Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2014 12:38:53 PM EDT
I'm trying to use an RS Regulate side mount with AKR pic rail top half so I can use a set of modern rings and 30mm optic on my SVD. Unfortunately, the reinforcing rib on the SVD's top cover interferes with the RS Regulate AK-303 mount vertical risers by a few millimeters and they need to be milled down a little at a time until it mates up to the side rail with no contact on the dust cover.

Anyone know of a machine shop in NOVA that would let me come in with the unloaded rifle and mount and work with a machinist to mill down the vertical risers a bit at a time, testing for fit along the way?

Thanks

Eric
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Might want to talk to the 'smiths at Blue Ridge (Jim) or Sterling Arsenal and see if they can help.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
H&S Tactical in Fredericksburg is a manufacture. I stopped by last week to see if they could work up a stock adapter for a project of mine. They don't really do gun sales so the have a very small showroom but, they took me into the work area and we ironed out a plan for my adapter. Cool part since they have an FFL, you can leave them the gun. There website is under construction but the shop number is 540-710-2715. If the don't pick up call Brian Hogeland at 540-907-3607.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:59:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
H&S Tactical in Fredericksburg is a manufacture. I stopped by last week to see if they could work up a stock adapter for a project of mine. They don't really do gun sales so the have a very small showroom but, they took me into the work area and we ironed out a plan for my adapter. Cool part since they have an FFL, you can leave them the gun. There website is under construction but the shop number is 540-710-2715. If the don't pick up call Brian Hogeland at 540-907-3607.
View Quote

Thanks much, I'll give them a call next week.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might want to talk to the 'smiths at Blue Ridge (Jim) or Sterling Arsenal and see if they can help.
View Quote

Can't believe I forgot to email him first. I just had a muzzle device put on by him this past Thursday too, haha.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 3:01:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Can do it. Stop by next week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top