Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Wont be buying from them ever again. Won't even stop to look at their table at the gun show. Long story, bottom line is they gave my wife a ration and so I intend to repay them by denying them funds and convincing others to do likewise.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Wont be buying from them ever again. Won't even stop to look at their table at the gun show. Long story, bottom line is they gave my wife a ration and so I intend to repay them by denying them funds and convincing others to do likewise.
View Quote

They gave your wife a what?

I have never bought anything from them because they seem to have some of the higher prices at the gun shows. Their NFA stuff is way over priced.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a G26 from their used guns pretty cheaply (less than blue label) about two weeks ago, and they were fine for that...

They seem to be super busy every time I go in the shop.   They tend to have what I want "RIGHT NOW" in stock, even if it's a few bucks more than online, so they're my go-to for gifts and stuff that for some reason I need immediately.

And used Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By west2746:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Long story, bottom line is they gave my wife a ration and so I intend to repay them by denying them funds and convincing others to do likewise.

Yeah, I've been following this for the answer as well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 3:42:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#5]
I'd like to hear from some of the members who were around when this thread started:  paging

Tackleberry1145
88_Sahara
CBR900
C45P312
Vans
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Lowcash:

View All Quotes
Long story, bottom line is they gave my wife a ration and so I intend to repay them by denying them funds and convincing others to do likewise.

Ration. As in, ration of $hit. Sorry, thought that was a commonly used expression. Obviously not. I must be old.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
I'd like to hear from some of the members who were around when this thread started:  paging

Tackleberry1145
88_Sahara
CBR900
C45P312
Vans
View Quote

They continue to be overpriced, I give gun shops I don't care for a try every once in a while in hopes they turn around and want some of my business.  SSG continues their mediocrity in my eyes.  And that one stunt was really bad.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Ration. As in, ration of $hit. Sorry, thought that was a commonly used expression. Obviously not. I must be old.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By 21BoomCBTENGR:
They continue to be overpriced, I give gun shops I don't care for a try every once in a while in hopes they turn around and want some of my business.  SSG continues their mediocrity in my eyes.  And that one stunt was really bad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 21BoomCBTENGR:

Tackleberry1145

88_Sahara

CBR900

C45P312

Vans

I'm 88_Sahara, had my username changed, anyhow I don't live in Fredericksburg anymore, but I do stop in just to see what they have if I have time whenever I visit family. Kurt still gives off a wierdo vibe, but they do have a wide selection along with some ridiculous prices. My $15 circle 21 5.45 AK mag was the only deal I've ever gotten there, but I haven't bought a firearm or receiver from "them" since they were still Red Onyx, which was a different entity but some of the same staff.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tackleberry1145] [#10]

Tackleberry1145
88_Sahara
CBR900
C45P312
Vans
View Quote

I've been off arfcom for about a year, just wandered back in.

I just picked up a G19 from them without any hassle.  Went back a few days later and bought 2 used G19 mags @$20 a piece, both were in pretty good shape.

The rest of the pricing seems about on par with other shops, the caveat being I didn't see any of the $500 ar15s that Greentop had out recently.

Dunno what else to say.  The internet is good for people bitching about stuff.  The whole thing where an apparent store employee got on here and was playing games was stupid, but I won't fault a business owner for an employees stupidity.  I seriously doubt Doug would condone such behavior.

I've sent people to SSG over the last couple of years for things, mags, guns, etc.  Other than the wife of a friend saying she felt like she was being blown off when looking for an in stock Eotech (several years ago during one of the 'panics') I have not had anyone come back and say they were treated poorly.

I can't comment on the salespeople they have now, because honestly I don't deal with em.  I knew I wanted a G19, so I went in and bought one.  I can say that I have never been in there and been talked down to or ignored.

TL/DR:  Every gun shop has it's morons.   Owners should weed them out.  This poster hasn't been cornholed by this dealer, so he is ok with them.

eta:  I try and support local/brick and mortar business when I can.  I could have saved some bucks by going to Richmond for the G19, but chose to spend my $$ @ SSG.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:14:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#11]
I don't even glance at their tables at Dulles.  Based on my admittedly limited experience with them, they are not an educated buyer's friend.

$20 for used G19 mags in "pretty good" shape?  Yeah, you just made my point.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I used them last month to transfer 2 complete lowers from PSA.  In and out, 10 minutes.  Asked if I needed help as I wandered around waiting for the background to clear.  Seemed courteous enough.  Didn't talk to anyone other than the one lady since she was processing my paperwork.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I purchased a handgun and 2 cans from them in the last 2 weeks. Bobby sold me everything and was cool to talk to. I asked about NFA wait times and he told me with 41F approaching he would not hazard a guess for turn around.
There were 2 ladies that handled all of the paperwork and both were polite and offered chit chat while the paperwork was being completed. I expected to have to come back to sign my form 4 on the second can but, i was told if i wanted to hang out a few minutes Doug would get it done. About 20 minutes later I signed and left the store.

There prices can be high on stuff but, i wanted to beat 41F and they had the stuff in stock, to me it was worth the higher price.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
I don't even glance at their tables at Dulles.  Based on my admittedly limited experience with them, they are not an educated buyer's friend.

View Quote

Ok, where else in Fredericksburg can you buy used G19 mags at all?  Even if I had said they were in spectacular shape you would have found fault with the price.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tackleberry1145:

Ok, where else in Fredericksburg can you buy used G19 mags at all?  Even if I had said they were in spectacular shape you would have found fault with the price.  

View All Quotes

I find fault with the price, you can get brand new ones for $20 during sales.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cone256:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cone256:

Which is nice when you don't want them 'right now' and can wait for one of those sales to pop up.  Hard to beat getting the item I want at a price I am willing to pay, about 15 minutes from my house.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top