Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2014 9:19:19 AM EDT
Im coming up there and I'll be flying. What is the best airport to fly into near Arlington, VA? Take into account I am bringing a handgun, so anywhere in D.C. is out of the picture. Gotta be VA.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#1]
No airports in DC, so you're good in that regard.

DCA or IAD... DCA is in Arlington itself, so it'll be closest.  Several trans options to get to from/to IAD.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

DCA or IAD... DCA is in Arlington itself, so it'll be closest.  Several trans options to get to from/to IAD.
View Quote

This.

IAD is a bit of a hike, more oriented to long-haul/international traffic.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I've flown in and out of DCA with firearms and have never had an issue.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Either are good to go, I would check into flights and see if you can get a direct or convenient flights.  

Quoted:

This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is the best airport to fly into near Arlington, VA? Take into account I am bringing a handgun, so anywhere in D.C. is out of the picture.
View Quote

As a proponent of the 'forewarned is forearmed' school of thought, this merits a read: < - Click Me, I'm a Link - >

If you travel from Reagan National Airport (DCA) to points east (like Alexandria) or south (like Springfield) you're golden.

If you travel from DCA to points west via the GW Parkway ...

... and the moon aligns with Jupiter and Mars, resulting in a breakdown of your taxi on the DC portion of the parkway ...

... and since the moon will have recently been a blood moon, the Park Police determine you are carrying in DC ...

... they will arrest you.  And pepper you with every conceivable charge.

The cost of arguing for the lawful nature of your travel under FOPA will be yours to bear.  The costs of the lawyers and support staff trying to put you in jail for as long as is possible, will be happily (ETA, or otherwise) paid by DC taxpayers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

As a proponent of the 'forewarned is forearmed' school of thought, this merits a read: < - Click Me, I'm a Link - >

If you travel from Reagan National Airport (IAD) to points east (like Alexandria) or south (like Springfield) you're golden.

If you travel from IAD to points west via the GW Parkway ...

[div style='margin-left: 40px;']... and the moon aligns with Jupiter and Mars, resulting in a breakdown of your taxi on the DC portion of the parkway ...

... and since the moon will have recently been a blood moon, the Park Police determine you are carrying in DC ...

The cost of arguing for the lawful nature of your travel under FOPA will be yours to bear.  The costs of the lawyers and support staff trying to put you in jail for as long as is possible, will be happily paid by DC taxpayers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the best airport to fly into near Arlington, VA? Take into account I am bringing a handgun, so anywhere in D.C. is out of the picture.

If you travel from Reagan National Airport (IAD) to points east (like Alexandria) or south (like Springfield) you're golden.

If you travel from IAD to points west via the GW Parkway ...

[div style='margin-left: 40px;']... and the moon aligns with Jupiter and Mars, resulting in a breakdown of your taxi on the DC portion of the parkway ...

The cost of arguing for the lawful nature of your travel under FOPA will be yours to bear.  The costs of the lawyers and support staff trying to put you in jail for as long as is possible, will be happily paid by DC taxpayers.

Just as clarification to the above. Reagan is not IAD, it is DCA. Dulles is IAD...
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just as clarification to the above. Reagan is not IAD, it is DCA. Dulles is IAD...
View Quote

Thanks!  The older I get, the feebler I become ...

Fixed in my earlier post.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#8]
So Reagan/DCA is in Arlington, NOT Washington DC, and my TX CHL will be honored from the moment I collect my baggage?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So Reagan/DCA is in Arlington, NOT Washington DC, and my TX CHL will be honored from the moment I collect my baggage?
View Quote

Yes.
But don't gun up right there in baggage claim - airport terminals are no-carry zones (although interpretations may vary by cop). Best to wait until you're off airport property.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes.
But don't gun up right there in baggage claim - airport terminals are no-carry zones (although interpretations may vary by cop). Best to wait until you're off airport property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Roger that. I don't normally carry my little CZ82 just because I have a Dan Wesson as my normal EDC. Anyone know where I can get some 9x18 Makarov for a decent price in the area?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top