Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 1/29/2009 2:27:53 PM EDT
Hello Gents:

Yes, I am an RSO/INST at SEG and no, I am not advertising for them.
I am just genuinely curious why some of you on our hometown forum do not shoot here.

If you have been here you can attest to how cool the place is and how cool we RSO's are. We are very accomodating and helpful and the retail area is chock full of goodies.

Is it the price?
Is it my breath?

Really, just for me, I personally want to know.

Link Posted: 1/29/2009 2:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmb_nova] [#1]
I'll be honest, I know NOTHING about Silver Eagle.  I don't even know where it is!

The NRA range is about 2 blocks from my house so I always end up there.  Having said that, I do wish there was a place around here where i could "stretch my legs" some.  Even 300yds would be good to go.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I go to Gilberts 10 mins from my house. Or to Blue Ridge.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Greetings Pomerol!  Good question!  

First off, I am there and I'm the RO running the USPSA shoots every third Wednesday (thanks to the NRA Hometown forum for letting me post announcements for the shoots).  So far, me & Jay (the SEG RSO running IDPA out there) have managed to sell every single shooting slot for all our competitions.  So the competitive shooters are there.

But, you are right, besides the competitive shooters, the general shooting population is not coming to SEG in as high numbers as they could.  

So, here are some reasons why everyone might want to give SEG a try:

-no waiting.  I have yet to ever see a wait list for any of the ranges. Even on weekends.

-similar cost to other area ranges.  An hour of 50 yard rifle shooting or pistol shooting is only $25.  Yearly cost is about the same as BRA.

-no membership required to just show up for hourly shooting.

-heated ranges with HEPA air filtration (NO airborn lead hazards from shooting at SEG)

-AR-15s in stock.  I counted at least 10 ARs on the wall last time - including a Noveske, a S&W M&P AR-15, a DPMS .308 AR10, at least 4 copies of the M4 by Bushmaster, an AR varmit rifle, a .450 Remington AR, and an AR by remington in camo pattern.  

-rail systems and dot sights in stock

-used and new handguns at very competitive prices (including Sigs

-suppressors in stock

-AOW (short shotguns) in stock

-AR-15 and AK magazines in stock (though I think they sold out of the $15 PMags quickly).

-On site cafe & pro-shop.

I have nothing but positive things to say about SEG.  Everyone should give it a try - at least once.

Douglas
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Pomerol:
Hello Gents:

Yes, I am an RSO/INST at SEG and no, I am not advertising for them.
I am just genuinely curious why some of you on our hometown forum do not shoot here.

If you have been here you can attest to how cool the place is and how cool we RSO's are. We are very accomodating and helpful and the retail area is chock full of goodies.

Is it the price?
Is it my breath?

Really, just for me, I personally want to know.

My reasons :

1) Early weekend hours , BRA opens at 8am on the weekends. That's when I can do most of my shooting.

2) $100 a year more then BRA (they only charge a one time $100 fee.)

3) I know people at BRA who I like to chat with.

4) Matches are on nights I can't make it. Have a 3-gun on Thursday evening please

Possible general reasons :

1) Obama donations from owners. (Not really sure if this is ACTUALLY keeping people from there , or just mostly people who would of never gone there anyways)

2) Valor membership was never really advertised.
Most people saw the Sportsman and Founder memberships at $5,000 and $50,000 plus monthly fees at $150/$350 and are immediately turned off to ever wanting to go there. It's almost like saying "we don't want your kind" to people that cannot afford the Sportsman membership.

Possible ways to get more people shooting there.

1) Give Pat Rogers a call and see if he'd like to use your facility to teach a carbine class. Get VA HTF to go to the carbine class.

2) Have an ARFCOM day . He have not had a VA hometown shoot in forever.

3) Coupon for free 25 round belt from the SAW will get people to show up

4) Altiods

Link Posted: 1/29/2009 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CBR900:
Greetings Pomerol!  Good question!  

