Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 4:41:50 PM EDT
Have had an itch to get my hands on this stuff , wondering if anyone would be nice enough to ship some over to NY
Is anyone  merry enough to help out? I can PayPal

Sorry didn't know where to post this help ad, figured why not in Virginia
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't ship booze person to person. It's watered down crap anyhow.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I work for the Virginia ABC. I've never seen it in our store, but I'll check our products list and see if it's available. We've got some of Junior Johnson's stuff, as well as Georgia Moon and Virginia Lightning. We've also got some high-dollar stuff from Copper Fox distillery in Sperryville, and from Catoctin Creek distillery in Purcellville.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Found an online retailer actually ! sweet and shipping isn't an arm or a leg
Thanks guys for the help. Anyone have an recommendations between ole smoky and firefly shine ?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys for the help. Anyone have an recommendations between ole smoky and firefly shine ?
View Quote

We sell a lot of the Old Smoky Cherry and Apple Pie.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thnx already have my eyes on those 2
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Just finnished off a quart of Old Smoky Apple Pie. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will the above mentioned product be on the shelf or special order around Hampton Roads?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Will the above mentioned product be on the shelf or special order around Hampton Roads?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check your local ABC store. They should have it. If not, ask them to call around to other stores. If none of the stores in your area have it, they can special order it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:31:56 AM EDT
[#9]
As an aside, if you put a couple of drops of Tabasco into the Firefly it makes a pretty good sipper.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:02:02 AM EDT
[#10]
This post is making me laugh & remember some old times.  I have some relatives in Franklin County VA (moonshine capital of the world) that may, or may not have been able to help you out a few years ago. I remember as a kid drinking moonshine with apricots stuffed in the bottle; (it was a big thing around here in the 80's).  It took a lot of the bite out & gave a little flavor.

BTW - you know you are a redneck when the word "moonshine" brings back good memories...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:18:54 AM EDT
[#11]
If you go to his website, it clearly shows VA is NOT on the distribution list. they call that a clue.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#12]
reply i recieved from tim smiths website
 "We're selling Tim Smith's Original Climax Moonshine in GA, SC, TN, WV, DE,
MD/DC and NC, with more states to follow in the coming months, PA and OH
next.  The store locations are listed on our website.

ALSO, you can purchase merchandise in our store on our website now.  We're
not selling moonshine, yet, but hats, shirts, etc.  Check it out:
http://climaxmoonshine.com

While you are waiting for Tim Smith's Climax Moonshine to be available in
your state, you may order a bottle by emailing [email protected]
or calling Jeff at Sea Pines Liquor Store in South Carolina at 828.808.3426.

Also keep an eye on Facebook and Twitter!

Thanks for your interest!!"

I found it odd that hes from virginia, and they dont even offer it there hmmmmm...... any how I picked up some midnight Moon strawberry 100 proof and apple pie 70 proof   SO FAR so good  :)   real good
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I wonder why not VA? He is selling in the rest of the Mid-Atlantic. I wonder if the ABC board has hurt feelings over the moonshiner's show.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

BTW - you know you are a redneck when the word "moonshine" brings back good memories...
View Quote

Guilty as charged.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder why not VA? He is selling in the rest of the Mid-Atlantic. I wonder if the ABC board has hurt feelings over the moonshiner's show.
View Quote

I'd almost bet money on it , they were supposed to be pretty upset by their portrayal in the first season.  Besides the VABC is pretty much the buck stops there for any approval and there's not much of an appeal process.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm really sorry, but am I the only one looking at this and laughing? Moonshine on the shelves...yeah, sure.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't think so. Va ABC has about a half-dozen different kinds of"moonshine" on the shelves now.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm really sorry, but am I the only one looking at this and laughing? Moonshine on the shelves...yeah, sure.
View Quote

Nope, you're not.  Hell my mom called me the other day asking if I'd like her to grab a bottle of "moonshine" from the ABC store for next time I visit (first time she's seen it).  

The best part I think is that they have to subtitle the guys on the show.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Guilty as charged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guilty as charged.

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nope, you're not.  Hell my mom called me the other day asking if I'd like her to grab a bottle of "moonshine" from the ABC store for next time I visit (first time she's seen it).  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, why do they do that? They talk just fine, even old Jim Tom. Then the subtitle isn't exact either.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, good. I was beginning to wonder about some folks.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:21:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked her if she knew how many of my friends live in coal country, she said a lot, I left it at that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top