Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2014 10:50:03 PM EDT
Anybody seen these in store anywhere in VA? I'm getting frustrated with their website trying to find which stores carry them.
I know there was rumor a year or so ago about them not carrying ARs in VA stores anymore..
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 4:40:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Wards road in lynchburg carries them. They had one in stock earlier this week.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Charlottesville
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys!
View Quote

Seen em in Blacksburg too, months ago but they're out there.

Also Fredericksburg.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Woodstock has one and Winchester had one last week when I was up there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Seen em in Blacksburg Christiansburg too, months ago but they're out there.

Also Fredericksburg.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks guys!

Seen em in Blacksburg Christiansburg too, months ago but they're out there.

Also Fredericksburg.
FIFY. Blacksburg is WAY too progressive and "local" to have a Walmart.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Harrisonburg has got 'em.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#9]
There was one in the case in Warrenton last night.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#10]
they used to have them at the Mechanicsville store , but I haven't seen them there in a loooog time ....
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#11]
All 3 in winchester have them
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Charlottesville
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IIRC, I saw one at the Super WalMart in Farmville, VA. I would suggest you call to be sure.
View Quote

Yup, lusted after it quite a bit. Had the money when they were unobtanium, now that they're in there all the time I'm broke.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 3:41:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 3:48:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Warrenton has at least one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:23:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Lynchburg Wards Rd has one right now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#18]
If you buy an AR from a Virginia WalMart, it will likely come with a 20 round Thermold (junk) magazine. Walmart's lawyers are not smart enough to understand Virginia's "Assault Weapons" law and have the distributor remove the factory 30 round Colt mag from the box and replace it with the cheap 20 round Thermold junk. I confirmed this with Colt.

Also, I purchased a 6920 from WalMart that had a poor fit and finish. Colt just shrugged their corporate shoulders,  said they would take care of me and then failed to follow through with what they promised.

I will not buy another Colt product and I will never buy another firearm from WalMart. They made the whole process long and cumbersome.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Magpul outfitted Colt in Sterling walmart two weeks ago. It was marked M4 Carbine and had a black metal mag insterted, looked like a 20rder.

I was surprised to see it, they have only had M&P 15-22 w/ no muzzle device in the past.  The 15-22s do come w/ a 30rd mag, it was in the case w/ the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#20]
If your Walmart has an FFL, ask for the UPC catalog.  Find the product number and special order it.   Maybe they don't do that anymore, but back when Fair Lakes had an FFL it was how I was going to get a couple Marlin 22s (they then dropped their FFL, and I ended up ordering them via VA Arms).   No sense in traveling around to different Walmarts, when you might be able to ask the closest store to have one shipped to them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you buy an AR from a Virginia WalMart, it will likely come with a 20 round Thermold (junk) magazine. Walmart's lawyers are not smart enough to understand Virginia's "Assault Weapons" law and have the distributor remove the factory 30 round Colt mag from the box and replace it with the cheap 20 round Thermold junk. I confirmed this with Colt.

Also, I purchased a 6920 from WalMart that had a poor fit and finish. Colt just shrugged their corporate shoulders,  said they would take care of me and then failed to follow through with what they promised.

I will not buy another Colt product and I will never buy another firearm from WalMart. They made the whole process long and cumbersome.
View Quote

I feel your pain, but did you not look the rifle over before you bought it?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]
so how much is a 6920 at a walmart in VA?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do you guys live in Walmarts?
View Quote

I live in K-mart, don't judge.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where I live, Walmarts is about all we've got. And we gotta travel to the 'big city' to get there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
so how much is a 6920 at a walmart in VA?
View Quote

Stock one is $1059, the one with all the Magpul crap on it is $1159

It might be 1069/1169, I can't remember exactly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Roanoke has had the Colts for quite a while now.  Hell, we've got 4-5 WM's to choose from
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 3:06:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yup

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where I live, Walmarts is about all we've got. And we gotta travel to the 'big city' to get there.

