Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2014 8:29:54 AM EDT
Went to eat mexican last night and the place usually has 32oz drafts for like 4 bucks or something on Tuesdays. When we order them the waiter tells us they only have the 22oz now for 2.99. He said the ABC made a ruling that the 32oz glasses were too big and heavy

Is there any truth to that or were they losing money on that deal and decided to quit doing it? I did some looking and couldn't find any info.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm no expert, but I've had no trouble buying 32oz beers in a bar in the last week.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yardhouse sells 32oz beers.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 4:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know the answer, but that sounds like the sort or arbitrary and stupid rule that ABC (or one of its agents) would make up.

That whole agency just needs to go away.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know the answer, but that sounds like the sort or arbitrary and stupid rule that ABC (or one of its agents) would make up.

That whole agency just needs to go away.
View Quote

Monday at Pancho Villas on 17 in Stafford, I had a Stein of Dos Equis.  That thing was close to the size of my head.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like bullshit. The ABC is bullshit, but the shit people come up with on their own and blame on the ABC is usually worse. Ask 20 different people if the ABC mandates alcohol be sold in bags, and you'll get 20 different answers. Upon moderate research, the correct answer, to my knowledge is no, it doesn't, but I work retail and I've gotten enough shit about asking people if they wanted their six packs in bags that I just stopped asking, even though, when given the choice, most people actually don't want bags for their booze.

Some people just aren't content without state regulation, so they make up their own state regulations.

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like bullshit. The ABC is bullshit, but the shit people come up with on their own and blame on the ABC is usually worse. Ask 20 different people if the ABC mandates alcohol be sold in bags, and you'll get 20 different answers. Upon moderate research, the correct answer, to my knowledge is no, it doesn't, but I work retail and I've gotten enough shit about asking people if they wanted their six packs in bags that I just stopped asking, even though, when given the choice, most people actually don't want bags for their booze.

Some people just aren't content without state regulation, so they make up their own state regulations.  
View Quote

Actually, up until about 1975, ABC did require that beer, wine, and spirits be placed in a bag before it left the store. During the mid '70s, the cost of paper increased by over 200%, and ABC rescinded the rule about bagging alcoholic beverage purchases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top