Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/13/2012 4:22:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GlockSlap]
As you add them below, I will place them in the OP.  
Please list station name, and physical address for the station that sells non-ethanol fuel (and grade, which will be higlighted).
Also, please no discussions here, just fuel stations.  
I'll start:

1.  LIBERTY
1333 Berryville Ave
Winchester, VA
87 Octane
NOTE: There are two Liberty stations within a block or so on Berryville Avenue. The station with the ethanol-free gas in the one right next to the Five Guys

2. Burley's Market
14074 Wards Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
90 Octane

3. Phillips Energy
2586 George Washington Highway
Hayes, VA 23072

4. LIBERTY
507 N. Royal Ave
Front Royal VA

5. Pure  CLOSED ?
812 Greenville Ave
Staunton VA 24401
Mid grade and Super

6. Southern States
650 Lee Jackson Hwy
Staunton VA 24401
All grades

7. LIBERTY
321 W. Washington Street
Charles Town, WV 25414
87 Octane

8. Jordan Springs Market
741 Jordan Springs Road
Stephenson, VA 22656
87 Octane
(last time I stopped in here, the owner said he was working on getting higher octane Ethanol free fuel)

9, Spirit
912 East 3rd St.
Farmville, VA 23901
90 Octane

10.  Mitchells Market
2487 Cumberland Rd. (Route 45)
Between Farmville and Cumberland Courthouse
87 Octane

11.  RM Wilkerson BP
301 Carson Road,
Carson, VA 23830
87 Octane

12. JB Jones
1823 Blackridge Road
La Crosse, VA 23950
93 Octane

13. Pearce Mini Mart
210 N Main Street
La Crosse, VA 23950
93 Octane
CASH ONLY

14. Brink Store
6383 Brink Rd
Emporia VA 23847
87 or 90.5 Octane Depending
CASH ONLY

15.Adkins Oil
21442 Webster Rd
Allingdale, WV 26205

Thats the address I found but if you Google Map it shows the station in the wrong place. It's about half way between Cottle and Camden, but you can't miss it driving by it's down in the huge dip beside the road near the garage and auto parts store.

16. LG Warrens Store
Hwy 47 a few miles west of South Hill Va
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I will go there in Sept and I will make sure I fill up there.  I love the 20+mpg my Nissan Titan gets from non ethanol gas.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Lynchburg

Burley's Market

14074 Wards Road

Lynchburg, VA 24502

(434)237-1771

Link Posted: 8/13/2012 3:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rc109a] [#4]
Phillips Energy
2586 George Washington Highway
Hayes, VA 23072
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 9:02:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hoplophile] [#5]
Liberty in Front Royal (507 N. Royal Ave) has regular octane real gas in addition to E10 regular and E10 mid grade.  The real gas is a little more expensive than the E10 and they have no high octane gas at all.

Originally Posted By Bubbles:
http://pure-gas.org/

http://www.buyrealgas.com/

Until they expand their listings to include details about exactly what is offered at the stations, those sites worthless to me and to anybody else with a vehicle that requires high octane gas.  Worse than worthless if the station did like Liberty and put the real gas nozzle in place of premium because we have to settle for lower octane than the engine is supposed to be getting.  

This thread can be useful, if people will include a description of what real gas is available at these stations.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 9:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Panta_Rei] [#6]
Originally Posted By Hoplophile:
Liberty in Front Royal (507 N. Royal Ave) has regular octane real gas in addition to E10 regular and E10 mid grade.  The real gas is a little more expensive than the E10 and they have no high octane gas at all.

Originally Posted By Bubbles:
http://pure-gas.org/

http://www.buyrealgas.com/

Until they expand their listings to include details about exactly what is offered at the stations, those sites worthless to me and to anybody else with a vehicle that requires high octane gas.  Worse than worthless if the station did like Liberty and put the real gas nozzle in place of premium because we have to settle for lower octane than the engine is supposed to be getting.  

This thread can be useful, if people will include a description of what real gas is available at these stations.

