Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2014 11:46:00 AM EDT
I live in the Vinton Bedford Co. area. Where is the closest place to take a ccw class so I can get my permit? And how much does it cost? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 3:47:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I live in the Vinton Bedford Co. area. Where is the closest place to take a ccw class so I can get my permit? And how much does it cost? Thanks
View Quote

taking an online course would be the simplest.  That or most areas offer free hunter safety classes which satisfy the requirement for getting your chp.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

taking an online course would be the simplest.  That or most areas offer free hunter safety classes which satisfy the requirement for getting your chp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please take a real class. We need less of this online nonsense and hunter safety crap.

Go to www.nrainstructors.org. You can find an instructor there. Looks like there is a class in Roanoke on 7/19
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. I`ll check out the hunter safety classes. I`m not new to guns, been shooting a loooooong time. I`m always preaching gun safety to others.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Please take a real class. We need less of this online nonsense and hunter safety crap.

Go to www.nrainstructors.org. You can find an instructor there. Looks like there is a class in Roanoke on 7/19
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took the class online
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I took the class online
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took the class online

I did as well.  And so should the op.  We need less of this "real class" elitist nonsense.

People that push for training requirements remind of the ones pushing for background checks on individual firearms transfers.  Taking a "real class" does not automatically make someone more competent. If a person wants to put extra time into training or practicing self defense scenarios they will do it regardless of how they obtained their carry permit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Most gun shows have a class in the morning..

I used my DD214.. I should be able too CC a M60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top