First off, I am there and I'm the RO running the USPSA shoots every third Wednesday (thanks to the NRA Hometown forum for letting me post announcements for the shoots).  So far, me & Jay (the SEG RSO running IDPA out there) have managed to sell every single shooting slot for all our competitions.  So the competitive shooters are there.

But, you are right, besides the competitive shooters, the general shooting population is not coming to SEG in as high numbers as they could.  

So, here are some reasons why everyone might want to give SEG a try:

-no waiting.  I have yet to ever see a wait list for any of the ranges. Even on weekends.

-similar cost to other area ranges.  An hour of 50 yard rifle shooting or pistol shooting is only $25.  Yearly cost is about the same as BRA.

-no membership required to just show up for hourly shooting.

-heated ranges with HEPA air filtration (NO airborn lead hazards from shooting at SEG)

-AR-15s in stock.  I counted at least 10 ARs on the wall last time - including a Noveske, a S&W M&P AR-15, a DPMS .308 AR10, at least 4 copies of the M4 by Bushmaster, an AR varmit rifle, a .450 Remington AR, and an AR by remington in camo pattern.  

-rail systems and dot sights in stock

-used and new handguns at very competitive prices (including Sigs

-suppressors in stock

-AOW (short shotguns) in stock

-AR-15 and AK magazines in stock (though I think they sold out of the $15 PMags quickly).

-On site cafe & pro-shop.

I have nothing but positive things to say about SEG.  Everyone should give it a try - at least once.

Douglas

You know when I was at the open house I was told by the owner (not the son, but the dad) that the "pro shop" was only open to members.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Where is this range anyway?
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 3:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glock23carry] [#7]
I was under the impression I had to pay a fee to shoot, in addition to range time.

I guess I just never could work out the cost - either from the web site or from people's posts on forums.  One person posts one thing and another says XYZ, etc.  I just can't get a clear picture of the actual cost and I'm not going to look like a fool at the range counter.  

You:  -no membership required to just show up for hourly shooting.

Him:  2) $100 a year more then BRA (they only charge a one time $100 fee.)

Just my opinion.  Feel free to educate me!  

G
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I was in last night for a tour.

It was clean, well lit and the people seemed friendly.  

I am going to sign up for a Valor membership.  I am not a huge BRA fan.  Their selection on most stuff has really declined in the last few years.

From what I understood last night, you do not have to be a member to shop or even buy a firearm.  Prices were average and much lower than Loudoun Guns.

Link Posted: 1/29/2009 4:04:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoVaGator] [#9]
I'm a member despite their political donations/affiliations.

I figure if I can hold my nose and vote for McCain, I can live with this too.

I've been very disappointed in their unwillingness to do transfers from non-FFLs.

Here's a suggestion to drum up some business:

For members, offer bulk ammo (case or greater) at cost + a small flat fee. (you can require people to pre-pay)

I realize that most ranges rely upon ammo sales to augment income, but someone that is likely to buy a case of ammo is quite unlikely to ever buy ammo at the range.

Also, the range should start sending weekly membership emails....including news,  upcoming events, sales, "what's in stock" listings, etc.

If you still have that DPMS .308 on the rack, you're doing something very wrong.

ETA: and as ANGST said, get some good classes in there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
OOOOOOOOk...

- There is a 1 hour lane rental cost of 25.00. We call that a day pass... dont ask me why. If you need ammo or targets or eye pro  etc... thats extra of course.
Bring your guns and ammo and targets with 25 bones and you will be set for at least an hour.

- The annual membership is sooooo worth it and at 100.00 a year and 35.00 a month and this facilities offerings, its a steal!
Remember, if you go looking for cheaper, oh how you will so find it indeed.

- Three gun matches are in the works. Please hang on. We have IDPA and IPSC already running here and with Phil Stader as the director of training we will be rocking harder for sure.