Yup

I almost feel sorry for the folks who get trespassed from Walmarts. Where in the blue fuck would you GO?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I almost feel sorry for the folks who get trespassed from Walmarts. Where in the blue fuck would you GO?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

is such a thing even possible?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

Happens all the time. Usually for shoplifting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Happens all the time. Usually for shoplifting.
View Quote

ahhh.  I guess that would do it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Roanoke has had the Colts for quite a while now.  Hell, we've got 4-5 WM's to choose from
View Quote

We have plenty of walmarts to choose from here in Richmond too, but none of them carry ARs. Gotta head to the country for that!
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which locations? I'm new to the Roanoke area but I wouldn't mind checking out which packages they have. I have been to the WM by Valley View mall but I didn't see any.

SS
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#35]
There's usually at least one 6920 here in Haymarket.

Not sure how much purchasing at Walmart is a requirement for you, but there are some pretty nice deals out there if you look.  FYI, last week DSG had a $200 coupon and the 6920 was $899.

It's $1099 now: http://dsgarms.com/co6920  (left cold)

You can verify these yourself, but availability and pricing is great these days (but I have no cash at the moment, of course )...
http://dsgarms.com/rifle-platforms-ar15-colt
http://www.slickguns.com/product/colt-model-6720-lightweight-16-carbine

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have looked closer. I thought I was buying the one in the display case that I looked over very well. As the process went on, their computerized gun sales system selected one for me from their stock. When they brought out the boxed rifle at the end of the transaction, after I had paid, I took a quick look but frankly I was probably already out of luck if I had rejected it. I didn't really notice the issues with fit and finish until I got home, unwrapped it and wiped it down. It is also a mediocre shooter. My PSA "blemished" build looks better and shoots better than the Colt product costing twice as much. Colt Customer Service SUCKS! I was promised several things with no follow through and I could never get back in touch with the people that promised things. Oh well, lesson learned. My money no longer goes to Walmart or Colt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There's usually at least one 6920 here in Haymarket.

Not sure how much purchasing at Walmart is a requirement for you, but there are some pretty nice deals out there if you look.  FYI, last week DSG had a $200 coupon and the 6920 was $899.

It's $1099 now: http://dsgarms.com/co6920  (left cold)

You can verify these yourself, but availability and pricing is great these days (but I have no cash at the moment, of course )...
http://dsgarms.com/rifle-platforms-ar15-colt
http://www.slickguns.com/product/colt-model-6720-lightweight-16-carbine

Good luck!
View Quote

Actually, I would rather not give any money to walmart, but I know they almost always have the colts in stock somewhere, and pretty cheap compared to gun shows or shops near me.
That DSG price is good! (even without the coupon) I guess the only drawback is adding in shipping and FFL fees, and I can't look it over in person before I buy.
The more I think about it, I should try finding it somewhere besides walmart..
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Would you buy it now?

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:38:20 AM EDT
[#39]
fwiw, as of yesterday, the  Williamsburg walmart = no ARs in stock (don't think they ever have them) and a pitiful small pile of tula .223 at $5.98 a box.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If your Walmart has an FFL, ask for the UPC catalog.  Find the product number and special order it.   Maybe they don't do that anymore, but back when Fair Lakes had an FFL it was how I was going to get a couple Marlin 22s (they then dropped their FFL, and I ended up ordering them via VA Arms).   No sense in traveling around to different Walmarts, when you might be able to ask the closest store to have one shipped to them.
View Quote

No surprise here:  the Tyson's Corner Walmart lacks both Colts and the FFL needed to sell them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Would you buy it now?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hyfiag.jpg
View Quote

Probably, if I didn't already spend my gun money for the month (more like a few months) on a Springfield MC Operator and a Leupold Mark 6 1-6x..
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Probably, if I didn't already spend my gun money for the month (more like a few months) on a Springfield MC Operator and a Leupold Mark 6 1-6x..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would you buy it now?

I don't know man, 5.53?  

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't know man, 5.53?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would you buy it now?

I don't know man, 5.53?  

Super rare!

Man, at least you guys got guns!  None of the WallyWorlds in PWC or Stafford even have 10/22's!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top