I'm not sure what more you want.  Puregas.org is a great site and lists the octanes.  They are also quite responsive, I sent them an update that they made within an hour of notice.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2012 3:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Pure

812 Greenville Ave

Staunton VA 24401

Mid grade and Super are ethanol free

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Southern States

650 Lee Jackson Hwy

Staunton VA 24401

All grades ethanol free

Link Posted: 8/14/2012 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By leadnbrass:
Pure

812 Greenville Ave

Staunton VA 24401

Mid grade and Super are ethanol free

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Southern States

650 Lee Jackson Hwy

Staunton VA 24401

All grades ethanol free

I'll have to remember that.  I'm planning on coming up in a few weeks and seeing some ol' highschool classmates and their famililes for the day.
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 8:40:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dan-P] [#9]
Liberty
321 W. Washington Street
Charles Town, WV  25414
Ethanol-free: 87 octane only

Jordan Springs Market
741 Jordan Springs Road
Stephenson, VA  22656
Ethanol-free: 87 octane only
(last time I stopped in here, the owner said he was working on getting higher octane Ethanol free fuel)

Dan.
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Of course nothing in NOVA...
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't feel bad, not much in Southern WV either and everyone has ATV's and SXS's that shouldn't be running with corn gas.
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 1badf350:

You can thank the EPA for that. IIRC, there is some sort of federal regulation that requires the use of ethanol additives in certain "metropolitan statistical areas", of which the DC area is one. Same with the emissions inspection. All the counties & cities in NOVA require it, but if you get out in the Winchester area, it's not required.

Link Posted: 8/14/2012 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#13]
There's a Liberty in Woodstock, but it's not on the list.

BTW, this is completely unrelated, but does anyone have a good lead on a "lenient" vehicle inspection place?
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By grimhollow:
Lynchburg

Burley's Market
14074 Wards Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
(434)237-1771

90 octane only.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you guys think this warrants a sticky?  If so, can one of you email a mod you know?
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Farmville/Cumberland

Spirit

912 East 3rd St.

Farmville, VA 23901

90 octane

Mitchells Market

2487 Cumberland Rd.  (Route 45)

Between Farmville and Cumberland Courthouse

87 octane

Link Posted: 8/15/2012 9:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Panta_Rei] [#17]
Originally Posted By GlockSlap:
Do you guys think this warrants a sticky?  If so, can one of you email a mod you know?

Probably not   Just browsing the stations and octane appear listed on the puregas.org website.   Also that site is very quick to update if necessary.  Seems more logical to go with a more comprehensive dedicated website than to waste bandwith and have sucky format here in attempts to recreate the wheel.

Link Posted: 8/16/2012 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By torzoi:
I will go there in Sept and I will make sure I fill up there.  I love the 20+mpg my Nissan Titan gets from non ethanol gas.

Dang that would be a jump for my Titan.  I get roughly 15 mpg.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 4:45:08 AM EDT
[#19]
FYI boys, this is on the list of important threads.  Please keep letting me know of more, and I will keep adding them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 4:20:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBT] [#20]
Here's the problem:

There are six mandatory ethanol states, Minnesota, Missouri, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and Florida. Montana and Pennsylvania have untriggered mandatory E10 laws. The ethanol law in Washington is not an E10 law, it is a volumetric law, 2% of the total gallons pumped must be ethanol, this is similar to the federal RFS mandate.

Mandatory state ethanol blending laws have been superseded by the federal RFS mandate in the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA 2007) which now affects every state, not just the six with mandatory blending law states. (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-110hr6enr/pdf/BILLS-110hr6enr.pdf)

The RFS mandates of EISA are overseen by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The EPA has complete jurisdiction over the law.
EISA 2007 is NOT a mandatory E10 law, E10 is never mentioned in the act. It is a corporate welfare act for E85 disguised as a volumetric law, every year more and more ethanol must be blended into gasoline in America.

