Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2014 4:05:29 PM EDT
Who's all in the Roanoke area? Anyone want to meet up for some shooting at a range sometime soon?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I work in Roanoke, but live in Lynchburg; does that count?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Checking in, would enjoy a range get together.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
We used to do an NRV meetup in Blacksburg. I'm in Christiansburg and would be down for an area get together.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe a Saturday at one of the national forest ranges?

Any other ideas for a meeting place?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Depending on the turnout I can talk to the shooting committee at my local private club to see if we could have a closed range/semi private session.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Another 'Noker here. Definitely down for a range day
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Depending on the turnout I can talk to the shooting committee at my local private club to see if we could have a closed range session.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on the turnout I can talk to the shooting committee at my local private club to see if we could have a closed range session.  

I'll get with the rest of the shooting committee and see if I can arrange something.  All those in the NRV area that are interested post in here so I can an idea of numbers to expect. Also guys just a heads up we do IDPA match monthly too. IM me for info.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Floyd County here and count me in.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#9]
in the area.  I don't know if I can make it to a meet up but keep us updated.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in the area.  Mostly just shoot in my backyard, but might be interested in a shoot at some point.

We just moved in and every weekend has been spent doing housework or travelling.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm here.  

I work nights, so I probably won't be able to make a range trip though....
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Any word on this guys? I'd be all over a meetup if we could have one.

Maybe even a meet a a local brewery or something like that. I'd offer some shooting at my personal range, but its under construction and only 25yrds long.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm right outside Vinton and I'd be in depending on the date. I've been slammed here lately but looking for that to lighten up soon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually visited family there yesterday.  Got a sub at the New Yorker.   I've never been shooting in the Noke
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Oops.  Double tap. Damn phone !!

I actually visited family there yesterday.  Got a sub at the New Yorker.   I've never been shooting in the Noke
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I would enjoy a brewery get together, or dinner. Otherwise maybe a sporting clay / trap shoot at Summit Springs in Ferrum?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Any word on this guys? I'd be all over a meetup if we could have one.

Maybe even a meet a a local brewery or something like that. I'd offer some shooting at my personal range, but its under construction and only 25yrds long.
View Quote
CtSmshr is on the shooting committee at our range. There's a club shoot tomorrow evening and I'm sure he'll plant a seed with the pres or at least someone who can make it happen.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'll get with the rest of the shooting committee and see if I can arrange something.  All those in the NRV area that are interested post in here so I can an idea of numbers to expect. Also guys just a heads up we do IDPA match monthly too. IM me for info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So ling as I'm off, count me in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Glenvar area here. Keep me in the loop, I am always up for socializing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:48:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm a long time member of RRRC, as well as a current board member and one of the membership committee chairs.
I would be happy to take a prospective member on a tour of our facilities and answer any questions you might have. Applications are on site and once filled out I can add you to our monthly membership committee session.
If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Please note, our facility is private and gated. While most weekend matches are open to the public, non members are only allowed to shoot the match unless accompanied by a member in good standing. We have Range Monitors, as well as surveillance in place to discourage trespassing,. Violators will be locked in until the Sheriff arrives, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm a long time member of RRRC, as well as a current board member and one of the membership committee chairs.
I would be happy to take a prospective member on a tour of our facilities and answer any questions you might have. Applications are on site and once filled out I can add you to our monthly membership committee session.

Please note, our facility is private and gated. While most weekend matches are open to the public, non members are only allowed to shoot the match unless accompanied by a member in good standing. We have Range Monitors, as well as surveillance in place to discourage trespassing,. Violators will be locked in until the Sheriff arrives, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
View Quote

You coulda left off that whole last little paragraph...
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not sure where you're going with this, but why not tell everyone about the 10mph speed limit too? The rules you've explained are discussed during the shooters meeting before every match so let's keep this on topic please.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

This doesn't quite fit into the spirit of the thread now does it?

I've seen this attitude before at RRRC (unless you're a cowboy shooter of course).
I shot IDPA for a few years up there(as a member) and never saw much support from the range,even though it brought in more shooters than anything else.
That's why I let my membership expire.

Okay, off the soap box. I live right here in town and would love a meet up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We used to do an NRV meetup in Blacksburg. I'm in Christiansburg and would be down for an area get together.
View Quote

I'm in B'burg! Must have been before my time here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#25]
It's been about 3 years since we last met up there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was back in 2009.  I think the link to it is in the Important Threads at the top of the VAHTF group. I started it and I failed to keep it going.    Life and stuff.

