Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 8:08:49 AM EDT
Aw yeeee.  How much will 5.45 cans go for?

I want to fingerbang a Savage 308, maybe the hoghunter model.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Nations FUN show is NOT FUN anymore. Not worth my time to make the trip. This has become nothing more than a flea market with some GUN STUFF thrown in!

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nations FUN show is NOT FUN anymore. Not worth my time to make the trip. This has become nothing more than a flea market with some GUN STUFF thrown in!

View Quote

Been that way for years.  Its still a good place to handle some guns that you don't always see in local shops.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Last show I went to I was there to get a black Ruger 22/45 lite and primers. I think I paid ~350 for the Ruger, and got my primers.

100% successful show . I will be there this weekend maybe Saturday afternoon looking for a S&W 442 pro , and some more primers.

I'd like to find some Bullseye , but that's not going to happen.

May pick up some ammo (not .22LR)

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Aw yeeee.  How much will 5.45 cans go for?

I want to fingerbang a Savage 308, maybe the hoghunter model.
View Quote

Last show I didn't see any, only saw one 7.62x54r and I snagged that for 100 iirc.

I'll be looking for some cheap 12gauge slugs for my Vepr 12.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Never been before but I'll be going Sunday with some of my buddies. Can anyone that's been before or is planing on going before Sunday chime in on what the AK market there is like there? I'll be in the market for an SLR107-FR and 7.62x39 mags to go with said rifle.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Never been before but I'll be going Sunday with some of my buddies. Can anyone that's been before or is planing on going before Sunday chime in on what the AK market there is like there? I'll be in the market for an SLR107-FR and 7.62x39 mags to go with said rifle.
View Quote
When you enter go to far back right corner. Those guys have a good selection of aks and carry Arsenal. I got a saiga from them once. Price was inline with web price plus shipping.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw a bunch at the last show, mostly of the PAP variety, IIRC.  Prices seemed decent.  There were a lot of way, way over-priced AK pistols.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When you enter go to far back right corner. Those guys have a good selection of aks and carry Arsenal. I got a saiga from them once. Price was inline with web price plus shipping.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip, I'll check em out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I always go on Friday afternoon. The pickings are better, although the prices may not be.

In general, this is a worthwhile show (for me anyway).
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday afternoon, with the IPS booth, feel free to drop by and say hello.  I like the show for the C3 stuff and some of the classic guns - generic guns I'd just buy online and transfer in.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Someone yell if the see a Silencerco Saker at the show.  Time is running out and I would like to pick one up before they change the rules.  Last form 3 I had took 2 months+ so I think that won't be an option.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll drop in, but I really just view it as paying $12 to browse things that I don't get to see often.  I very rarely see a good deal on the things I want...and often they are far more expensive than online.  The exception is when I need some odd unusual item and trip across one...and can get the guy to deal since no one else is looking for it and he has been sitting on it for years.

Still though, it's better than a day at work.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Someone yell if the see a Silencerco Saker at the show.  Time is running out and I would like to pick one up before they change the rules.  Last form 3 I had took 2 months+ so I think that won't be an option.
View Quote

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I went to Willards for early lunch, so I cruised the '88 by the front doors before they started letting people in.

A line was already forming.

Neckbeard and scooter-chair city.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

IM inbound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM inbound.

Thanks.  I guess I should have specified 7.62.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM inbound.

Glad I said 5.56!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Went out this afternoon.  It was fine.  The 1:00 line moved fast.  

Plenty of ammo, .22 priced outrageously high (shocker).  100-ct Mini-Mags for $20.  No thanks.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#18]
First time going but I thought it was a pretty good show. Found the AK mags I was looking for, (went to VA arms for the rifle). 7.62x39 ammo and mags seemed pretty reasonably priced at a couple tables. Got a nice safe ordered up for Steve's while I was there too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#19]
T&T have any pistol powder?

TR
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#20]
^
Nope
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
T&T have any pistol powder?

TR
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#22]
$13 to get in ruins any savings you might have by going there, assuming they have what you are looking for anyway which is a very large assumption. Cheaper ordering online. Whoever runs these shows take note.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
$13 to get in ruins any savings you might have by going there, assuming they have what you are looking for anyway which is a very large assumption. Cheaper ordering online. Whoever runs these shows take note.
View Quote

Primers , it's a wash .

I got my primers, no S&W 442 pros though

I counted 5 genuine neckbeards , lots of .22 LR to be had, and not moving a bit at the outrageous prices listed. That is a good sign.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I bit the bullet and gave up looking for a stainless Sig P232 and bought a blued one at the show today.  No one has them online other than gunbroker and they are commanding a pretty decent price, plus shipping and FFL fee.  

Four different vendors had blued, but only one had a really decent cash price - about $560 for NIB with night sights and 2 mags.  It wasn't even on the table, so it is pristine.  I suppose that I can feel better about it since it is 5 ounces lighter than the stainless 232 and I am really getting it for days I don't feel like carrying my G27.  I think I'll slap some rosewood grips...and then I'll like it even more.  

Otherwise, looked like the same vendors with the same stuff.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is still something to be said for being able to actually handle and inspect a large-ticket item in person before purchasing.

I agree that by the time you pay SALES TAX on a big-ticket item,  plus admission, you've saved little over an online purchase and transfer at the LGS.
I used to get a big thrill out of just going to gun shows. Now I have two of just about every gun I'll ever have time to shoot, so "just looking" at a gun show is a waste of valuable range time for me.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't know. What' is the hazmat shipping fee for 12 pounds of powder and about 8000 primers? And that's if you find all the powder and primers you want at one internet seller, other wise you are paying that hazmat fee several times to buy from different internet sellers. I went to the show and renewed my NRA membership, it was due anyways. Got in and got most of the powders I was looking for and all the primers I wanted.

