Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2014 2:23:51 PM EDT
Any shops in the Tidewater area routinely carry Tavors at a decent price?

I'm in Hampton, so a 1 hour drive radius is cool.  Really want a flat top 18", but I'd be interested in a 16" if the price was very attractive.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Superior Pawn and Gun on Va Beach Blvd had both colors recently.  I haven't been there in the last couple weeks though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Superior Pawn and Gun on Va Beach Blvd had both colors recently.  I haven't been there in the last couple weeks though.
View Quote

Thanks for the lead.  Recall the pricing?

If I were home this weekend I'd just go to the Convention Center, I understand they've been available, if not overwhelming the last few shows.  But, work is going to make me miss a lot of shows over the next few months, so a local shop is what I need.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If Superior in VB has them, then the Hampton location might too. Although I don't recall them stocking much in the way of rifles, I also never look for rifles when I'm there since their prices are astronomical. Give Bob's in Norfolk a call - they always seem to have stuff in stock that you wouldn't expect to see locally.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#4]
PM inbound
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:33:18 AM EDT
[#5]
If you havent found one yet there is a Gun Show at the Hampton Conference Center this weekend.  Someone there will probably have one.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you havent found one yet there is a Gun Show at the Hampton Conference Center this weekend.  Someone there will probably have one.  Good luck!
View Quote

I work offshore, not in town for the show this weekend, mainly trying to get an idea on where to find them when my mid-year bonus comes through.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Gun show prices were 1700 ish.  Superior price for the FDE was 2000...
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any shops in the Tidewater area routinely carry Tavors at a decent price?

I'm in Hampton, so a 1 hour drive radius is cool.  Really want a flat top 18", but I'd be interested in a 16" if the price was very attractive.
View Quote

D&R Arms in Portsmouth had both colors within the past few weeks. Give him a call for price and availability.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the leads fellas.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I am thinking of moving to VA in a couple of years, that is why I am here, please forgive my trolling!  

Do you have any gun shops that will do a transfer at a reasonable rate?  Gunbroker is full of Tavors, why limit yourself to shopping locally?

I am so desperate for a now-banned in CT Tavor, that  I am using a fellow member here's trick of mounting a Marlin model 60 tube fed .22 in an airsoft shell!

Good luck on your search!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am thinking of moving to VA in a couple of years, that is why I am here, please forgive my trolling!  

Do you have any gun shops that will do a transfer at a reasonable rate?  Gunbroker is full of Tavors, why limit yourself to shopping locally?

I am so desperate for a now-banned in CT Tavor, that  I am using a fellow member here's trick of mounting a Marlin model 60 tube fed .22 in an airsoft shell!

View Quote

Transfers are usually around $35, I've seen as low as $25 and as high as $50. I don't know if $35ish is reasonable to you. I Left CT in 2001, and only go back for funerals. The only things I miss are the pizza and Italian food, though for all I know, the places I went to are all gone.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Transfers are usually around $35, I've seen as low as $25 and as high as $50. I don't know if $35ish is reasonable to you. I Left CT in 2001, and only go back for funerals. The only things I miss are the pizza and Italian food, though for all I know, the places I went to are all gone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to hijack the OP's thread, but $35 doesn't seem bad (especially on a transfer of a $1500+ rifle).  Believe it or not, that is about the same price most shops charge here in CT now (with a few being $75 or more).  I spent 02-03 at FT Belvoir, and 05-06 in Charlottesville for the Army.  I should have NEVER come back, but my folks needed me.  Time to move on before I get too old, CT is just an overpriced, Progressive colony now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#13]
FYI, The Marksman in Newport News (near ft eustis) does transfers for $15
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#14]
With my work schedule, I'd rather cash and carry the same day.  It would be my luck that an ordered in rifle just waiting for me to pick up with would get handed around and jacked up between delivery and pickup.

I've had items transferred before, but usually on items more special than a current production popular rifle.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Virginia Firearms @ the Norfolk Airport (south end) does them for $22.00; Colonial Shooting Academy has Tavors as well but IDK pricing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Virginia Firearms @ the Norfolk Airport (south end) does them for $22.00; Colonial Shooting Academy has Tavors as well but IDK pricing.
View Quote

Colonial Shooting Academy prices = MSRP.  Nice place, nice people, high prices.  They cater to a demographic who doesn't care how much something costs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top