M is guilty of corruption then half of fucking congress needs to be in jail.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck.

Sounds like a plan to me.   Sorry if I think that the people we elect should at least try and not steal from the tax payers or use their influence to make themselves rich.  

I hope Bob and Maureen enjoy their stay in club fed.   It is well deserved.  

Oh forgot i should list them out just off the top of my head here.

Several "loans" or gifts (whatever is convenient at the time to call them) of tens of thousands of dollars.
Clothes, shopping sprees etc -  several more tens of thousands of dollars.
Vacations, rides in the Ferrari, flights for the kids!   $$$$$$$
Oh lets not forget letting the kids clean out the fridge in the tax payer supplied mansion every weekend.   We will throw that one in for free guess.

Yep fine and upstanding man.    
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sounds like a plan to me.   Sorry if I think that the people we elect should at least try and not steal from the tax payers or use their influence to make themselves rich.  

Several "loans" or gifts (whatever is convenient at the time to call them) of tens of thousands of dollars.
Oh lets not forget letting the kids clean out the fridge in the tax payer supplied mansion every weekend.   We will throw that one in for free guess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck.

Wow .  I think you might find liberal based forums more in line with your views......

As a conservative this reeks of injustice, and for you to take such a vigorous stance makes me question your views.

I have noticed a lot of "liberals with guns" on this site.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wow .  I think you might find liberal based forums more in line with your views......

As a conservative this reeks of injustice, and for you to take such a vigorous stance makes me question your views.

View Quote

I am FAR from a liberal with a gun - but I don't have much problem with this prosecution. The FBI charges politicians with corruption on a daily basis in this country - primarily state/local types. We don't get nearly enough of them, but we get some. For every one that gets charged, ten are smart enough to get away with it, or at least defer the compensation until AFTER they leave office. These folks were just dumb.

-shooter
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck.

Had to quote that one.   Don't think i have ever been called a liberal.  I sure hope the party does not find out and boot me out.  

I am a conservative. You sir are a republican.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Sorry for the liberal comment if you aren't but you don't think Bob M was a real conservative?  Why do you think they went after him?  You don't see the problem here? But I bet you were a big Romney fan......

BTW I hate the GOP and proudly voted Cantor's ass out of office, but I guess you probably liked him.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sorry for the liberal comment if you aren't but you don't think Bob M was a real conservative?  Why do you think they went after him?  You don't see the problem here? But I bet you were a big Romney fan......

BTW I hate the GOP and proudly voted Cantor's ass out of office, but I guess you probably liked him.

View Quote

Nah Romney just a skinnier Chris Christie.   I am not on Eric's Christmas card list either.  I think he was probably upset by the big yellow signs we put up about him.  I am sure he did not care for the wives and my donations to David Bratt's campaign either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nah Romney just a skinnier Chris Christie.   I am not on Eric's Christmas card list either.  I think he was probably upset by the big yellow signs we put up about him.  I am sure he did not care for the wives and my donations to David Bratt's campaign either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay well my apologies for the harsh words, I'm just a bit pissed right now.  Let me be more objective.  We have a corrupt system right now in which many politicians, mainly democrats, are allowed to regularly engage in corruption and get away with it because either the Dems are in power, or the republicans are in power but are too big of pussies to do anything about it.  But when the Dems are in charge of the DOJ and see a threat, they move forward with the crucifixion.  Look at Texas.  It's fucking bullshit, and it isn't justice.  Maybe Bob M did do something wrong and maybe he was dumb about it but he has served this country his entire life and was a good gov for VA.  If I was on the jury I would have gone "not guilty" out of principle.  Damn the evidence because the system is fucked.  There is no justice in a guilty verdict when all the other dirty shitbags get away with it because their buddy is running the DOJ.  Jury nullification all the way.  Bob M doesn't rank anywhere close to the top of the shitbag list.  And fuck the FBI for being pawns and giving up their values and principles to keep their boss happy and get their promotion or pension.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Every year since 1994 when I got my first real job I have had to answer an ethics survey.  If I did the stuff Bob did I would have been fired after answering question 1.  Too many of these folks have never had that real job.

As was said above most politicians are smart enough to defer the "quo" in quid pro quo" until after they leave office.  I think Bob was a good Governor, but have no sympathy.  Hope he doesn't spend too much time in jail only because I have to pay for that.

I do agree that there seems to be some politically motivated prosecutions (Texas with Perry and the feds in Wisconsin with Walker) but if you aspire to be a governor you can't be overtly greedy.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Every year since 1994 when I got my first real job I have had to answer an ethics survey.  If I did the stuff Bob did I would have been fired after answering question 1.  Too many of these folks have never had that real job.

