Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2014 4:40:56 PM EDT
It is now official; I've started the next chapter of my life. To me, this is not a sell, sell, sell opportunity. In fact, I'll most likely for the first few years be taking a large pay cut. I'm doing so because I want to pursue something I'm passionate about and something were my reputation and word of mouth will drive my success. I pride myself on my research skills, critical thinking, honesty, and being prepared. My goal is not to just sell, buy, or rent as much as I can, but actually advise clients to what I believe is the best action for their situation. In my mind, I'm turning myself into a business and every encounter, phone call, referral, and transaction is a part of my companies history and reputation.

I'm now experienced in:
first time buyers
new home construction
Townhouses in subdivisions (including HOA's)
Large homes on acreage
Buying unconventionally (short sale, buying from out-of-state corporations)
Managing rentals
I'm also a recent (2008) military vet, so I can relate to military members looking for "safe" rentals as well as looking to buy. I've gone through every possible scenario with VA loans.

My area of operation is mostly northern Virginia. I live in western Loudoun Co, own a rental property in Leesburg, and work in Fairfax Co.

As of right now, my website with Coldwell Residential is being built and business cards are on their way. I could have waited for them, but time and time again this forum, especially the hometown threads have been a massive asset and I wanted to put this out there to my fellow Virginian Arfcommers.

With mod permission (a Virginian) I'm putting myself out there. If you or anyone you know is looking for a realtor for buying, selling, or renting (including land) IM me. Whether it's 100 acres of hunting land in Clarke County or a townhouse in Fairfax, I'm comfortable and knowledgeable in all realms. I want my research skills, honesty, and attention to detail help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Any and all referrals as well as feedback are welcome.
Instant Message for personal contact information.
I thank you for taking the time to read this and look forward to you comments.

ETA: formatting and added my .mil background
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.   When I'm ready for a place to shoot 500/1000 yards I'll keep you in mind.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats.   When I'm ready for a place to shoot 500/1000 yards I'll keep you in mind.
View Quote

I appreciate that. Locations? For nothing else, it gives me a little research project.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
congrats!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
congrats!!!
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 3:45:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Well done.

Keep us posted with contact info, PM works as well.

I escaped from NOVA years ago but still have family in Low-down.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well done.

Keep us posted with contact info, PM works as well.

I escaped from NOVA years ago but still have family in Low-down.
View Quote

I bought my forever home in north western Loudoun so I'll be here for 30 more years. I found the large brick French Colonial my wife wanted on the 15 acres I wanted within a reasonable commute for both of us. It's this kind of research and attention to detail I plan to build my reputation on. Website is being built. If you'd like my email and/or phone number just shoot me a IM and I'll gladly provide it.

Again, thank you all for your support.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice!

gonna tell my family about this because they seriously need to sell there home in arlington
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Good to know.

When I bought in 2009, I didn't have a "bad" realtor, but I didn't really have a good one either. We ended up finding the house ourselves through lots of internet searching and telling her what we wanted to see.

If I ever buy again, I want NO HOA, big garage, and a big workshop. The house itself can be small. I'm terrible at maintenance A monolithic dome house would kick ass. This combination seems pretty hard to find in NOVA.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice!

gonna tell my family about this because they seriously need to sell there home in arlington
View Quote

IM sent. Thank you for the support.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good to know.

When I bought in 2009, I didn't have a "bad" realtor, but I didn't really have a good one either. We ended up finding the house ourselves through lots of internet searching and telling her what we wanted to see.

If I ever buy again, I want NO HOA, big garage, and a big workshop. The house itself can be small. I'm terrible at maintenance A monolithic dome house would kick ass. This combination seems pretty hard to find in NOVA.
View Quote

Yeah, we did something similar in our search, but most of the houses came from our agent's searches. Interestingly, she is now my mentor and partner. She is one of the top Realtors in the area and I really liked the way she presented herself, her ideas, and honesty when looking at houses with us.

If that's what you're looking for you have to come out my way, Lovettsville, Purcellville, Hillsboro....
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Sent you an e-mail.

Thx,
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sent you an e-mail.

Thx,
View Quote

Search is under way.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Sent you an email, but not sure it went through.
Please let me know.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:13:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sent you an email, but not sure it went through.
Please let me know.
Thanks
View Quote

Got it, reply sent last night.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Ok, I've learned there is just as much paperwork, bureaucracy, and waiting as the military and .gov.

Either way, I'm now up and running and I finally have all my accesses, associations, and all dues have been paid. If you're looking to buy or sell, I'd love to prove my worth. I may be new, but I have a wealth of tools backed by Coldwell Banker at my disposal and found a calling for my research/analytic skills I enjoy using data, statistics, and real numbers to prove why we'd make a great team. I'm still working on getting my name out there. I refuse to cold call, except for "For sale by owners", but that's because 80% of them end up with a Realtor and I want them to see how I could be of service. However, I wait until after it's been listed 30 days because statistically my team could have already sold it for them. I want my reputation to built on knowledge, intelligence, and attention to detail. Not, "the guy who called me out of the blue and annoyed the hell out of me."

