Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2014 5:31:19 AM EDT
Sounds to me like Cantor is a sore looser..

What say the hive ?

Link

RICHMOND, Va. –  U.S. Rep. Eric Cantor tells a Virginia newspaper he will resign his seat in the House of Representatives months earlier than expected.

The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported early Friday that Cantor says he will step down Aug. 18 to make sure constituents have a voice during the "consequential" lame-duck session.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
You know when Terry McAwful says he will miss Cancer, there is something wrong.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know when Terry McAwful says he will miss Cancer, there is something wrong.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Well he is right.  If Brat is elected in a special election on Nov 4th he gets to go to DC immediately giving him seniority over any other newly elected reps that won't take office till January.

I live in the 7th and approve of it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well he is right.  If Brat is elected in a special election on Nov 4th he gets to go to DC immediately giving him seniority over any other newly elected reps that won't take office till January.

View Quote

Does the Governor get to appoint someone in his vacancy?  Since the  Dems did not file paper work in time, does this give them an opportunity put someone in position and now challenge Brat?  I suppose I think Cantor is way too smarmy and snarky to be helpful here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Does the Governor get to appoint someone in his vacancy?  Since the  Dems did not file paper work in time, does this give them an opportunity put someone in position and now challenge Brat?  I suppose I think Cantor is way too smarmy and snarky to be helpful here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Virginia the governor doesn't get to appoint. Only call for a special election.  And Brat already has a dem oponnent who is also a professor at RM too.  The dems got him in on the last day of filing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#7]
There will be two votes in the 7th.   One for David Brat in the general election and one for the appoint of Brat to Cantor's remaining term.   It is a good move for the 7th and VA.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Is Brat still looking good for this election? I would hate to see a leftie slither in to that spot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is Brat still looking good for this election? I would hate to see a leftie slither in to that spot.
View Quote

No public polls to date in the race.

However, Tramell the Dem candidate has even poked his head up yet.  His campaign has been dead silent.  what few comments they have made try to pass him off as a god fearing salt of the earth gentleman farmer.

Instead of the liberal professor who teaches sociology and disability studies that comes from Berea, KY.  A big time liberal boil in KY, even worse than Charlottesville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top