- The 22,000 square foot force on force scenario house is for the public as well!
Yes. SIM force on force in mock up environments with camera systems. Ya guys, its that cool.

- The retail area and cafe are for anyone who wants to come in and shop.

- All RSO's use cinnamon Altoids

Please tell me that helps.
Once again I am not advertising. I just want you all to see there is a cool place here to do more and the people are sharp and friendly.

Link Posted: 1/29/2009 4:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spade] [#11]
/\/\ tell us more about this "scenario house" please.

Way away from me, and since I can't afford the big ticket memberships I don't see what it does that NRA or Gilbert's (if I only want to shoot pistol) can't do.

Except for the IDPA and such, but I'd only go for that. Or classes if you guys got some big name guys and ran some cool stuff like Quantico used to be able to do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ANGST:

2) Valor membership was never really advertised.
Most people saw the Sportsman and Founder memberships at $5,000 and $50,000 plus monthly fees at $150/$350 and are immediately turned off to ever wanting to go there. It's almost like saying "we don't want your kind" to people that cannot afford the Sportsman membership.

That about sums it up for me. The price was never clear and the only price I could find was way out of what I could afford.... $5,000-$50,000.

I was just on the website and it lists great thing about the range but price is still a mystery.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#13]
the valor membership is $100 plus $35 month.

also, ask them about the "family plan"
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#14]
my wee one starts school a couple days a week next week, so I was going to try and head up on Wednesday, since for a few days a week I will stop being a stay at home dad and officially become a "kept man"  :)

was hoping to shoot, maybe look around, and find a friend that works there
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Don (NovaGator) introduced me to the range a couple of weeks ago.  I've cancelled my membership to Black Lung Arsenal, and on my next trip to SEG, I'm joining.  It really was that nice.  

I really like the idea of a members-only ammo sale!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm...

1.  Cost- I can shoot for ~$10 less for an hour at the NRA, even if the wait can be atrocious.  I enjoy watching people shoot through the window while I wait anyway.  It's entertaining, and often instructive for one reason or another.  

2.  Cause- I know my money given to the NRA supports a good cause, and won't get funneled to dirty gun grabbers in political contributions.  A gun shop owner supporting His Awesomeness and others like him seems to me to be like a liquor store owner pulling for prohibition.

I have to admit that it's a lot closer to me than the NRA, and the prospect of getting to shoot a scenario instead of just blasting away at a hanging paper sounds rather nice.  I just don't want my money to end up in the pockets of politicians who want my RKBA to consist of having my weapons locked up at the gun club for occasional visitation, like Hong Kong.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in Ashburn but I basically have a free range for the next year so I just can't justify paying to shoot somewhere right now.   I'll try to come check the facility out though, sounds like a nice outfit.   Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 6:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ANGST] [#19]
OOOOOOOOk...

- There is a 1 hour lane rental cost of 25.00. We call that a day pass... dont ask me why. If you need ammo or targets or eye pro  etc... thats extra of course.
Bring your guns and ammo and targets with 25 bones and you will be set for at least an hour.

- The annual membership is sooooo worth it and at 100.00 a year and 35.00 a month and this facilities offerings, its a steal!
Remember, if you go looking for cheaper, oh how you will so find it indeed.

- Three gun matches are in the works. Please hang on. We have IDPA and IPSC already running here and with Phil Stader as the director of training we will be rocking harder for sure.

- The 22,000 square foot force on force scenario house is for the public as well!
Yes. SIM force on force in mock up environments with camera systems. Ya guys, its that cool.

- The retail area and cafe are for anyone who wants to come in and shop.

- All RSO's use cinnamon Altoids

Please tell me that helps.
Once again I am not advertising. I just want you all to see there is a cool place here to do more and the people are sharp and friendly.

Your "marketing dept." is not very good .

The name "Silver Eagle Group" doesn't sound like a range or shop.

The website does not make you look like a range typical people could use. Just "training and private club" With very slick pictures It looks VERY "exclusive".

