Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:09:16 PM EDT
Fellow ARFCOM Virginians, I need your help!

I recently sold my place in the Hampton Roads area and need to find a temporary apartment in the Richmond area. I work in an office that is located downtown, but I prefer to live outside the city. I don't really like the Chesterfield or Mechanicsville areas. I want to sign a 12-month lease and learn the Richmond area before choosing and buying a home. Any help or insight is very much appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Copper Spring, and some the places along West Broad / Mayland in that area are really nice. Check them out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Copper Spring, and some the places along West Broad / Mayland in that area are really nice. Check them out.
View Quote

I lived around there for a few years about 10 years ago and from that would generally agree.  The only caution I would have is general economic changes around the area.  It seems like a lot of vacant/rundown strip malls are popping up as the newer options open further west.  

You may want to check out Malvern Manor as well if you're going to be working downtown.  Nice neighborhood, some good food/bar options close by (carytown and libbie/grove area) and quick access to the downtown expressway.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The Oaks at Gayton are nice too and in the Short Pump area.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Avoid anything managed by Twohy, though it's mostly in the Fan area and Museum District... Absolute slumlord.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:44:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Far East (Elko, Sandston, Varina) or West (Short Pump, Gayton, Hungry Road, Lakeside, Glenside, Deep Run, Twin Hickory, etc.) Henrico or Bust. Stay around places where you can easily get to 64. If you don't mind a little longer drive, look at West New Kent around Bottom's Bridge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top