Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 6:08:35 AM EDT
A.. YES.  Found this big guy in my garage yesterday . .

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:42:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A.. YES.  Found this big guy in my garage yesterday . .

http://i58.tinypic.com/x1j8k0.jpg
View Quote

Yea, we have some in our area of Hoadly too. They are rare to see but we still are careful. Especially since we have two labs that are great dogs but dumber than a box of hair in some cases.

Oh, and did you kill it with fire? It is the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

" . . Oh, and did you kill it with fire? It is the only way to be sure."

Lol, no, trapped him in a bucket and took him waaay out into the woods and let him go.  Definitely wouldn't release him around any houses.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Lol, no, trapped him in a bucket and took him waaay out into the woods and let him go.  Definitely wouldn't release him around any houses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, they are good for rodent control.

FYI, if you have dogs and they get bit, a good dose of benadryl will help delay the poison until you can get them to the vet but you MUST get them to the vet.

The ASPCA has a chart for size of dog to dose of benadryl. For my 65lb chocolate lab the dose is 50mg. For the 80lb lab we can go up to 75mg (but that is at the high end)
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Life lesson from my dad and granddad: Always watch for snakes. I never assume it's too cold, that there aren't any venomous species, etc. I never ever stick my hand in any kind of hole. Nope!

Also learned if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
He'll yeah, they're all over lake ridge.

I killed 4 last year, one was about the size you posted, chillin on my front steps. Lucky as hell me and the dog both missed that step. Heard something strange then pulled my flashlight and saw him staring back at me. Scared the piss out of me. Neighbor nxt door said she saw one a few weeks ago too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FYI, if you have dogs and they get bit, a good dose of benadryl will help delay the poison until you can get them to the vet but you MUST get them to the vet.

The ASPCA has a chart for size of dog to dose of benadryl. For my 65lb chocolate lab the dose is 50mg. For the 80lb lab we can go up to 75mg (but that is at the high end)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dad's papillon (15lb dog) took a strike directly to the face.  Looked like a bull dog after a couple hours.  He took him to the vet, and they said to just watch him.  "Either he'll make it, or he won't.  There's no such thing as snake anti-venom for dogs".  His place is in Caroline, and he's seen more copperheads in the past couple years than in the past twenty.  This week he killed a large female with 11 young inside her.  I killed one last year at his place that had 9.  The strange thing is I haven't seen many black snakes around.  They usually do a pretty good job keeping the Copperhead numbers low, and eating the rodents too.  We need more black snakes around here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes. I've run a few copperhead bites in the Prince lately.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#8]
jealous... havent seen a hot in PWC in quite some time
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:10:13 AM EDT
[#9]

(Not in Lake Ridge)

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Yup, killed a few juvenile ones in the yard over by the stadium
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top