SEG is not being marketed to your typical shooter, even your typical enthusiast such as we have here . It seems , from the marketing at least, to be geared to some kind of executive busieness man who makes $250K + a year and is REALLY into handgun/carbine shooting .

What kind of shooter is SEG trying to attract ?

another suggestion :

Add a bench and rest to 1 lane on the 50 yard range for sighting in.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#20]
NRA range is closer.

Link Posted: 1/29/2009 9:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bonk2029] [#21]
I went into this thread open-minded, but after pomerol's post on 1/30/09 at 2:14, I will never spend a penny there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 9:17:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VAAR] [#22]
Originally Posted By Spade:

+1

ETA: -2 Won't be going there after reading the rest of this thread...
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#23]
1) I don't give my hard-earned $$$ to anti-gunners.

2) 50 yards is a bit short for my rifles... kinda like driving a Ferrari in a hospital zone.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 9:25:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waltg] [#24]
I sent two e-mail requests to the contact-me address on the SEG website looking for pricing.  No response.  Like others have said the 5-50K joining fee is a bit too rich for my blood.  $14/hr at the NRA range is much more in line with my budget.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe it has something to do with SEG giving a LOT of money to anti's.  Maybe it's the BS that SEG passed off to the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors to get approval to open up.  For me, it's the owners treating Dick Heller's attorney like shit.  

Can't speak for anyone else but I won't be shooting at SEG.  Far too many other places that cater to the public without the attitude and bullshit.  Also, 50 yards is like driving a Ferrari in a hospital zone... no fun at all.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 9:30:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DrewH] [#26]
Pros:

Ranges are nice, lots of lanes

ROs and staff are friendly

Both Saturdays I have been there it was practically deserted.  I went there after going to NRA and findng one hour+ wait periods.

Store is decent, prices are not insane

Cons:

Biggest is simply price is higher than NRA, 25 versus 14 an hour

1 year of membership is 520 (100 plus 12x35) versus 300? or so at NRA

Waiting areas and store are a little spartan.

Complicated system of paying, fill out liability form at entrance, take ticket to store, wait around for employee to show up, give him ticket, follow RO to range, shoot, go to store, nobody there, go to front, get employee to store, finally pay up.  Lots of toing and froing for no good reason I could see.

The elitist stuff, the founders/sportsmen stuff, can be annoying.  For example, when I suggested more than one bathroom I was told there were dozens, but only for members.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Because if I wanted to make donations to Obama and Hillary, I could do that from the comfort of my own home!
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Glarus:
Because if I wanted to make donations to Obama and Hillary, I could do that from the comfort of my own home!

^^^^ I just spit coffee through my nose, LOL^^^^^

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I am a pretty regular participant in local IDPA matches, and I know people who have made the drive from Richmond to check it out BUT:

My money will NEVER be spent there.....PERIOD due to the owners political contributions.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Glarus:

+1
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jmb_nova:
I'll be honest, I know NOTHING about Silver Eagle.  I don't even know where it is!

The NRA range is about 2 blocks from my house so I always end up there.  Having said that, I do wish there was a place around here where i could "stretch my legs" some.  Even 300yds would be good to go.

Ditto.  I drive past the NRA every day to and from work, have a range membership there.  I'll try out SEG some time, it's just not convenient to drive up there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 11:10:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CBR900] [#32]
I have toured the scenario house twice while under construction.  It was slated to have been completed by last Thursday.

From the outside, it appears to be a 2 story grey cube.  Inside, it is a complete, 2 story suburban family "house" of something like 5 bedrooms, dining room, etc.  It also has an area that approximates a conference room/office area.  Each room is equiped with a camera capable of recording the room.

The construction is typical drywall.  Thus, the house will only be used with Simunitions or the like (it is not designed to contain actual bullets).   In actual use, realistic scenarios can be set up, shot, and recorded inside the house.  Typical scenarions would probably be: force on force, hostage rescue or barricade situations, or home defense.

