Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2014 12:11:00 PM EDT
It has been 1 year, 7 months, 1 day, 4 hours, and 32 minutes since I have seen a brick of .22lr anywhere (aside from $60 bricks at gun shows).   I went to Sportsmans Warehouse today on my way to run errands just to see if they got any powder in.  I rounded the ammo aisle after picking out some Nosler bullets, and I caught something out of the corner of my eye.  It was a shelf with 10 bricks of Federal .22lr on it.  I know I must have stood there staring at it for 45 seconds...hoping it wasn't an illusion.  I reached out and touched a box just to make sure.  I looked to my left, then to my right.  There were no neckbeards throwing elbows, no lines of housewives on their phones telling their friends to get there now...nothing.  I grabbed my one box limit and sneaked my way through the clothing department all while watching over my shoulder to make sure no one was about to tackle me.  

I had half a mind to change clothes in my truck and walk back in to get another box...but that would make me no better that the fuckwad neckbeards....so I left.  

Well...that was my excitement for the year.  I sure hope this is a sign that the fucking neckbeards are getting tired of it...
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait... there were bricks of Federal at Sportsman's? When I arrived, there were about a dozen bricks of Remington Thunderbolt left, did the same song and dance you described and left with my 500 rounds. What a glorious day indeed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully we are at a turning point. I miss the days of taking for granted that I could just pick up a brick at pretty much any time.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait... there were bricks of Federal at Sportsman's? When I arrived, there were about a dozen bricks of Remington Thunderbolt left, did the same song and dance you described and left with my 500 rounds. What a glorious day indeed.
View Quote

What time were you there?  I got there around 1pm.  

They are probably putting them out in batches throughout the day.  

I used to work with a guy that worked there part-time.  He quit the job where I work probably 6 weeks ago...so I don't have any insight anymore.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:08:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Were you at the one in Roanoke? I was there yesterday and didnt see it, at 2:00pm.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I used to work with a guy that worked there part-time.  He quit the job where I work probably 6 weeks ago...so I don't have any insight anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was the price per Brick?  
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#6]
It was $24.99 per 500 round brick of Remington thunderbolt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a brick this morning at Dick's. I couldn't believe it either. Winchester white box 45, 40, and 9 was also in stock at Walmart.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Same thing happened to me today at Sportsmans around 11:30am. I walked past the ammo several times until I saw a group of 5-6 people at the end of the isle. 7 525rnd boxes of Federal Champion. I got the last box. There were 6 500rnd boxes of Thunderbolt on the shelf when I left.

ETA: $24.99 for the 525rnd Federal box and 500rnd Remington box.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Same thing happened to me today at Sportsmans around 11:30am. I walked past the ammo several times until I saw a group of 5-6 people at the end of the isle. 7 525rnd boxes of Federal Champion. I got the last box. There were 6 500rnd boxes of Thunderbolt on the shelf when I left.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a584/GudOlBoy1/imagejpg1_zpsbcf7528f.jpg
You're just jelly

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#11]
They got 22lr twice in one week? Things must be getting better!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Dick's had 20% off ammo (except .22lr) this weekend. A 100 rd 9mm WWB was $24. No bad, even for Dick's....

And they had .22lr
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Sportsman's had more yesterday.  CCI stingers and standard velocity in the 50rd boxes ($4.99).  I grabbed my share, which left about a dozen SV's and 8 or so boxes of the stingers.  
One neckbeard saw them after me and got as giddy as a 4 year old at Chuck-E-Cheese's.  Then, a typical middle-aged housewife was on her cell phone describing the boxes of ammo to someone and picking through them...

As I was leaving work last night (early this morning), I stopped at WalMart to get some birthday supplies and gifts, so I figured I'd stop by the ammo counter to see what they had.  The guy stocking back there, who looked like a manager or supervisor, said they had plenty of .22, but it wouldn't be checked in and available until 7am.  

The sign of ammo returning is getting stronger...for now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top