Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2014 11:53:37 AM EDT

I may need some help tuning a notch duplexer I picked up...

My plan was/is to tune it using either a watt meter or my rtl-sdr's spectrum analyzer.  This is proving more difficult than I'd anticipated.

Anyone with a spectrum analyzer with a tracking generator would be a WONDERFUL help!

Please?

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a ham, but I haven't touched a piece of RF test equipment in decades (wattmeters don't count).

Try contact one of the RARC  members (Richmond Amateur Radio Club) at link and see if they can't point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Worth a shot, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You know we have a Ham Forum here at ArfCom, right? **ETA: Never mind, just stumbled across your post over there.

For local help, I'd suggest getting on the repeaters around Richmond and asking around:

145.1100-
 146.8800- 74.4
 146.9400- 74.4
 147.2550+
 222.4200- 74.4
 443.7125+
 444.8500+ 114.8
 927.0500- 100.0
 927.0250- 100.0
 442.5500+ 74.4
 145.4300- 74.4

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#4]
join the Repaeter Builder's Technical Information Group.. buncha real good guys over there.
I garuntee there is a member in your area with the right gear and will help tune your filters.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

join the Repaeter Builder's Technical Information Group.. buncha real good guys over there.

I garuntee there is a member in your area with the right gear and will help tune your filters.

View Quote

I'm having a brain fart I suppose, but I don't see how to join that site...

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

way down the page.. click this link..
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/repeater-builder

Kevin and Scott run a great reflector...
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!  Joined and posted.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in NoVA  but have the equipment. Maybe could make a day trip in the near future?
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm in NoVA  but have the equipment. Maybe could make a day trip in the near future?
View Quote

Replied in the other thread before I saw this.

NoVA could be done on a weekend potentially.  A friends father is SUPPOSED to call me tomorrow with a lead on a local guy...  I'm not holding my breath though; friend is notorius for forgetting things.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

NoVA could be done on a weekend potentially.  A friends father is SUPPOSED to call me tomorrow with a lead on a local guy...  I'm not holding my breath though; friend is notorius for forgetting things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After this reply, I'll keep it in the other thread, but yes, if that falls through, let me know and we can work something out.  It's a shame I didn't know sooner.  A bunch of us were down at the raceway for the hamfest/gunshow a few weeks ago!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top