Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2014 7:39:00 AM EDT

In case anyone didn't know. They are awesome. Great selection. Great service and great staff.

PS. They have Shields for $425.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Agreed
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
You are correct sir
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It is awesome to me that we have so many options in the area now (NoVa Armament, Loudoun Guns, BRA, Sharpshooters, Guns and Ammo Warehouse, and a fistful of others) after a period of time where we had less options. In general, all of our shops are dramatically improved over the options a couple decades ago - and Virginia Arms is STILL a standout place.

Anybody remember Condon's (admittedly, they still have a small store, but they deal in a very specific type of firearms now)? How about A&A/All American in Fairfax? Or the place that used to be in Annandale and is now down Route 1 - was that Dawson's?

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]

and is now down Route 1 - was that Dawson's?
View Quote

still is, far as I know... I stopped in there once, years ago, and have felt no compelling need to ever return.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Dawson's on Route 1 is still there.  Nothing particularly exciting (I'll swing in once every year or so for some reason, usually because 95 traffic is bad).  

Of all the shops in NoVA, VA arms is by far the best.  I prefer to spend my money there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is awesome to me that we have so many options in the area now (NoVa Armament, Loudoun Guns, BRA, Sharpshooters, Guns and Ammo Warehouse, and a fistful of others) after a period of time where we had less options. In general, all of our shops are dramatically improved over the options a couple decades ago - and Virginia Arms is STILL a standout place.

Anybody remember Condon's (admittedly, they still have a small store, but they deal in a very specific type of firearms now)? How about A&A/All American in Fairfax? Or the place that used to be in Annandale and is now down Route 1 - was that Dawson's?

-shooter
View Quote

Annandale once hosted a range (the LAST one inside the beltway) and "The Reloading Bench" - about a block away.

The Annandale Small Arms range was, I'm convinced, done in by the owner's lunacy due to lead exposure.  Nice folks, but CRAZY. Plus, the property owners wanted them OUT.

I'd imagine The Reloading Bench was not profitable.  Also nice guys - but too much inventory that just sat and sat.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget All Shooters Tactical and Quantico Arms.  Then you have J.C. Firearms who does business out of his home and Class III stuff also.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

... Anybody remember Condon's ...

-shooter
View Quote

Remember it well.  He had a warehouse in Chantilly full of probably hundreds of M-1 Garands, Lee-Enfields, and such.  I picked up a Remington P-14 in .303 British from him for $99.

I do miss Potomac Arms.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Annandale once hosted a range (the LAST one inside the beltway) and "The Reloading Bench" - about a block away.

The Annandale Small Arms range was, I'm convinced, done in by the owner's lunacy due to lead exposure.  Nice folks, but CRAZY. Plus, the property owners wanted them OUT.

I'd imagine The Reloading Bench was not profitable.  Also nice guys - but too much inventory that just sat and sat.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-shooter

I remember a&a they had a Rashid rifle in there for $225 that I am kicking myself for not buying.

Reloading bench was a classic "old guy" store. The owner , Dale , I think died of lung cancer . He smoked like a chimney.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I remember a&a they had a Rashid rifle in there for $225 that I am kicking myself for not buying.

Reloading bench was a classic "old guy" store. The owner , Dale , I think died of lung cancer . He smoked like a chimney.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-shooter

I spent a lot of money at the reloading bench before being able to shop on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Funny story about the Reloading Bench:  I bought an old 1921 Astra model 400 there years ago.

When I went to pick it up, I noticed a nice Argentine Mauser for about $200.  

IIRC, that gun uses a really odd-ball  caliber 7.63mm.   Really nice rifle but I already have a mauser or two.

A week later, a buddy showed me some ammo he bought at a gunshow  - really cheap - to shoot in his Russian Mauser:  You guessed it - he bought the wrong caliber ammo!  

The 200 rounds he bought were for the Argentine mauser. Being as you can't exaclty take surplus ammo back to the gunshow for a refund, he promptly headed to the Reloading Bench & bought the gun to fit the ammo he had.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Funny story about the Reloading Bench:  I bought an old 1921 Astra model 400 there years ago.

IIRC, that gun uses a really odd-ball  caliber 7.63mm.   Really nice rifle but I already have a mauser or two.

A week later, a buddy showed me some ammo he bought at a gunshow  - really cheap - to shoot in his Russian Mauser:  You guessed it - he bought the wrong caliber ammo!  

The 200 rounds he bought were for the Argentine mauser. Being as you can't exaclty take surplus ammo back to the gunshow for a refund, he promptly headed to the Reloading Bench & bought the gun to fit the ammo he had.
View Quote

You know your a gun nut if .....

Guilty of similar acts myself  

Like when faced with a free continuous supply of .40 brass , and no .40 S&W handguns...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Like when faced with a free continuous supply of .40 brass , and no .40 S&W handguns...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!  that describes my current predicament:  I "need"  a PTR rifle because a friend gave me some H&K G3 mags he no longer wanted.  What good are mags without a gun?  

Anyone know where to get a 308 PTR , used or new, in VA for about 8 bills or less??  Like I said:  I "need" it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I concur.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Va Arms is awesome and customer service is second to none.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top