Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2014 7:47:12 PM EDT
There is a gun show coming up next weekend in Fishersville and I'm thinking about going.

How are their gun shows? I'm use to going to Roanoke or Salem. How does it compare to those?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Things may have changed, but the few times that I have gone, it sucked.  It always seemed like too much stuff was crammed into too little space.  It stunk.  The people wanted too much for their junk (and most of it was just that).

I have vowed to never set foot in a Fishersville gun show again.  It's no where near as good as Roanoke or Salem's gun shows.

I'd recommend trying it out yourself and making your own decision on it.  If you're looking to get out of the house for the day, then go have fun.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:56:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Things may have changed, but the few times that I have gone, it sucked.  It always seemed like too much stuff was crammed into too little space.  It stunk.  The people wanted too much for their junk (and most of it was just that).

I have vowed to never set foot in a Fishersville gun show again.  It's no where near as good as Roanoke or Salem's gun shows.

I'd recommend trying it out yourself and making your own decision on it.  If you're looking to get out of the house for the day, then go have fun.

View Quote

It must be pretty terrible then!
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
My point exactly Grim.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My point exactly Grim.

View Quote

Did you go to that one in Lynchburg a few years ago? It wasn't all that great, but I was hoping it was the beginning of something. I guess not.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did you go to that one in Lynchburg a few years ago? It wasn't all that great, but I was hoping it was the beginning of something. I guess not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My point exactly Grim.

One in Lynchurg?

I think I vaguely remember hearing something about that but I'm not sure. Where was it held at?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
One in Lynchurg?

I think I vaguely remember hearing something about that but I'm not sure. Where was it held at?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point exactly Grim.

One in Lynchurg?

Man, even though I've lived here for about 8 years now I still don't know much about Lynchburg. It was at some convention type center towards downtown. That's about all I know, I rode there with somebody else. Maybe somebody else here can explain better where it was if they know.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 3:07:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The Fishersville and Harrisonburg gun shows are pretty meh.  Unless you live in the area like I do, I wouldn't bother going.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL...I went to Fishersville once....Dark Sun pretty much had it to themselves. Been at least 12 years though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#9]
This is not sounding very promising.

I might go just so I can say I've been.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. I lived in Staunton for a couple years. I think I went to every Fishersville gun show during that period, hoping it would improve. I can't recall ever buying anything. I have found things I liked there, and went straight to Nuckols and bought the same thing cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I was at the Expo-land show today. It was pretty much as expected. The space isn't very big, and the selection is lacking.

You can find most generic items and firearms, but specialty items are lacking. I got what I went for, sold a few things, and then left.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:02:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was at the Expo-land show today. It was pretty much as expected. The space isn't very big, and the selection is lacking.

You can find most generic items and firearms, but specialty items are lacking. I got what I went for, sold a few things, and then left.
View Quote

yeah and the dealer a$$ clown by the feed stand trying to tell me a VX Patrol 3-9 is a 2500+ optic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top