Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2014 5:45:25 AM EDT
So I recently moved to another part of VA, so My CCP has my old address.

From what I can Tell, I'm not required to change the address, but looking up on the VSP website, says the Fees cannot exceed $10 to change address.
Of Course I want to change the address, don't want any additional drama should something happen.

Anyways, Anyone done this before? Do I need to fill out a New Application, or Just Show up at Circuit Court Clerk?

Thanks,
Bo
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the same issue.  Moved from Culpeper County to Shenandoah.  I called the Culpeper county clerk, she said there is no requirement that you must change your address unless you want to pay the money to feel better about yourself.  Instead she just said to change it when you're up for renewal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like there is no Need, but they are telling me to go to my Old Jurisdiction.
I don't wanna drive an hour just for this... Ugh

You are not required to change the address on your permit.  If requested to show your CWP, you would also produce the change of address on your drivers license.
If you desire to have your permit updated with the new address, you must make that request at the Clerks office of Loudoun County.  You will need to check with them to see what they require as proof.  Fee is $10.

Frederick Co Circuit Court

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#3]
That's the procedure, though.  If you want an updated permit you'll need to do it through the circuit court which issued it.  Bummer, I know.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you changing over your license?

Is there a requirement no, if you want to use it as a form of ID to purchase a gun the address has to match your other ID's.
So if you use your drivers license and carry permit, the address has to match.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, Already Changed License

I did purchase a Gun Recently, and they did not match (DL & CCP), luckily i had my Car registration in the car.

After More Research, Loudoun County Allows me to mail in the Application, called a  "Duplicate Permit" Form
So I now have everything filled out ready to mail, Still just need a Notary, I'll be off to my bank later to get that, and i should be all set.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Driver's license and voter registration are a good combo.
You should have both anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top