Please, for market happenings, local information, and to just support a local Arfcommer check the links below. Also, something I believe especially now. No matter how successful or intelligent you are, you're never above learning. Please give me suggestions, thoughts, feedback. Look at these and tell me what you think.

Facebook No making fun of my fat face.

Twitter

Hot linked for convenience. If there's a rule I'm breaking let me know. Again, thank you for your support. No matter the capacity.

Link Posted: 5/28/2014 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

yup.. that's him...lol

hey D.. you got the deer feeders out yet?
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

yup.. that's him...lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup.. that's him...lol

Not yet, but there has been a lot of movement between deer, turkey, and even a bear.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#20]
It may be the market you're going after, but it those pictures on the Facebook page make it look like you're a big baller. None of my Sterling neighborhood shacks for you

I have been kicking around buying some land in the next few years and then building a concrete bunker house another 10-15 years down the road. Looking at stuff like this, which appears to be about 10 acres for $250k. Looking at sold records, it seems like stuff is really hit or miss on price per acre. I guess it's all about the location, but are there any trends you are noticing?
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It may be the market you're going after, but it those pictures on the Facebook page make it look like you're a big baller. None of my Sterling neighborhood shacks for you

I have been kicking around buying some land in the next few years and then building a concrete bunker house another 10-15 years down the road. Looking at stuff like this, which appears to be about 10 acres for $250k. Looking at sold records, it seems like stuff is really hit or miss on price per acre. I guess it's all about the location, but are there any trends you are noticing?
View Quote

That link went to a "not for sale any longer" banner. Must have moved quick, lol. Yeah, location is key when buying land. Something to consider is crossing that county line has a massive impact on property tax. I've seen more and more people willing to commute 15-20 more minutes because of the substantial drop in property tax.

I'll send you a IM so we can discuss this further.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That link went to a "not for sale any longer" banner. Must have moved quick, lol. Yeah, location is key when buying land. Something to consider is crossing that county line has a massive impact on property tax. I've seen more and more people willing to commute 15-20 more minutes because of the substantial drop in property tax.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent you a reply. I think they redid the URL on the listing or something, I found it again, but at a different location. They list the MRIS # as LO7964053

I'm not sure exactly where the lot location is; I took a drive out there this weekend but didn't get but 1/3 of the way up the dirt road when there were a bunch of no tresspassing signs like the road became private or something. From the description it sounds like the land is towards the end near Camp Highroad, but the no tresspassing signs "close" the road off well before that. Maybe all the residents like their privacy
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Interested in input.

Wife and I are in a 20yo house - been here for 2 years looking to move in 3. Want to start doing some upgrades. Looking at

1) Kitchen
2) Master bath
3) Finish basement

For ROI, would you go in that order?

For master bath - is a tub still "mandatory?" Can you get away, in NoVA, with having a top of the line steam shower alone?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:49:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Interested in input.

Wife and I are in a 20yo house - been here for 2 years looking to move in 3. Want to start doing some upgrades. Looking at

1) Kitchen
2) Master bath
3) Finish basement

For ROI, would you go in that order?

For master bath - is a tub still "mandatory?" Can you get away, in NoVA, with having a top of the line steam shower alone?
View Quote

It really depends on the condition of each, but yes, a kitchen remodel is typically a good ROI as long as you don't go too custom. Depending on how many square feet the finished basement would add it may be the best bet before the MB. Here in NoVA, I can't tell you the last house I saw that didn't have a tub in the MB. With that being said, I can tell you some of them have never been turned on , but people do look for it. As for the steam shower in lieu of a tub....someone might be specifically looking for a steam shower. Are you saying the house has a top of the line steam shower already there or you're considering installing one instead of a tub?

Again, it really depends on location, size, and market. By no means am I an expert. I hope others will chime in and provide feedback as well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I sent you a reply. I think they redid the URL on the listing or something, I found it again, but at a different location. They list the MRIS # as LO7964053

I'm not sure exactly where the lot location is; I took a drive out there this weekend but didn't get but 1/3 of the way up the dirt road when there were a bunch of no tresspassing signs like the road became private or something. From the description it sounds like the land is towards the end near Camp Highroad, but the no tresspassing signs "close" the road off well before that. Maybe all the residents like their privacy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found the listing. I think they just reduced the price again. 10 acres in Leesburg is awesome. I'll IM you additional details.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Congratulations,  I have no doubt that you will do well.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Now you've done it!  Everyone here is gonna be expecting a super kick-butt AR15 gifted with purchase of a new home ;-)

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Congratulations,  I have no doubt that you will do well.  

View Quote

Thank you very much for the confidence boost. I just spent the morning doing some research on rentals that may be beneficial for the owners to sell. Seriously, went through about 90 houses in one area. Can't get to the top if you don't do the work.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Now you've done it!  Everyone here is gonna be expecting a super kick-butt AR15 gifted with purchase of a new home ;-)

Good luck!
View Quote

If said house is $1,000,000+ something can be arranged. As long as I can write it off as a business expense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top