Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2014 3:30:44 AM EDT
I'll be driving from Charlotte to NY today for a contract job starting tomorrow, and happened to notice the storms hitting the area today.  I was hoping to get some local weather and road reports for the trip along the way.  
It's looking like driving North of Roanoke is going to get a bit tough here shortly....

Thanks in advance

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Light cold rain near Blacksburg right now. Looks like it gets colder and crappier the closer you get to 66.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
DC area has a couple of inches of wet sloppy stuff so far.  But I'm about 45 miles east of I81.

They are calling for 3-7 inches around Winchester.  VDOT is fairly good about keeping the interstates open, but you aren't going to be moving fast today.

VDOT has a pretty decent road reports web site:   http://www.511virginia.org/
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 5:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Vdot doesn't work well on my phone, and figured real world info can't hurt

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Be careful as you get into the most northern part of the state, most of the area got a bunch of sleet first, which the snow is now on top of.

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#5]
i'm in harrisonburg, cant see 81 from my apartment but we have about 4-6 inches on the ground right now
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks people.  It doesn't look good, im sitting in poplar camp waiting to see how or if the office can reschedule....  At least I can still be back for dinner

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#7]
VA DOT snow plow/road condition page (highway traffic cams included):

http://www.vdotplows.org/

good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top