Are you a member at Shawnee or IWLA?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It was back in 2009.  I think the link to it is in the Important Threads at the top of the VAHTF group. I started it and I failed to keep it going.    Life and stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was 2011. I moved here in the last part of December 2010 and it was after that. It was you, me, kabar3, wingsnthings, and maybe 2 more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#28]
How about just meeting up at the Potts slope shooting range one Saturday? If we had someone willing to take us to their membership range thats cool, but not necessary.

I'd also say that if we cant all meet up to shoot, lets meet at a local brewery or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense meant to anyone fellas. I have taken several of the members from this forum out for a range trip and was simply offering to do it for anyone else who might be interested, since you guys were discussing a get together. As far as the last paragraph, we have stepped up security over the course of the past year and I was merely trying to help any potential visitors avoid any misunderstandings.
Happy shooting to all!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Luvthemtorts has taken the time to invite me to and show me around the RRRC for an afternoon of shooting, and could not have been more courteous and friendly. Gave me plenty of time to get my rifle sighted in and I had a great time there. It truly is a fantastic range with lots of options for all shooters. I would be a member if I had more time to shoot to make it worth it.

I'd be down for a meet up or for some range time somewhere. I work most weekends, but can make arrangements to be off with some advance notice. Sounds like a hell of a good time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
No offense meant to anyone fellas. I have taken several of the members from this forum out for a range trip and was simply offering to do it for anyone else who might be interested, since you guys were discussing a get together. As far as the last paragraph, we have stepped up security over the course of the past year and I was merely trying to help any potential visitors avoid any misunderstandings.

Happy shooting to all!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Happy shooting to all!
When I read your post I was thinking this has to be a mistake (since you edited your post to add that snippet) or at least it's coming off the wrong way. To me it sounded like, "don't go unless you are a member or a guest of a member or you'll be videotaped, locked in, and arrested." I've never had an issue while attending the public shoots and the staff do remind everyone that a public shoot day does not equal a free pass day. I think everyone here knows RRRC is a private club and your comment simply came off wrong.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#32]
In C'burg as well....I'd be interested in a meet-up if we got one organized.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Bump for this, anyone want to do a meetup anytime in the next month or so? Perhaps at one of the local breweries after work or a Saturday at the range.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I just found out I live 5 doors over from another guy here.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:46:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Just moved here from upstate NY last month, we are liking it so far.  Everyone is really friendly and the cost of living seems a lot more agreeable.  Finally attended a gun show that wasn't a complete waste of time!  :D
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#36]
<-------

SW Roanoke here.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
<-------

SW Roanoke here.

View Quote

Same here. Small world
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#38]
SW County or Historic SW?

South Roanoke here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#39]
SW County here
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#40]
SE County here (Mt. Pleasant area)

Quoted:
Luvthemtorts has taken the time to invite me to and show me around the RRRC for an afternoon of shooting, and could not have been more courteous and friendly. Gave me plenty of time to get my rifle sighted in and I had a great time there. It truly is a fantastic range with lots of options for all shooters. I would be a member if I had more time to shoot to make it worth it.
View Quote

Same here!  As soon as funds allow, I am joining.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm in Lynchburg but go to Roanoke at least every couple of months
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm in Lynchburg every day, all day. I'd be interested in something in Lynchburg or even in Rke if the timing was right.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#43]
L-burg here. Shame we don't have something like the RRRC in Lburg.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just moved here from upstate NY last month, we are liking it so far.  Everyone is really friendly and the cost of living seems a lot more agreeable.  Finally attended a gun show that wasn't a complete waste of time!  :D
View Quote

Where Upstate are you from? I'm originally from Syracuse. Moved here in 2005 and am loving it.

Bonsack here.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
<-------

SW Roanoke here.

View Quote

Hey Caver...been a while since we last went to the range.

Guys...Count me in too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Oh, and Garden City / Roanoke City representing...
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Guys...Count me in too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<-------

SW Roanoke here.

Guys...Count me in too.

Sure has.

Lots of things been happening since I saw you last. Unfortunately, shooting has dropped way down for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Where Upstate are you from? I'm originally from Syracuse. Moved here in 2005 and am loving it.

Bonsack here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bonsack here.

Mid Hudson Valley.  A beautiful area but when all is said and done I am so glad to be out of New York.

So where is a good place to get transfers done?  Seems like everyone wants $50 and/or wont do them on new guns.  Also is there a list of local smiths anywhere?  

Thanks!  See y'all at the range.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Roanoke County here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top