I was happy with the show over all. Finding a 300 BLK SBR barrel would have made this a great show.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I permanently renewed my NRA membership about 30 years ago.

I've had good luck regularly buying my year's needs for powder and primers at Camp Perry.
Figure I'm there anyway.
Pay Ohio sales tax.

Buy far enough "ahead" (I recommend 3 years) so that you don't get caught short in one of these stupid "shortages" like whats been going on lately.

I still have large rifle primers from the Bill Clinton primer shortage.

If you can reliably find the components you need, and in quantity, at the gun show, I guess that's OK too.
Not everybody goes to Camp Perry.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I permanently renewed my NRA membership about 30 years ago.

I've had good luck regularly buying my year's needs for powder and primers at Camp Perry.
Figure I'm there anyway.
Pay Ohio sales tax.

Buy far enough "ahead" (I recommend 3 years) so that you don't get caught short in one of these stupid "shortages" like whats been going on lately.

I still have large rifle primers from the Bill Clinton primer shortage.

If you can reliably find the components you need, and in quantity, at the gun show, I guess that's OK too.
Not everybody goes to Camp Perry.
View Quote

Nor is everybody old enough to have been reloading when Clinton was president. Based upon current market rates, not 16 years ago, I think this gun show was much better for a starting out reloader trying to stock up then ordering over the internet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Only good thing for me at the show was that VCDL was there, so I joined.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Only good thing for me at the show was that VCDL was there, so I joined.
View Quote

Excellent thank you sir!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nor is everybody old enough to have been reloading when Clinton was president. Based upon current market rates, not 16 years ago, I think this gun show was much better for a starting out reloader trying to stock up then ordering over the internet.
View Quote

... I was reloading when Carter was President.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:11:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I still have a couple boxes of those Bill Clinton primers on my shelf. They're marked $10 a box of 1,000.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Unless you were there to buy a gun, I saw nothing -- NOTHING -- that was priced competitively with what I could get it online.

I was the guy walking around with a sign on my back for Glock magazines for $15-18 -- I was there for two hours, guess how many I sold? NOT ONE.  People were too focused on buying the $25 Pmags, I guess....
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Unless you were there to buy a gun, I saw nothing -- NOTHING -- that was priced competitively with what I could get it online.

I was the guy walking around with a sign on my back for Glock magazines for $15-18 -- I was there for two hours, guess how many I sold? NOT ONE.  People were too focused on buying the $25 Pmags, I guess....
View Quote

$25 pmags LOL.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

$25 pmags LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$25 pmags LOL.

That being said, Quantico Tactical was doing 5 for $45, show price. I thought that was a mighty fine price.

Every other price there was disgusting ($65 for a brick of Remington .22?). Other than QT and finally handling a Tavor (didn't love it), it was a sad place. Particularly yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That being said, Quantico Tactical was doing 5 for $45, show price. I thought that was a mighty fine price.

Every other price there was disgusting ($65 for a brick of Remington .22?). Other than QT and finally handling a Tavor (didn't love it), it was a sad place. Particularly yesterday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$25 pmags LOL.

That has been the best Gen 2 PMAG price at the show for awhile.  Definitely worth buying locally at that price.  Any more and I order online.  That said, I think that I have a lifetime supply now.

If you know what things should cost, then the show is fine.  You walk by most things and get a deal every now and then...especially on non-mainstream items.  It's also a good chance to see and handle things that you might not otherwise.

I suppose I can't fault vendors for charging what they do as long as sheep keep coming in the door to pay that price.  I will admit though, I don't even glance at the tables for a handful of vendors that I know have things marked way up and who won't deal.  If they have a deal on their table now, I won't see it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 3:22:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Primers , it's a wash .

I counted 5 genuine neckbeards , lots of .22 LR to be had, and not moving a bit at the outrageous prices listed. That is a good sign.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Primers , it's a wash .

Hey ANGST,
Did you see the neckbeards with the .22 ammo table off to the right and about midway to the back? Was another guy off to the left and midway back with a smaller lot. The only thing missing from their boxes were the wal mart price tags. LOL

OH and the 7n6 5.45 prices were insane.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I bit the bullet and gave up looking for a stainless Sig P232 and bought a blued one at the show today.  No one has them online other than gunbroker and they are commanding a pretty decent price, plus shipping and FFL fee.  

Four different vendors had blued, but only one had a really decent cash price - about $560 for NIB with night sights and 2 mags.  It wasn't even on the table, so it is pristine.  I suppose that I can feel better about it since it is 5 ounces lighter than the stainless 232 and I am really getting it for days I don't feel like carrying my G27.  I think I'll slap some rosewood grips...and then I'll like it even more.  

View Quote

Thanks for your business!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Got a complete KAC  RAS kit for $50   other than that nothing else tempted me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the good price.  That sealed the deal.  Otherwise, my quest for stainless was probably going to keep dragging on.  

And here's a plug from a satisfied customer:  DK Firearms in Caroline County  

Check 'em out folks.  Great prices.  Straight shooters.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 3:18:48 AM EDT
[#41]
I was offered a free ride to the show and would not go. A couple local FFLs set-up and both said it would be their last time.

Way too many shows. I can remember when I really looked forward to the Chantilly show when it was hosted 2-3 times a year. Sure prices were high but it was sort of a event even if you found nothing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Thanks for the good price.  That sealed the deal.  Otherwise, my quest for stainless was probably going to keep dragging on.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've spent alot w/ them too.  They're the only vendor that I found w/ saiga conversion parts for good prices.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top