Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2014 8:51:49 AM EDT
Looking for powder in Lynchburg.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to buy it at Ace Hardware on Lakeside dr. I haven't been there in years though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Ace has a little bit, and Pro's Choice has a little bit for similar prices. At Ace I've been able to find IMR 4198, IMR 4064, and Hogdon H335... Pro's Choice had IMR 4198 today when I was in there. They both want a little over $30 a pound for any of it. I haven't been able to find any pistol powder (except from a very generous member here )  anywhere in Lynchburg. I'm loading for 9mm and .223, so stuff I can use for that is all I've been taking note of.

I've seen primers at both of those places, and also at Dick's, but they wanted some outrageous price for them there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Another place to look is WW novelty. There's also a gun store in Montvale I believe. There's a gun show on July 5th and 6th in Richmond, you may be able to find some there.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot about the store in Montvale.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:30:49 AM EDT
[#5]
The little place in the old skateland building in Madison Heights has some stuff from time to time but it is at a premium.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:30:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Little off topic, but where do you gents shoot at around the Burg, other than Lynchburg arms and Issac Walton? Seems we are lacking any decent outdoor shooting area.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Lynchburg Arms, private land and the LU Police Department range.  Used to shoot at Red6 before it closed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
To be honest I haven't shot anything but my 1911 in a year. I lost both places where I used to shoot. It's hard finding somewhere around here to shoot unless it's private land.

Edited to add, I usually ride up to Potts Slope in Craig County and spend the day there.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/recreation/hiking/recarea/?recid=73899&actid=106
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Potts Mtn is quite a hall from L-burg. I live in Daleville (near Roanoke).I mostly shoot at the Isaac Walton Club in Montgomery Co. Or low moor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top