EISA 2007  requires 9 billion gallons of ethanol be produced in 2008, and that goal was met. Ethanol production and blending must increase every year through 2022 when 36 billion gallons of ethanol must be produced. Corn ethanol can only grow to 15 billion gallons by 2015 but is not allowed to grow any more after that. Starting in 2010, 100 million gallons of cellulosic ethanol must be produced rising to 3 billion gallons by 2015 when corn ethanol increases cease. After that all of the annual increases demanded by EISA 2007 must be cellulosic ethanol.

By the end of 2012 ethanol production will be able to take every gallon of gasoline produced in the US to E10, even though EISA 2007 is not a mandatory E10 law. After that all of the ethanol will have to be E85 or a mix of other ethanol levels higher than E10, i.e. E20, E30, E50, etc. As of today only Flex-Fuel vehicles can use ethanol blends higher than E10. It is against federal law to run a higher blend than E10 in a non Flex-Fuel car.

Ethanol is blended into gasoline at the distribution terminal. It is not blended during the refining process. So far blended gasoline is not shipped through gasoline pipelines because of corrosion problems. That is the excuse given by the pipeline owners; I don't know if it is true, but they own the pipelines and they make the rules. In order to induce terminals to install new infrastructure to blend ethanol, i.e. tanks and injection equipment, the federal government gives the blender a $0.45 / gallon of ethanol blended federal gasoline excise tax credit, as of today. That amounts to about a $5.7 billion tax break this year, way more than any other environmental tax break.

Once a terminal has installed the infrastructure, it behooves the terminal economically to make as much E10 as possible and take all of the gasoline stations that they serve E10 as soon as possible. It is also economically attractive right now to blend as much ethanol as possible, because ethanol is cheaper than gasoline, but there is no guarantee that that will be the case in the future. Don't ever forget that gasoline is an international commodity that is subject to the whims of the commodities futures market, but ethanol is an agricultural commodity, subject to all the whims of mother nature and the commodities futures markets.

So far there has been no obvious economic incentive for the refinery. But it is built in, if hidden. Once all of the terminals in the geographic area served by a refinery go E10, the refinery can retune the production process to make "suboctane" blending gasoline with a lower AKI rating which costs less to refine. For 87 AKI regular gasoline, the refinery can make 84 AKI blending product, usually referred to as 84 cBOB (conventional Blendstock for Oxygenated Blending).

Since blending ethanol at 10% or higher raises the Anti Knock Index (AKI) by more than 3 points, refineries can produce and ship 84 AKI BOB (Blendstock for Oxygenated Blending) for regular unleaded E10 blending. This is already happening in Oregon. They can also ship 89-90 AKI BOB for premium unleaded blending. Suboctane gasoline generally costs less to produce. BOB is not necessarily legal gasoline that can be sold at retail.
Unleaded auto gas, defined by ASTM D-4814, without ethanol is an approved aviation fuel. No state can pass an ethanol blending law that affects fuel service on an airport. However if premium unleaded is taken suboctane, there will be no no 91+ AKI unleaded gasoline made, which is required for 100 HP Rotax LSA engines and Petersen high compression STCs.

Because of the blenders incentive and the requirement of EISA 2007 to blend ethanol into all gasoline everywhere, terminals are being forced into adding ethanol injection infrastructure. Once they do that they have a tremendous incentive to blend as much ethanol, up to 10% as they can, and the refineries are pressuring them to do it so they can change to suboctane BOB production. Also, I'll bet that the refineries have figured out that a large proportion of cars take a mileage hit greater than 10% when they have to use E10, and now the gasoline companies are actually selling more gasoline than before E10 was implemented. So much for energy independence.

Ethanol mandates are a hidden tax, state and federal. Ethanol always reduces mileage. Every state collects the taxes on the amount of fuel you buy. You have to buy more fuel when ethanol is mandated, therefor you pay more tax.

