Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it preferable to mount the front of your sling on the underside of your rifle or is the side OK? I can do either on my AR but I want to be set up correctly when I arrive Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Tojan19,

Sorry I didn't see this before last weekend. I know you've already got that sling question covered.

I hope you and everyone else had as good of a weekend as the Instructors did. The C2 Range is a really nice place.

Did you make Rifleman? I think you did but all the names and faces I may be wrong, it has happened before.

We'll be having an Appleseed in Montpelier in August and then in Buckingham in September so check the Appleseed Site out and get registered.

You should have an email Tojan, if not let me know.

Thanks,

FirefighterEd
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunetly I just missed Rifleman with a 206. I only attended Saturday though so I probably could have made it the next day. I blew the first two targets on the forth stage. Only ones I screwed up. I had a great time and learned a lot. I've got the wife convinced to come to one of the next ones with me. Hopefully I'll get the BIL to come also.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
hello all, I would like to first thank all of the instructors out there this past weekend at C2, also the owner and staff of C2.  I was out there with my daughter Jessica, we were towards the end of the right side of the line.  She had  a great time, even though she got a little frustrated not getting Rifleman, she did shoot a 175 Sharpshooter!!  I don't think there was a person out there that was more proud than me, I don't think that I will have to worry about her when she gets a little older.  Her boyfriends might, but if they see her shoot, I think they will have enough to worry about with her and not so much me.  

If my ship is in port for the November shoot, I will probably be bringing my son Chris and daughter Jessica, Chris said that he wished he could go and Jessica wants her own patch.  I was fortunate enough to have shot a 229 and was presented my Rifleman patch.  

Thanks again to all the instructors out there, you guys rock and I hope to be joining up with you to help pass on the knowledge.  I will be trying to work around my schedule between now and december to try to do what I can before I deploy again.  

I will also agree with about everything posted above, WATER, sunscreen, WATER, shooting mat/carpet, WATER, folding camp chair WITH UMBRELLA, WATER......etc.  But I would have to say the most important thing is the learning attitude, you gotta have it or you will just be out there wasting ammo and sweating your ass off.

To all again, thank you and I will see you out there again.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank Chris,

Jessica really did well. She improved so much in two days, it was really impressive. I know how bad she wanted to make Rifleman, you could see it in her eyes. I also noticed how you worked with her so closely, even not shooting a few times to help her. That's what good Dad's do and my hat's off to you for first bringing her and then being willing to sacrifice your trigger time to help your daughter!! She really improved once you convinced her that if she listened and got a good tight sling and position than her scores would be better. Good job Dad.

I hope you're in port so you can bring the rest of your family in November and Thank You and all the other active duty guys & gals for your service to our Great Country!!

Ed
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to Dick's at Lynnhaven Mall to have a look at a Marlin 795 and they were out.  Boy Scouts bought ten for a Summer Camp.  The price was $129.99.  I asked and recieved a rain check for this amount but the clerk said they were always that price.  He also said mags go really quick.  This is just a heads up for anyone looking for this rifle.  
I am planning to use my AR carbine with the 22 kit in November.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 1:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaFish] [#7]
Originally Posted By saigaswithcher:
hello all, I would like to first thank all of the instructors out there this past weekend at C2, also the owner and staff of C2.  I was out there with my daughter Jessica, we were towards the end of the right side of the line.  She had  a great time, even though she got a little frustrated not getting Rifleman, she did shoot a 175 Sharpshooter!!  I don't think there was a person out there that was more proud than me, I don't think that I will have to worry about her when she gets a little older.  Her boyfriends might, but if they see her shoot, I think they will have enough to worry about with her and not so much me.  

If my ship is in port for the November shoot, I will probably be bringing my son Chris and daughter Jessica, Chris said that he wished he could go and Jessica wants her own patch.  I was fortunate enough to have shot a 229 and was presented my Rifleman patch.  

Thanks again to all the instructors out there, you guys rock and I hope to be joining up with you to help pass on the knowledge.  I will be trying to work around my schedule between now and december to try to do what I can before I deploy again.  

I will also agree with about everything posted above, WATER, sunscreen, WATER, shooting mat/carpet, WATER, folding camp chair WITH UMBRELLA, WATER......etc.  But I would have to say the most important thing is the learning attitude, you gotta have it or you will just be out there wasting ammo and sweating your ass off.

To all again, thank you and I will see you out there again.

Chris

Chris,

Layfette Gun Club has a Junior Air Rifle program.  IIRC it is open to all juniors not just club members.   If your wife could get your daughter over there to shoot a few times between now and November she should really do well on her Rifleman Qualification.

It looks like C2 also sponsors a 4H junior shooting program, I'm not familiar with that particular one, but it should also give your daughter some good trigger time.

My oldest daughter has been scaring the boys for years.  I don't have to make any threats to her boyfriends, they treat her very well.

That "BB" gun she's shooting is her ticket to an athletic scholarship in college.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top