As far as its intended use & availabliity, I will leave that to Pomerol/Phil to fill in the details as they become available.

In the mean time (and using real bullets), we are having a combat pistol/USPSA (ipsc) shoot on the 3rd Wednesday of every month; squads will run at 6,7, and 8 PM and are limited to 10 shooters per squad.  Pre-registration is required and opens one week before the day of the shoot.  Every USPSA and IDPA shoot held so far has sold out 100% so call early on the Wednesday one week before the next shoot.   We should have our USPSA affiliation completed by the next shoot.

Hope to see you at SEG for the next combat pistol/ IDPA or USPSA shoot.

Douglas
Originally Posted By VAAR:

+1

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#33]
WOW.

Thanks for the feed back.
The best I can do as low man on totem pole is try to respond on just soley my behalf.

- Prices: At SEG you get more.
             No waits, a cafe, exceptional instructors, RSO's are very giving, 50 Cal on every range, range cleanliness, immediate armoring services,
             great pro shop, a M249 for rent... At 25.00 a hour (that we let you exceed with no waits) its a steal in my opinion.
             Besides, I am awesome to shoot with. ;)

- Political: Did any of you contribute to a 401K or any IRA this year? Well guess what... you too contributed to that idiot Obama.
               If you really want to make a political stink have you checked out the NRA board member who wants to ban assault rifles?
               No, you didnt I am sure.

- 50 yard range is too short for rifle: As an extensive carbine shooter with a ton of knowledge with years of overse4as experince... I agree.
                                                          But, and theres always a but, 50 yards indoors does a hell-of-a-lot when you cant get outside.

- Website: All I can say is that they are getting it to jive soon. It will be more shooter friendly and up to date.

- Scenario Environment: Come check it out. I will give you the B tour.

Thanks guys!!

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#34]
$25hr for the 249?
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#35]

- Political: Did any of you contribute to a 401K or any IRA this year? Well guess what... you too contributed to that idiot Obama.

Just curious - how many distillations did you have to do to refine such pure bullshit?
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
$25hr for the 249?

I think it was $125 when I was in there last
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#37]

If you really want to make a political stink have you checked out the NRA board member who wants to ban assault rifles?
               No, you didnt I am sure.

I'm interested in learning more about this, but unfortunately your post is void of any sources or links to detailed information. If you would kindly provide information that supports this I would be happy to check it out.

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Not sure if I want to shoot at a place where the RSO's are smoking crack.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Not sure if I want to shoot at a place where the RSO's are smoking crack.

Yeah - maybe I am an idiot, but I don't see how planning for my future = donating to Obama.  Please enlighten me on this one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Ahhhh the "Armchairs"  once again couldn't help it.
I try to shed light and you need to be, well, yourselves. Damn ya'll, wheres the fire?!

Consult Human Events online.
Use their research to see who contributed over 70% of Obama's money... Wall Street. And...
2 former clients who told me themsleves that they did ( who more than afilliated with with investing your money ).
This isn't rocket science.
Oh and the NRA... Get off "see up ann coulters dress" website for one minute (of which I am a premium member) and research it your dirt-digging self.
I will not divulge my NRA source so therefore discount it if you you are so inclined. I really do not care if you believe me.
So you must be looking for an arguement that serves no purpose except save one,  that you have no way to lift the 2nd ammendment but to tear down a local range?
IMHO sir, you are no asset to the shooting industry.

Now if you wanna trade personal insults or "my gun is bigger than yours" crap I will be available in between, shooting, training persons, aquiring my NRA certs, promoting muti-state CDLs, working at a range, working overseas, etc...

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I try to shed light and you need to be, well, yourselves. Damn ya'll, wheres the fire?!

