Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2014 3:38:06 PM EDT
I drive across the state a few times a year and every time I'm on 295 headed West/North I see a sign regarding Eric Cantor. This time it reads Cantor Lies. Cantors not my favorite but what's the deal? Is it a Dem or an unhappy Tea Party type?
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Tea party.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds pretty accurate.  Why denigrate?
ETA: perhaps you aren't suggesting those that dislike Cantor are just bitter.  Will you vote Cantor over Bratt?
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ETA: perhaps you aren't suggesting those that dislike Cantor are just bitter.  Will you vote Cantor over Bratt?
View Quote

The primary is in four days and I know very little about Brat...  I saw Cantor at the recent Greek Festival in Richmond and I must admit that I dislike him and for some reason have an instinctive dislike of him, he just rubs me wrong...  Is Brat a decent man?  I'm looking for a fiscal conservative and a person that's compassionate but a conservative on social issues.  I don't give a crap about someone else's opinion on abortion at this point, I have my personal opinion but the topic has been decided by the Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The primary is in four days and I know very little about Brat...  I saw Cantor at the recent Greek Festival in Richmond and I must admit that I dislike him and for some reason have an instinctive dislike of him, he just rubs me wrong...  Is Brat a decent man?  I'm looking for a fiscal conservative and a person that's compassionate but a conservative on social issues.  I don't give a crap about someone else's opinion on abortion at this point, I have my personal opinion but the topic has been decided by the Supreme Court.
View Quote

Brat is your clear choice then.  He is an economist and very conservative.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an opportunity to meet Dave Brat Wednesday evening at the Dominion country club, and have to admit he's a pretty straight shooter.

It turns out that he was on the economic board for Kain AND McDonnell in an advisory role only. He's a conservative from the get go despite Cantor's negative ad campaign  to the contrary.

IMO, Cantor is a corrupt RINO who would say anything to keep his sorry ass in office. He's had his run, it's time for some fresh air.

ETA: Brat DID return his VDCL survey and he's pro 2a. Apparently Cantor did not return his survey.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I am voting against Cantor.  I am not sure about Brat but believe he is as good and probably better than Cantor on the 2nd.  I did not save his response to my contact after the sandy hook tragedy, but he[Cantor] would have sold us out, because we have to do something or something like that.  He is bought and paid for by big corporations.  He is all about us being the global police force and has no desire to pay for it.

He must be nervous because he is spending a damn fortune on mailings and ads.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask yourself when was the last time Cantor did anything for his district?  Cantor has his eyes on the Speaker of the House spot, he could care less about central VA.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ask yourself when was the last time Cantor did anything for his district?  Cantor has his eyes on the Speaker of the House spot, he could care less about central VA.
View Quote

You sir, I like the cut of your jib.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, as usual, Cantor had time to roll up in his 3 SUVs at the Greek Festival and make a scene, but couldn't be bothered to return his VCDL survey.

I've been bombarded by pro-Cantor mailings, including from the NRA-ILA. Do not care. Voting for Brat.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Sign is Mechanicsville TEa party and very true.  Cantor is destroying this county just the same as Obama he is just taking a longer time to do it.  This is the best chance we have had to get rid of Cantor and Dave Brat is a the man to replace him.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#11]
On 33 between mineral and short pump there are a lot of large signs that are anti cantor, all different and are pretty good.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Cantor is pro amnesty.

So pro he's gotten a dem to help cover it up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cantor is pro amnesty.

So pro he's gotten a dem to help cover it up.
View Quote

He's pro-whatever the Chamber of Commerce and their money tell him to support.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:33:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys, Brat it is.  Worst case scenario is that he doesn't pan out over the next couple of years.  Despite a great deal of reading there's little information about his "political" position on abortion.

Matt- my apologies for going off topic in your thread...
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So, as usual, Cantor had time to roll up in his 3 SUVs at the Greek Festival and make a scene, but couldn't be bothered to return his VCDL survey.