There is a way for an oil company to buy their way out of their blending shortfall. It is called a RIN. This is where ethanol blending gets very complicated. It is a style of cap and trade system. Suffice it to say it is the darling of the futures and derivatives markets, and you know where they have taken our economy.

http://e0pc.com

Here is a list of all of the petroleum terminals in Virginia, with their addresses:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/tcn_db.pdf
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By conductor:

You can thank the EPA for that. IIRC, there is some sort of federal regulation that requires the use of ethanol additives in certain "metropolitan statistical areas", of which the DC area is one. Same with the emissions inspection. All the counties & cities in NOVA require it, but if you get out in the Winchester area, it's not required.

Ethanol additives are not mandated, just oxygenated gasoline.
Groundwater contamination scares and the State of California's ban of the substance as a gasoline additive has allowed ethanol to displace methyl tert(iary)-butyl ether (MTBE) as the most popular fuel oxygenate in the United States.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GlockSlap:
As you add them below, I will place them in the OP.  
Please list station name, and physical address for the station that sells non-ethanol fuel (and grade, which will be higlighted).
Also, please no discussions here, just fuel stations.  
I'll start:

1.  LIBERTY
1333 Berryville Ave, Winchester, VA
87 Octane Only

I bought gas there today. I filled up my Jeep and two gas cans that I use for my mower and other power equipment. Regular gas with 10% ethanol was $3.559, and the ethanol-free gas (87 octane) was $3.659. I bought just a hair under 14 1/2 gallons for $60.

NOTE: There are two Liberty stations within a block or so on Berryville Avenue. The station with the ethanol-free gas in the one right next to the Five Guys.

Link Posted: 8/20/2012 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#23]
So a majority of the country is in a major drought. Including most if not all of the region that grows a majority of our corn. So do we think Obama will tell the EPA to lighten up on ethanol for the next year? Thus allowing more corn to go to food production?

Yeah right, just after he quits shutting down coal mines.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:25:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the heads up Conductor, glad it worked out for you.

And Mike, please, this is not a political discussion?  I appreciate it.

MD
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 5:07:54 AM EDT
[#25]
TTT

Anything else to add?
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 12:45:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brickeyee] [#26]
So far blended gasoline is not shipped through gasoline pipelines because of corrosion problems. That is the excuse given by the pipeline owners; I don't know if it is true, but they own the pipelines and they make the rules.

Different mixes are separated in the pipelines by water.

The same line may be used for gasoline, jetA, diesel, etc.

A blob of water is introduced into the pipe to keep the items from mixing.

The water is actually sensed and used to tell what is in the pipe at various delivery locations.

Gasoline with ethanol will absorb the water and then proceed to contaminate whatever is in front of or behind it in the pipeline.

The ethanol goes by railroad (and some truck) in bulk to the local gasoline tank farms for blending into the fuel.

For newer cars with engine computers it does not do anything to reduce emissions.
they already have oxygen sensors and control the mixture by sensing the exhaust.

Even newer cars have two oxygen sensors on each side of the catalytic converter.

A 'smog check' can be reduced to reading the error codes set by the two sensors.

Since the computer also keeps track of how long it has been running without a reset, in Virgina there is a minimum time for the computer to have been running to get a 'pass' on the smog check.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hawk_308] [#27]
Here let me bump the list up a bit
RM Wilkerson BP

87 Non Eth

301 Carson Road Carson, VA 23830
JB Jones

93 Non eth

1823 Blackridge Road La Crosse, VA 23950
Pearce mini mart

93 non eth

210 N Main Street

La Crosse, VA 23950

cash only
Brink Store

87 or 90.5  non eth depending on supplier

6383 Brink Rd

Emporia VA 23847

cash only

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Anything new to add?
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Blue run grocery ethanol free gas outside of stanardsville va on 33
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Big Hole, Wyoming at the only gas station for 40 some miles. Pay after you pump, if you pull a drive off be prepared to be shot(at) according to the clerk.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#31]
don't DO that !!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Adkins Oil
21442 Webster Rd
Allingdale, WV 26205

Thats the address I found but if you Google Map it shows the station in the wrong place. It's about half way between Cottle and Camden, but you can't miss it driving by it's down in the huge dip beside the road near the garage and auto parts store.

