Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 1:14:55 PM EDT
Just picked up a used bow and want to make some changes to it, particularly a new peep.

I called a large shop just south of Winchester on 81 and they wanted $25 to intall a peep plus the cost of the peep.

Is that a crazy price and are there other options in the area?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Shenandoah Sporting Goods in Tom's Brook is a good place for bow stuff. They have a good selection of firearms as well.
Don't know how much they would charge to install a new peep but I do know it will be installed correctly to your satisfaction.
I avoid the "large shop" off I-81 for any bow work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I was talking about Shenandoah S.G. They definitley seem like the place to go and will give it a shot.

Gander would probably charge $100

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have bought two bows from Shenandoah. They know bows. $25 bucks doesn't sound too awfully bad. They'll probably tune it up a bit for you as well.
You are correct about Gander and it would probably be all jacked up any way.
I like supporting smaller places that do things right even if I have to spend a little more.
There is also a place up near Inwood WV.  I wanna say right next to Vally Guns. You can see it from 81.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used Middle Creek Archery in Inwood and have always been satisfied with them and their prices.  I have also used the archery guy at Ace Hardware in Stephens City.  He is from an archery shop in West Virginia and knows his stuff as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Thnaks for the info. I think I'll give Shenandoah a shot this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:05:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Jefferson Archery in MD is a nice shop.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used Middle Creek Archery in Inwood and have always been satisfied with them and their prices.  ll.
View Quote

Another vote for these guys.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jefferson Archery in MD is a nice shop.
View Quote

+1 to Jefferson Archery and also Hoffman Archery.  I was shopping for bows this past weekend and visited both shops, although they're probably a bit of a hike from Winchester.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Miller hardware in Stephens city does a lot of archery stuff.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#10]
$25 is high but he has over head.

His gun prices are fair though.  I always stop in there on one of my annual trips to Winchester.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got a new bow from the guys at Miller's hardware. These guys are awesome. Also stopped by Shenandoah which seems like a nice shop too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top