I've been bombarded by pro-Cantor mailings, including from the NRA-ILA. Do not care. Voting for Brat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This could be a repeat of what happened to Jack Brooks in Texas years ago.  People get frustrated and take a chance with someone else.

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I will certainly do more research on Brat, but like this thread reads he seems much better than Cantor.  Cantor is the quintessential politician and a helluva a prick.  It is disturbing that the NRA gives him an A+. but he won't even bother to respond to the VCDL (Bratt did).  The ugly politics is deep in the Repubs and sadly the NRA too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Thanks guys, Brat it is.  Worst case scenario is that he doesn't pan out over the next couple of years.  Despite a great deal of reading there's little information about his "political" position on abortion.

Matt- my apologies for going off topic in your thread...
View Quote
No worries.

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#18]
For those of you in VA's 7th, tomorrow (6/10) is the day to vote!  Please go out and vote.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:50:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For those of you in VA's 7th, tomorrow (6/10) is the day to vote!  Please go out and vote.
View Quote

Saw Brats interview on the news last night, it was good.

Voted at 6:02 this morning. I was the 2nd voter. Place was empty.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:17:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a mid-term primary, so turnout will be low. Most people probably don't even realize there is an "election" today.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Voted at Massaponax high school this morning (~7:20), I was number 11 according to the counter.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:55:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's a mid-term primary, so turnout will be low. Most people probably don't even realize there is an "election" today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I agree, how can you miss all the signs and damn ads on tv?!

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately the only signs I have seen are Cantor signs and no Brat signs. Walking up to the polling place you couldn't tell Cantor had any competition. Hopefully those that are voting researched the candidates before aimlessly casting a vote.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Unfortunately the only signs I have seen are Cantor signs and no Brat signs. Walking up to the polling place you couldn't tell Cantor had any competition. Hopefully those that are voting researched the candidates before aimlessly casting a vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

exuberent spending.....may or may not be a reality.

Cantor
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easy. I don't watch them and I throw away the junk mail.

As far as lawn signs and bumper stickers, I'd say Cantor has only a slight edge, and I live and work in the suit-and-tie republican part of his district where his base resides.

Nonetheless ... my prediction is that Cantor wins with about 60%.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Bye-bye
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As far as lawn signs and bumper stickers, I'd say Cantor has only a slight edge, and I live and work in the suit-and-tie republican part of his district where his base resides.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will happily eat a celebratory plate of crow on my prediction above.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#28]

WOOHOO!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Better start salting that thing down and start the Webber.  

I'm happy to see Cantor go, myself, and have become so dispirited by the process I've adopted an across the board "vote out the incumbent."  I won't be sorry to no longer see Cantor with his head all the way up Bohner's ass all the time, either.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Congrats on getting rid of that RINO!!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fire up the grill. Would you prefer BBQ sauce or Sriracha?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you were practically spot-on about the percentage though...

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:30:00 AM EDT
[#33]
What's the likelyhood that the new guy will win the seat vs a dem?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What's the likelyhood that the new guy will win the seat vs a dem?
View Quote

The Dems can't even get their shit together to get their guy on the ballot.

The D candidate may just have to run as a write-in in November.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Nice, while I don't know the repercussions of Va losing such a power republican in the House, Cantor always seemed like a dickbag weasel willing to sell us out. At least that is the vibe I got anytime I heard him on TV.

Off topic, God I'm already tired of the Damn Mark Warner commercials. It's all I've been so awesome and bi partisan. To bad that cocksucker is in for life.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#36]
A little history on VCDL's opposition to Cantor:

https://vimeo.com/34618353
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#37]
So I wonder what that sign will say the next time I drive by.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So I wonder what that sign will say the next time I drive by.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Been a while since I've been around (real life has been an utter bitch), but thank god Cantor is on his way out.  Remembered yesterday around 2pm that I needed to vote, Brat it was.  Rather funny seeing Cantor's defeat as front page news over on BBC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top