Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2014 2:26:46 PM EDT
I went to the Alamo today to take my wife out to a movie.  I knew in the past that they had a no CCW sign out in front the last time I went a year ago; which didn't bother me, I just went back to the car, changed out my holster and OCed, and no one said a word.  The way I feel about it, if they'd ask me to leave, I'd leave.  It said no CCW, not weapons.  Passive resistance like Rosa Parks sitting on a bus.  Some people are just ignorant, so I forgive them.  But today I noticed the sign was gone.  

Since when was this removed and whom was the group/person that requested it???

Either way, good job at who ever did, and +1 to the owner.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
No sign I've ever noticed and the wife and I go fairly often.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're talking about the one in Winchester, it was pulled only a few months after they put it up. Not sure exactly when or why though.

I did send an email to the VCDL when they first posted it and somebody was going to contact them about it. Don't know if that helped or not. Glad to see it gone though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya it was only up a for a few months just after the Aurora movie shooting. I think I remember a thread on here with some folks including myself sending them emails asking that it be removed. Came back a few months later and it was gone. They earned some points in my book for taking it down.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Never saw one at the Ashburn location - though I've always taken the CONCEALED part of Concealed Carry seriously.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top