As was said above most politicians are smart enough to defer the "quo" in quid pro quo" until after they leave office.  I think Bob was a good Governor, but have no sympathy.  Hope he doesn't spend too much time in jail only because I have to pay for that.

I do agree that there seems to be some politically motivated prosecutions (Texas with Perry and the feds in Wisconsin with Walker) but if you aspire to be a governor you can't be overtly greedy.  

View Quote

Dude, he was LtCol in the Army.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, dude, he should have payed more attention to the "honor" part of that commitment.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well, dude, he should have payed more attention to the "honor" part of that commitment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you guys to ahead and cheer having Bob M's head on a stick.  I won't.  Eric Holder approves this thread.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like the justice system working..shouldn't matter what party the man's from. He was charged and found guilty by a jury of his peers. Not to say there aren't plenty of liberals that need to be put on trial like holder but If he was liberal everyone here would be cheering their heads off. If the the mcdonnell's had kept their noses clean it would be a non-issue, simple as that.

Corrupt politician charged with his crimes and found guilty by a jury of his peers..let me go dust off the tiny violin .
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well you guys to ahead and cheer having Bob M's head on a stick.  I won't.  Eric Holder approves this thread.
View Quote

I didn't want Bob M's head on a stick, he chose to put it there...  A man adheres to principles regardless of how much it hurts or he's just full of s**t.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fuck.

Fuck Obama and his corrupt DOJ. I hope Eric Holder steps down an empty elevator shaft.

View Quote

We do agree on this!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck.

View Quote

Wow, that's some seriously deranged bullshit right there. Are you some sort of leftist? Because shifting blame is their m.o.

You know who is to blame for this? Bob McDonnell.

He's smart enough that he should have known that as a Republican and more importantly as a conservative, that everything he did would be under the microscope and that any hint of corruption or impropriety would be broadcast to the world and used as a weapon against him and every other conservative.

Nobody forced McDonnell to accept illegal gifts and shady loans.

Nobody forced McDonnell to ignore his original legal team. Nobody forced him to refuse the original plea deal and find a wacky new legal team to push "crazy wife" as a defense.

And in the process of all of McDonnell's stupidity? His bullshit ended up taking out Cooch and propelling McAuliffe's race AKA the Hillary 2016 preparatory campaign.

Fuck McDonnell and fuck anybody that defends his asinine behavior.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:39:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wow, that's some seriously deranged bullshit right there. Are you some sort of leftist? Because shifting blame is their m.o.

He's smart enough that he should have known that as a Republican and more importantly as a conservative, that everything he did would be under the microscope and that any hint of corruption or impropriety would be broadcast to the world and used as a weapon against him and every other conservative.

Nobody forced McDonnell to ignore his original legal team. Nobody forced him to refuse the original plea deal and find a wacky new legal team to push "crazy wife" as a defense.

And in the process of all of McDonnell's stupidity? His bullshit ended up taking out Cooch and propelling McAuliffe's race AKA the Hillary 2016 preparatory campaign.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck.

Agree with this.  I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for McDonnell.  But I do think that it highlights how selective the application of justice is under Eric Holder's "Justice" dept.  How is it that McDonnell gets prosecuted for accepting gifts (with no actual proof that he provided any favors or influence in return for those gifts), but no one is prosecuted for Fast and Furious, IRS scandal, Solyndra, New Black Panther voter intimidation, or any of the multitudes of other scandals involving Democrats violating state and federal laws?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck.

View Quote

View Quote

Agree with this.  I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for McDonnell.  But I do think that it highlights how selective the application of justice is under Eric Holder's "Justice" dept.  How is it that McDonnell gets prosecuted for accepting gifts (with no actual proof that he provided any favors or influence in return for those gifts), but no one is prosecuted for Fast and Furious, IRS scandal, Solyndra, New Black Panther voter intimidation, or any of the multitudes of other scandals involving Democrats violating state and federal laws?
View Quote

"You know who is to blame for this? Bob McDonnell.

He's smart enough that he should have known that as a Republican and more importantly as a conservative, that everything he did would be under the microscope and that any hint of corruption or impropriety would be broadcast to the world and used as a weapon against him and every other conservative."

This.

Yes, the DOJ is a joke and one sided. Our Government is fucked, and the media is complicit with covering up the current administration scandals.