Sorry but don't know what grade(s), was driving by the other day and saw the big non-ethanol sign, I'll try to stop by there next time I'm that way and then edit my post to let you know.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:09:47 AM EDT
[#33]
TTT.  We may have covered it all.  Hope it has been found helpful!
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#34]
The PURE station in Harrioisonburg on 33 looks like it is closed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JBT:
Originally Posted By conductor:

Ethanol additives are not mandated, just oxygenated gasoline.
Groundwater contamination scares and the State of California's ban of the substance as a gasoline additive has allowed ethanol to displace methyl tert(iary)-butyl ether (MTBE) as the most popular fuel oxygenate in the United States.

That does not change the fact that the whole mess was driven by the EPA, and does not do anything for newer cars.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Missed one

LG Warrens Store

Hwy 47 a few miles west of south hill Va
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gpzchris1] [#37]
Duke oil co
628 louisa ave
mineral va 23117

87 and 92 oct
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Circle K
14981 Eltham Rd,
Lanexa, VA 23089

unsure of octane

exit 220 on Int 64 in New Kent
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gdvan01:
Circle K
14981 Eltham Rd,
Lanexa, VA 23089

unsure of octane

exit 220 on Int 64 in New Kent
View Quote

Just found that one recently myself.  It's the lone pump by the truck diesel pumps, 87 octane.
Note - have to pay inside, no card reader on the pump.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:17:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K2enemy] [#40]
Liberty Station 3250 North Franklin Street Christiansburg, VA 24073

Used to be a crappy BP. They offer 100% ethanol free for whatever 87 octane goes for + 20 cents per gallon. Currently they only have 100% ethanol free in 87.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:39:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glarus] [#41]
Charlottesville Oil Co - WOCO
2839 Ivy Rd, Charlottesville VA

Not too far from VA Tractor.

It's not really a gas station, it's an old station run by a nice older couple I think, and it doesn't look like it's in business. But they have 87, cash or credit IIRC. Haven't been there in a while. The actual business there is fuel, but for the most part not retail. If you think you've pulled into the wrong place, you haven't.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Gpzchris1:

Duke oil co

628 louisa ave

mineral va 23117

87 and 90 oct
View Quote

Went here today. 87 and 93 ethanol free. Thanks for the info!

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By quick1911:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By quick1911:
Originally Posted By Gpzchris1:
Duke oil co
628 louisa ave
mineral va 23117

87 and 90 oct

Went out of my way and picked up 10 gallons there a few days ago to prep the generators for the winter.   87  was $3.50 per gallon, not too bad.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#44]
liberty station
710 port republic road
Harrisonburg va 22801
87 octane i believe
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Worth noting that Pure Gas has an app.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By K2enemy:

Used to be a crappy BP. They offer 100% ethanol free for whatever 87 octane goes for + 20 cents per gallon. Currently they only have 100% ethanol free in 87.

View Quote

How long has that one been open? Had a guy at work telling me about just a couple days ago, I didn't realize it was up and going.

Another one not on the list here  is the Pure Station in Fairlawn (Radford) on Rt 11 across from Krogers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:41:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K2enemy] [#47]

Originally Posted By VaMountainMan:
How long has that one been open? Had a guy at work telling me about just a couple days ago, I didn't realize it was up and going.
Another one not on the list here  is the Pure Station in Fairlawn (Radford) on Rt 11 across from Krogers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VaMountainMan:
Originally Posted By K2enemy:

About 2-3 months. I use to avoid it like the plague when it was the junky BP but it's really nice now. I've started to only use their pure gasoline in my truck and gas-powered lawn equipment.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#48]
just wanted to let you guys know duke oil in mineral is down to 2.639 today. still a little higher than ethanol but prices are falling.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1astrsk] [#49]
Liberty gas station, 90 Reliance Rd. Middletown, Va.22645 Actually at 81 and 66, just north of 66,  and Middletown exit on left heading to Middletown, had reg gas. cost 2.50 gal.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top