Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2014 9:39:47 AM EDT
Im tired of being fat. I also have a goal I would like to reach by next spring. Can anyone recomend an inexpensive gym in Norfolk? I was thinking about the planet fitness off of Little Creek because its cheap but I know ARF isnt a fan of PF. Im near Tidewater and Norview, the closer to there the better.

I would also be interested in finding someone who could help motivate me and join me at the gym. (No homo)

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the Y for my family.  There is one in downtown.  Classes childcare, weights, spinning, and for a seaman such as yourself, a pool.

Always cross fit Ghent if you want to be in thee cult.  Say hi to my ex-wife!

Of course in your hood, you can just run from flying bullets .  :)
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the Y for my family.  There is one in downtown.  Classes childcare, weights, spinning, and for a seaman such as yourself, a pool.

Always cross fit Ghent if you want to be in thee cult.  Say hi to my ex-wife!

Of course in your hood, you can just run from flying bullets .  :)
View Quote

Its not quite that bad in my hood. i thought about the Y but they are on the expensive side.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
For one person, I dont know.  The family is 80$ a month.  2 free hours of childcare a day.

When I was 3 day a week stay at home dad when Jr was a wee tot- I used the crap out of that!!

Im not saying you could use 2 hours at Great Bridge y, then 2 hours at Greenbrair y, then 2 hours at Taylor Bend (western branch) y, but I heard rumor that you could!!!!

Kroc Center in Norfolk??

The old JCC in Norfolk?
(that is where I learned to swim. Before you were born)

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 3:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a bit east of Virginia Wesleyan.  I have an Anytime Fitness membership but it's not exactly cheap...Not bad but not "cheap."  I think you should go ahead and do PF, just don't eat the pizza or doughnuts. They're counterproductive.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:12:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm a bit east of Virginia Wesleyan.  I have an Anytime Fitness membership but it's not exactly cheap...Not bad but not "cheap."  I think you should go ahead and do PF, just don't eat the pizza or doughnuts. They're counterproductive.
View Quote

Ya giving out pizza and doughnuts at a gym seems

Thats probably what ill do. They have plenty of cardio stuff. Once I get some pounds off I can build some muscle. You cant beat $10 a month.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope, you really can't.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I was gonna say Planet Fitness in Janaf.  If you just want to lose the weight they have plenty of equipment for that.  But for body building go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I do crossfit at brute strength on poplar hall
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have seen that place driving by in the interstate. That may be someplace I would consider in the future. Right now my goal is weight loss.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have seen that place driving by in the interstate. That may be someplace I would consider in the future. Right now my goal is weight loss.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can help you there.  It's nice to have some support
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top