Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2014 3:56:39 PM EDT
Have seen several of his signs on 460 around Lynchburg. Sucks that asshole has his seat for life.

My only hope is someone can hand Timay his ass. He sucks infinitely worse than Warner.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
with NOVA being what it is they both have their seats for as long as they want them ....    I also believe Va is  permanently a blue state ...
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
They are popping up around Spotsylvania and Caroline. He will be there until he retires.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:37:56 AM EDT
[#3]
So Gillespie has no chance in hell?

Who would have guessed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
with NOVA being what it is they both have their seats for as long as they want them ....    I also believe Va is  permanently a blue state ...
View Quote

Barring a miracle i beleive Va is now blue on the national level. Statewide we will remain purple for awhile longer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Barring a miracle I believe VA is now blue on the national level. Statewide we will remain purple for awhile longer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
with NOVA being what it is they both have their seats for as long as they want them ....    I also believe VA is  permanently a blue state ...

Barring a miracle I believe VA is now blue on the national level. Statewide we will remain purple for awhile longer.

true . until they assimilate a few more county's. which shouldn't  take more then a few  years ....
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Barring a miracle i beleive Va is now blue on the national level. Statewide we will remain purple for awhile longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that is why 8 of 11 congressional districts are red territory and the House of delegates has the biggest majority of Republicans ever and they now control the state Senate.

The state is pretty damn red outside of the major population centers.  If the VAGOP got its collective dick of it's hand and got behind solid conservative candidates instead of supporting country club republicans and then pissing on those conservatives when they beat the country club set we could take back the Senate seats.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah that is why 8 of 11 congressional districts are red territory and the House of delegates has the biggest majority of Republicans ever and they now control the state Senate.

The state is pretty damn red outside of the major population centers.  If the VAGOP got its collective dick of it's hand and got behind solid conservative candidates instead of supporting country club republicans and then pissing on those conservatives when they beat the country club set we could take back the Senate seats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself. The only reason why is because of the republicans getting creative with how the districts are drawn up.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself. The only reason why is because of the republicans getting creative with how the districts are drawn up.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what?  I guess we have to play all fair and that right?  I mean the democrats plat fair and do the right thing all the time don't they?

I'm in it to win.  I don't care how it is done.  Same thing for a fight.  If I fight, I fight to win even if the means picking up a frying pan to knock the brains out of the guy attacking me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#9]
It's Warner's seat for as long as he wants it.

As long as the Virginia GOP keeps fielding has-beens there will be no other result.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
saw this stupid sign on the way to work today, granted i was driving through McLean
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Just remember the political truism that "signs don't vote."
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's Warner's seat for as long as he wants it.

As long as the Virginia GOP keeps fielding has-beens there will be no other result.

View Quote

The VA GOP's problem is similar to the problem that the Republican party faces nationwide.  They can't win young voters and single women until they stop trying to ban gay marriage and trying to ban all abortions.  And they can't win a good chunk of older white Christians unless they fight hard to ban gay marriage and ban all abortions.  So they can almost never find a candidate who can win an actual majority of the vote.

Make no mistake, if it survives another 40 years or so, the Republican party will have no official opposition to gay marriage, and a much softened stance on abortion.  The question is whether we can survive that long.  I live in NoVA and know dozens of people who are economically conservative and have no problems with guns - but they will NEVER vote for a Republican who tells them that their gay friends are evil or that they shouldn't have access to certain forms of birth control.

This is not a criticism of those of you who are Christians or who oppose gay marriage or abortion - just a statement of political reality.  Ignore it at your own peril.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:58:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Agree with all above.  The Republicans need to be the Pro middle class let's a get to work and build better life and opportunity.  Their unrelenting focus on just Obama care robs them of time to build a hopeful vision and strategy of what they will do to help me realize my American dream.  I am not a job creator, at least not a significant one, but that is my perception of who they want to serve.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top