Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2014 4:57:39 PM EDT
I figure I'll head up tomorrow.  Not too early, but maybe around lunch time.  Up at the Meadow Event Park at Doswell.  I need some IMR4895 for the .308/30.06 loads.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck! Powder is scarce these days!
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck! Powder is scarce these days!
View Quote

Might have a chance getting a rifle powder.   Any 4895 would be a pretty lofty goal but still easier then finding a lb of a medium burning pistol powder like Unique.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Not much in the way of powder.  None of the Richmond gun show reloading vendors were there.  Did see a lb. can of this or that, nothing I needed.

Primers (Wolf, CCI and another brand I can't remember) were running about $32 a thousand (should have got some of the CCI).  Used to be the Wolf and Tula primers were cheaper.  Not today.  Not at Doswell.

Lots of ARs and parts.  Lots of handguns.  Some ammo (didn't pay much attention to that other than to chuckle and shake my head at the $70 and $80 prices on a brick of .22 ammo.  Should have got a case of Wolf 7.62X39.  One guy was selling them for $235 each.  Not a bad price.  Tula was a bit cheaper but experience has shown me that Wolf shoots way better in my SIG556R and my brother's AK.

Saw SCAR lights, lots of AKs, lots of ARs, a few M1As, etc.

Didn't buy a darned thing but the tickets to get in.  Looking forward to the next Race Track show (used to look forward to the Show Place shows, but those are gone, probably for ever.)  I haven't been to the "new" show up at the Convention Center yet.

Went to Green Tops afterwards.  Saw more ARs, more SIG rifles and more reloading supplies that at the gun show.  Didn't buy anything there either.  They had an 8 lb. jug of IMR3031 (it never gave me the accuracy I wanted in my rifles), several of IMR 4350 and IMR 4831.  That's a good sign.  Oh, price was around $185 for a 8 lb. jug.  Not much in the way of pistol powders, at least none that I use.

Saw a neat little AR15 there.  I can't remember the brand, but it had an odd handguard (sort of triangular but metal, not plastic and it had finger like grooves along the lower corners).  Like I said, "light".  I know it was ligher than my 16" carbines.  If I can remember the brand I'll do some research on it.

Lots of .308 ARs, too.  DPMS, Ruger, Armalite, and some others.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Any ammo cans or good prices on Arsenal AKs?
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, looked "over" the AKs but didn't really check them out.

Hey, forgot to mention that Green Tops had a SIG 551 A1.  Nice looking rifle except for the price and the magazine issue.  One of these days I'd like to get my wife either a 556 or a 516.  She "confiscated" by 3.8" 9MM XDM so I'm not going to let her shoot my 556R.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any ammo cans......
View Quote

That's what I'd like to know if anyone has noticed at any recent RVA shows.

Saw on Va Gun Trader that someone had .50 cans for $10 each but.....not worth the round-trip miles to make the drive to 'the beach' from NK.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Not a lot of vendors at this show and don't remember any of the normal good vendors being there. Prices were higher then the RIR Show on most items. I am hoping Doswell show will improve, easier to get in and out of the show there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top