Use their research to see who contributed over 70% of Obama's money... Wall Street. And...
2 former clients who told me themsleves that they did ( who more than afilliated with with investing your money ).
Oh and the NRA... Get off "see up ann coulters dress" website for one minute (of which I am a premium member) and research it your dirt-digging self.
I will not divulge my NRA source so therefore discount it if you you are so inclined. I really do not care if you believe me.
So you must be looking for an arguement that serves no purpose except save one,  that you have no way to lift the 2nd ammendment but to tear down a local range?

Now if you wanna trade personal insults or "my gun is bigger than yours" crap I will be available in between, shooting, training persons, aquiring my NRA certs, promoting muti-state CDLs, working at a range, working overseas, etc...

Perhaps "condescending attitude" should be added to the list of reasons why people are skipping your range.

Add to that comments like "the 'armchairs'" - an excellent highlight of the 'holier-than-thou' attitude several posters have mentioned - and you really are doing an excellent job of answering your own question.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 2:42:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spade] [#42]

You know, there might be a difference between me putting my money into a 401(k') and having somebody directly donate money to Obama. That's like saying I support Obama because I bought a Pepsi yesterday.

Also, you're not helping your range.

ETA: Oh, and in this area posting resume type stuff about what you're doing doesn't really serve to impress people.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 2:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trio] [#43]
i started to write out a long, drawn out explanation of why your comparisons are not valid, pomerol, but decided against it....

you asked an honest question, but have not respected the honest answers you received...

for all you know, the people posting about their objection to the political contributions the owners of SEG are very careful in ensuring that the money they invest goes into funds that are generally apolitical (hell a lot of my money right now is in Russian oil and gold)

what is known, however, is the level of contribution the owners of SEG have made to some very serious anti-2A candidates

so, beyond other flaws in the comparison, you are criticizing people for making a decision based on established facts using pure conjecture

beyond that, though, it seems rather disingenuous to ask a question such as you did, and then attack people for giving you the honest answer you sought

you would have been better off asking if there was any way they could see past their differences, and if not, to thank them for their input and move on

i guess thats just my 2 cents, but what you have done is akin to a woman in a dress asking for an honest opinion of how she looks, and then attacking the opinion giver when the truth is not what she wanted to hear....
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Kira:

Perhaps "condescending attitude" should be added to the list of reasons why people are skipping your range.

Add to that comments like "the 'armchairs'" - an excellent highlight of the 'holier-than-thou' attitude several posters have mentioned - and you really are doing an excellent job of answering your own question.

+1 You can stick it in your ear. i don't need that kind of BS being spouted by SE's RSO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#45]
hey pomerol, thanks for your hard work in this thread to ensure that I'll never have to wait for a lane at SEG!

look, I understand why the Marquez family has donated to Dems...their federal contracts for work in Iraq have nosedived over the past few years. They saw the writing on the wall with regards to the new party in power and did what they had to do.

but don't try to rub anyone's nose in it, or try to make excuses for it, mmmmkay?

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't think it was ever their intention to be geared 100% towards "elites"

The place is just far too large for that.

They just do a crappy marketing job.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Someone needs a VA Arms class in good business practice.    Any chance you have made it to M4, War Rifles, Glock Talk etc to see if you could piss off those possible customers too?
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
When talk of this range first started popping up, information was very sketchy to say the least. Meaning it was kind of difficult to find out what exactly was going to be offered, and how much it would cost. The first numbers I saw thrown around were just way overboard for the average shooter.It sounded like a high end country club for gun owners. My felt if the range wanted to cater to the "wealthy" gun owner, well that was up to them.

Here is the problem as I see it. When it seems that the original business plan, of catering to the "wealthy" and .gov has not turned out to be successful, the range is scrambling to bring in other revenue sources. I almost find it insulting the way it's been done to tell you the truth.

Why? Because I can't help but feel that if there was enough of a "wealthy" and .gov presence at the range, the average gun owner would be shut out quickly.

DING ! DING ! ... Winner

Even if not the intention, to me, that is certainly the perception.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 5:12:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RandyDTC] [#50]
delete
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top