I don't see things changing either, our country is in a serious moral decline.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:19:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Bob McDonnell.....Guilty as charged.

His Old Lady.......Guilty as charged.

I suspect they will do better on appeal but better that couple was taken out of the political game now than when they hit the national stage. Hell Bob McDonnell could not even rein-in his Old Lady as Governor so I damn sure would not want him to be a Senator or better. We have enough dishonorable clowns in DC as it is.

What Bob McDonnell did was without honor. It's as simple as that folks. The DOJ did not put McDonnell in that position....Bob McDonnell did.

Now there is no doubt in my mind he was went after by the DOJ for purely political reasons but he should have not made himself such a easy target in the first place. A self-inflicted wound if  ever saw one.

Bob McDonnell has brought shame upon our great state.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck.

+1 Well said

BTW, I donated to Bob's campaign and early on in his tenure he disappointed me and kept doing so.  The sweetheart deal with the High Occupancy Tolls (HOT) lanes and Transurban is just one of them.  Reap what you sow, Mofo.

PS. Let me give you guys a little insight into VA politics, Yes, Ken C was a little too right leaning with his reproductive rights issues but the real reason he lost the election is that he pissed off the real estate developers in VA.They turned off the money spigot and he couldn't outspend Terry McAwful. There's a reason why NOVA looks the way it does with its unorganized sprawl, the real estate developers buy off the politicians personally and then the municipalities benefit from the increased property tax revenue.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Something something lie down with dogs.

I don't have any sympathy for the man himself, but I don't like the way .Gov built their case.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#27]
lets remember this case didn't come to light from a democrat witch hunt, it came to light when the chef was investigated for stealing food from the mansion. then we found out our taxes were going towards the catering for good old Bobs Kids parties, and the house of cards started to fall.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bob McDonnell.....Guilty as charged.

His Old Lady.......Guilty as charged.

I suspect they will do better on appeal but better that couple was taken out of the political game now than when they hit the national stage. Hell Bob McDonnell could not even rein-in his Old Lady as Governor so I damn sure would not want him to be a Senator or better. We have enough dishonorable clowns in DC as it is.

What Bob McDonnell did was without honor. It's as simple as that folks. The DOJ did not put McDonnell in that position....Bob McDonnell did.

Now there is no doubt in my mind he was went after by the DOJ for purely political reasons but he should have not made himself such a easy target in the first place. A self-inflicted wound if  ever saw one.

Bob McDonnell has brought shame upon our great state.

View Quote

I came in here to ask if he was dirty or there was a witch hunt.  I am not surprised that the answer is all of the above.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I have no sympathy, really. The only issue I see is that he did nothing that most politicians havent done for ever. Its how business is done. The DOJ may want to go back to DC and start with the lobbyists and special interest groups that are sucking Congress' collective dicks to get things their way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#30]
No sympathy here.

His / his wife's actions were not ethical, nor were they legal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I've read all the posts here and see both sides of most opinions... so why does this look like The Hunger Games in some sort of twisted way???
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Good, bad or otherwise..........The MoBo convictions......do one thing.......They undermine public trust and faith we have in our politicians..........

He should have taken the deal the Feds offered him............Trust and believe.......if the Feds ever come to me with 14 felonies........and offer a deal.........Im gonna take a deal........
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#33]
His wife seems to be channeling Imelda Marcos.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Where was the quid-pro-quo? McDonnell accepted gifts and such, sure, but what did he do in return? Im not so sure he was any more dirty than every other politician in the world. And while you all are cheering that a man who did a good job as Gov goes to jail what about obama? He has done stuff that is so blatantly illegal that they are indefensible, yet he keeps on getting away with it. What about Terry Mac? He was shady before he even ran for Gov!

Im hoping he has better luck on the appeal.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where was the quid-pro-quo? McDonnell accepted gifts and such, sure, but what did he do in return? Im not so sure he was any more dirty than every other politician in the world. And while you all are cheering that a man who did a good job as Gov goes to jail what about obama? He has done stuff that is so blatantly illegal that they are indefensible, yet he keeps on getting away with it. What about Terry Mac? He was shady before he even ran for Gov!

View Quote

imprison every one of them, and I will cheer every time
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree, and this is why I was surprised at the verdict.  What McDonnell and his buddies did was sleazy and wrong, but did not create a conspiracy, but then a jury can decide for themselves.  The laws on "gifts" to familiy members should be changed to make this actually illegal, since it is not considered a campaign contribution today for reporting purposes.  Political sleaziness all around, and I really can't feel sorry for anybody involved...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top