Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2014 6:49:32 PM EDT
Units responding now to Cliff Circle, south of Leesburg.  15 year old caller claiming he shot his mother with an AR-15.  He keeps claiming that someone is coming to harm him.  Claims he may shoot himself.   Using a Skype phone number that was transferred from Leesburg PD.

Could turn out to be bogus "swatting" call.  Still too early to know.

They're going to bring in a SWAT team and requesting the Fairfax helo.  Also going to try to confirm with neighbors if a 15 year old actually live there.

It's quite interesting who owns the house.

2323- Dispatch now on the phone with the mother who says she is completely fine and in the residence.  Sounded fishy as hell from the beginning.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
If the son is pranking, lock him up. Who's laughing now?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the son is pranking, lock him up. Who's laughing now?

View Quote

most likely was not her son but somebody else pranking the family/police. this id what a "swatting" is.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I see. Not hip to the times I guess... :|

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:35:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Vice news has a video on swatting.  I'm on my phone or I'd link it here.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]
What's interesting about who owns the home?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top