Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2014 5:30:38 PM EDT

Is there anyone in the Richmond/Colonial Heights area that does SBR engraving?  I'd like to be able to have the work done and pick it up on the same day if possible.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 2:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
There is an hk builder (tsc machine) out past kings dominion who did the engraving on my clone. He did a fine job, but I don't think I would take an ar lower to him since he claimed he would have to have the lower be completely stripped down to do the engraving.  Seems like extra work to me, but he has a very cool shop to look around.

I never contacted them, but my second choice was going to be tba suppressors. I believe I remember reading reviews of them doing engraving for people also.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 2:54:47 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.tscmachine.com/

He's near Kings Dominion and is the closest to Richmond that I would recommend.  Expensive but will do it while you wait.  

Edit:  6gunsal is right,  tscmachine does require a completely stripped receiver.  He also will only engrave on the side if the magwell or above the the trigger pins.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Thanks.  I'll take a look at TBA.

I've got the trigger out of the reciever, but it don't really feel like taking everything off just to get it engraved.  Doesn't seem like it should be necessary....

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.tscmachine.com/

He's near Kings Dominion and is the closest to Richmond that I would recommend.  Expensive but will do it while you wait.  

Edit:  6gunsal is right,  tscmachine does require a completely stripped receiver.  He also will only engrave on the side if the magwell or above the the trigger pins.

View Quote

I'm a third that has used him.

He uses an old pantograph machine, and it's limited in what can be clamped in.  I bet it was originally made to do flat trophy plate engraving. Better to take a stripped lower than show up with something that won't fit.  I took my 7.62 Krink in as stripped as I could get it, and it was still a big hassle getting clamped in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top