Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2012 4:53:56 PM EDT
is there a website where I can run a serial number to see if a firearm is stolen ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
is there a website where I can run a serial number to see if a firearm is stolen ?

Nope, but if you go down to the local PD an officer can run it for you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
when i worked at a gun shop a call to the local pd always took care of it
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 2:49:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Even the police can't tell you much, due to incomplete data bases and so on.  A funny story though, at our pawn shop we upload every transaction to Leads Online, so the police can scan for stolen property.  We got a revolver in 2 months ago and the next day got a call from a sheriff in a southwest Florida county- it was one of their guns at one time, stolen about 12 years ago!

He had the local police come by and verify the serial number and closed his case on it.  No other action.  I was impressed they use the information we upload.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top