Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 3:05:17 PM EDT
I'll be looking for some rifle powder still.  Might run by Green Tops after the shot to see if they've got any that'll work.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#1]
ill be there both days trying to sell  my restored MAK 90 .
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I am still looking for AA1680 so i will probably go in the morning.   Still need some stuff to finish my 300 BO build so i will look for that too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used a little bit of 1680 for reloading for my .300 BO.  Haven't worked through the first 1 lb. can yet.  It seemed to function fine.

I guess if I found another can I'd buy it, but I'm still experimenting.  H110 wasn't so good.  I tried another AA powder (don't remember the number, but while it functioned, it didn't give me the accuracy of the 1680.

Good luck finding some, if you do, I might.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll be looking for some rifle powder still.  Might run by Green Tops after the shot to see if they've got any that'll work.
View Quote

Might try Hopkins at 8151 Mechanicsville Turnpike Mechanicsville, VA 23111.  Cant say for sure if they sell powder or not but it is a nice shop.  They are related to the original owners of Green Top but cant recall in what fashion exactly.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Might try Hopkins at 8151 Mechanicsville Turnpike Mechanicsville, VA 23111.  Cant say for sure if they sell powder or not but it is a nice shop.  They are related to the original owners of Green Top but cant recall in what fashion exactly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been told they are the original owners of GreenTop.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.hopkinshuntfish.com/
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, got 1 lb. of TAC to try with the M1A and some 150 grain FMJ.  Saw a big can but I want to see how it does first.

Didn't have a lot of time to look around as we didn't get up there till just after 3 PM.

Did see quite a bit more powder than the previous show.

I think there was some pretty good prices on some of the ammo.  I saw .357 magnum ammo for about $20 a box if you bought a thousand round case.  Somewhat less for .40 S&W in case lots.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I went to this one today.  It was the first show I had been to in a couple of years.  It is a pretty big show now with two buildings.  Ammo prices were pretty good, unless you wanted .22lr.  The AR market is flooded with overpriced rifles.  Quantico Tactical had some REALLY good prices on brand new XD pistols.  That said, $10 to get into the show was stupid.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I went to this one today. It was the first show I had been to in a couple of years. It is a pretty big show now with two buildings. Ammo prices were pretty good, unless you wanted .22lr. The AR market is flooded with overpriced rifles. Quantico Tactical had some REALLY good prices on brand new XD pistols. That said, $10 to get into the show was stupid.
View Quote

It was something like $7 10 years ago... At least there's plenty of free parking.

It was pretty much a 'standard' modern Racetrack show. The crowds have thinned to the normal seasonal numbers, which is generally low in August.  The low temps meant the BO factor was a lot lower than normal.  No A1680, I can tell you that much. One dude was selling Fiocchi 115gr 9mm for $12 a box, and I've got a hungry Uzi to feed. I found an older stainless Beretta 92 mag (quite uncommon) as well, so it was a successful show for me.

In the 9:00 line, we also go to listen to two Ferrari's and a Lambo doing a cone course in an adjacent parking lot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:57:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It was something like $7 10 years ago... At least there's plenty of free parking.

It was pretty much a 'standard' modern Racetrack show. The crowds have thinned to the normal seasonal numbers, which is generally low in August.  The low temps meant the BO factor was a lot lower than normal.  No A1680, I can tell you that much. One dude was selling Fiocchi 115gr 9mm for $12 a box, and I've got a hungry Uzi to feed. I found an older stainless Beretta 92 mag (quite uncommon) as well, so it was a successful show for me.

In the 9:00 line, we also go to listen to two Ferrari's and a Lambo doing a cone course in an adjacent parking lot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to this one today. It was the first show I had been to in a couple of years. It is a pretty big show now with two buildings. Ammo prices were pretty good, unless you wanted .22lr. The AR market is flooded with overpriced rifles. Quantico Tactical had some REALLY good prices on brand new XD pistols. That said, $10 to get into the show was stupid.

it's called autocross
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:49:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

it's called autocross

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's called autocross

It is the
automotive world’s version of "Full Auto”!

Suck down as
much High Octane Gas as fast as you can and get nowhere (except you get a BIG
Smile on your face when you are done):

Shoot as
many rounds of ammo as fast as you can and get very few direct hits on target (except
you get a BIG Smile on your face when you are done):

Same Results
– Different Hobby

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:17:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

it's called autocross

View Quote

It must have a looser definition than I thought.

Someone in the line said they went over to check it out, and it was a 'drivers experience' thing.  $100 and you get 3 laps of the course in any one of the 3 cars they had.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:14:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Someone in the line said they went over to check it out, and it was a 'drivers experience' thing.  $100 and you get 3 laps of the course in any one of the 3 cars they had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's called autocross

yeah that was a somewhat chickenshit example of autox but they do have legit events in that lot often

I'll never forget one time after a show I saw someone burn it up over there in a volvo station wagon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top